• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris9341
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
    There are only 4 teams with more losses than LAC after 10 or 11 games (depending on byes), but folks are still projecting LAC draft at 10 to 15, and some are even still looking for a “playoff run”. I say let Phil play it out, show him the respect, and secretly hope they lose. Forget the playoffs, what the fuck is the point of that.

I will Still enjoy the remaining game, I’m always be entertained any time my LAC are playing as they are my team. its not a SB year and everyone here knows that. Its time for a new franchise QB ... So the rational calculation is wins hurt the future and do nothing for the present. Jmo, i know its heresy.

The team counts on us to be grown men here, not emotional children. Lets do what’s right.
    So correct me if I'm wrong but what I got form reading your post the right thing to do is to lose?

Comment

• Jagged
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Omaha, Nebraska
      • Send PM

Huge Rivers fan, one of my all time favorite chargers. That being said, age comes for us all at some point. I've only been able to watch one game this year and some highlights so I can't say that I'm qualified to even give an opinion on his game. The real questions are do you trust this front office to pick the successor to Rivers and can this coaching staff develop a young QB?

I'm not as down on TT as some posters on this board, but I can see their apprehension. Overall I thinks he's done an above average job of acquiring talent, but the misses/injuries on the lines are really hurting this team. The gamble on the offensive line was absolutely asinine when you (and everyone else) knows you have the least mobile QB in the league. Not exactly sure what is options were either other than taking a shot in the draft. I'm not sure I would trust him to pick the future QB of the team...

Does anyone have any faith that this coaching staff can develop young talent? The fact that they left Lamp on the bench in favor of continuity over talent says it all for me. When the Chargers really are out of playoff contention they need to start Stick and see if this staff can develop a young QB. Not saying the ultimate performance will be the final decision, but he would have to show improvement over the course of his time playing. At this point I absolutely do not trust this staff to develop a young QB.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post

So correct me if I'm wrong but what I got form reading your post the right thing to do is to lose?
        Exactly.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• foreigner
          Tom Telesco is gone
          • Sep 2013
          • Send PM

I'm one of those that think Rivers is not done yet.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Jesus so i post this pic of Tua in Bolts. I always tweet college players in bolts when i find those edits. My caption was giving the credit to an artist named tank. And im getting drilled by people thinking i am suggesting we tank for Tua. lol Or even want to draft him. Twitter is ruining people.

Comment

• OhioBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Jagged View Post
              Huge Rivers fan, one of my all time favorite chargers. That being said, age comes for us all at some point. I've only been able to watch one game this year and some highlights so I can't say that I'm qualified to even give an opinion on his game. The real questions are do you trust this front office to pick the successor to Rivers and can this coaching staff develop a young QB?

I'm not as down on TT as some posters on this board, but I can see their apprehension. Overall I thinks he's done an above average job of acquiring talent, but the misses/injuries on the lines are really hurting this team. The gamble on the offensive line was absolutely asinine when you (and everyone else) knows you have the least mobile QB in the league. Not exactly sure what is options were either other than taking a shot in the draft. I'm not sure I would trust him to pick the future QB of the team...

Does anyone have any faith that this coaching staff can develop young talent? The fact that they left Lamp on the bench in favor of continuity over talent says it all for me. When the Chargers really are out of playoff contention they need to start Stick and see if this staff can develop a young QB. Not saying the ultimate performance will be the final decision, but he would have to show improvement over the course of his time playing. At this point I absolutely do not trust this staff to develop a young QB.
              The problem is developing talent and accessing talent

They were banking on Sam Tevi improving and they were wrong

They kept contnuity at the expense of keeping one of the better O-line men in Lamp on the bench

They then insert a rusty not in condition running back in Melvin Gordon in the starting line up before he is ready to take the load

Head scratching at the safety position after Phililips injury you team 1st year starter Jenkins with Teamer never a starter instead of Jaylen Watkins an experienced safety

The whole assesment of the Wide Reciever group outside of Allen and Williams we have go nothing from Benjamin, Davis, Patton, and Moore. Moore flashed one game and ghosted out.

The assesment of the whole LB crew Thomas Davis too many snaps, Dru Tranquill not enough, Perryman not the same player, what happen to Khzir White, Jatavis Brown has regressed every year after his rookie season

The whole Trevor Williams thing was a waste of a roster spot.

There is a lot of concern of how the roster will shape out next year.

Comment

• Boltx
                Dominate the day
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
                I'm one of those that think Rivers is not done yet.
                So at age 39 (next year) behind a team that historically cannot build an OL or run an effective scheme he will all of a sudden with a Super Bowl.

You realize nobody at that age has ever won their first championship.
                ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post

The problem is developing talent and accessing talent

They were banking on Sam Tevi improving and they were wrong

They kept contnuity at the expense of keeping one of the better O-line men in Lamp on the bench

They then insert a rusty not in condition running back in Melvin Gordon in the starting line up before he is ready to take the load

Head scratching at the safety position after Phililips injury you team 1st year starter Jenkins with Teamer never a starter instead of Jaylen Watkins an experienced safety

The whole assesment of the Wide Reciever group outside of Allen and Williams we have go nothing from Benjamin, Davis, Patton, and Moore. Moore flashed one game and ghosted out.

The assesment of the whole LB crew Thomas Davis too many snaps, Dru Tranquill not enough, Perryman not the same player, what happen to Khzir White, Jatavis Brown has regressed every year after his rookie season

The whole Trevor Williams thing was a waste of a roster spot.

There is a lot of concern of how the roster will shape out next year.
                  Agree on Tevi
                  I'll continue to challenge the Lamp assumption until I see him actually play well. Which I would now bet is never. Everyone here assumes they kept a better player on the bench for continuity - maybe that limited his opportunity late 2018 but to me its silly to assume that for 2019. he couldnt beat out Feeney or Schofield, thats what happened. When he came in as 2nd string, he showed nothing better than those two imo. For every good play he'd flash, he'd have a breakdown/fail on another. that was against scrubs.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• foreigner
                    Tom Telesco is gone
                    • Sep 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

So at age 39 (next year) behind a team that historically cannot build an OL or run an effective scheme he will all of a sudden with a Super Bowl.

He still has the talent that's all I'm saying, but I also agree with your realistic specific comments about the Organization.

Comment

• Midwestbolt
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Midwest
                      • Local 150 operating engineer.
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                      Next season, TT will hope for luck with injuries, shore up the depth at O-line with draft picks, and give Rivers what he hasn't been given these past two years.
                      Queensbury is a pleasant surprise this year. With Pouncy healthy and back at center, Queensbury might be just as welcome a surprise at guard, which he played in college. TT will pry open his wallet and acquire a free agent tackle (if none available in the draft), a young stud, not some has been "mentor" type whose bones are aging.

Rivers will get a chance to recover and let it happen instead of having to make it happen.

Therefore, Swami predicts Rivers will be back to open the new rental. He'll do better than Eli Manning, who enjoyed a somewhat better O-line before free falling.
                      I can get behind this, as the heir apparent isn't on the roster yet.

I really do anticipate finishing strong. I have faith the turnovers get under control.

Agree about Queensbury, not so confident on Pouncy - but I hope he can come back and play well.

I'd take a good WR3 with some speed (like Benji but who can actually catch) over spending big on a T. As long as the interior Oline can be shored up, Rivers will be ok.

Comment

• Budsman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                        Jesus so i post this pic of Tua in Bolts. I always tweet college players in bolts when i find those edits. My caption was giving the credit to an artist named tank. And im getting drilled by people thinking i am suggesting we tank for Tua. lol Or even want to draft him. Twitter is ruining people.

Honestly with the injury he may drop to us. He could use a year to heal from it anyway. It’s not unrealistic.

Comment

• Budsman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

So if it hasn’t been done it can’t be done?

steve brule GIF

Comment

Working...
                          X