Telesco Needs To Be Relieved Of Duties..

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • foreigner
    Tom Telesco is gone
    • Sep 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Go thru every team and see what you come up with. Won't be all that different. Some a little better,some worse.
    Funny how our fans think we draft terrible and have the most injuries when it's not the case.
    We want a Mean Machine every year....... fuck yeah.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

We want a Mean Machine every year....... fuck yeah.
      My point is, every GM thinks they are making the right picks. Obviously some GMs are better than others and have better scouts but even Ozzie Newsome has had some bad picks and he is considered one of the better ones.
      John Spano's does not help us in that department at all and should not be the director of scouting.

Comment

• foreigner
        Tom Telesco is gone
        • Sep 2013
        • Send PM

My point is, every GM thinks they are making the right picks. Obviously some GMs are better than others and have better scouts but even Ozzie Newsome has had some bad picks and he is considered one of the better ones.
        John Spano's does not help us in that department at all and should not be the director of scouting.
        yeah got it, I'm with you... we just want a mean machine every year... don't you?

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Go thru every team and see what you come up with. Won't be all that different. Some a little better,some worse.
          Funny how our fans think we draft terrible and have the most injuries when it's not the case.
          Understand what yer saying, but still, that 2013-2014 stretch, out of 12 players picked, only KA is with us...all others either busts, not re-signed or out of the league...I would think our GM would at least have a total of 2-3 out of 12...

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

yeah got it, I'm with you... we just want a mean machine every year... don't you?
            Of course. Seems New England is the only consistant playoff team

Comment

• Caslon
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Understand what yer saying, but still, that 2013-2014 stretch, out of 12 players picked, only KA is with us...all others either busts, not re-signed or out of the league...I would think our GM would at least have a total of 2-3 out of 12...
              I wish that gem could block. Ever seen KA on a screen pass? Hey! I catch passes, that's my thing. (minor complaint about KA).

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Go get John Dorsey. The Browns fired him. He has a good resume. Would be much better than TT

Comment

• Midwestbolt
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Midwest
                  • Local 150 operating engineer.
                  • Send PM

TT is part of the problem.

I'm not saying the drafts have been awful - there have been awful picks, but some good ones too. Nobody bats 1.000.

I don't like the strategy in FA and the failure to address the oline (Not for trying, more as in evaluation of personnel, FA acquisitions, and draft. Way more misses than hits) Tendency to make risky or head scratching moves to sign/over pay vets or let others walk. Some have been season breaking decisions. How about letting Lambo go. that was bad. How many wins did the kicking game cost?

Heck even little moves like cutting Lawerence guy who went on to have a solid career with Baltimore and start two SB with the Pats. He's still playing good. At about the same $$ or less the Chargers have payed vets like Mebane, they could have had a solid 6 year of starter/rotational interior lineman. How nice would continuity on the line be the last few years. But I digress. Always liked that guy (pardon the pun)

Anyway, TT will go when Lynn goes, which will be next year, if I were a betting man.

Only a strong playoff run can save either of those two.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Midwestbolt View Post
                    TT is part of the problem.

I'm not saying the drafts have been awful - there have been awful picks, but some good ones too. Nobody bats 1.000.

I don't like the strategy in FA and the failure to address the oline (Not for trying, more as in evaluation of personnel, FA acquisitions, and draft. Way more misses than hits) Tendency to make risky or head scratching moves to sign/over pay vets or let others walk. Some have been season breaking decisions. How about letting Lambo go. that was bad. How many wins did the kicking game cost?

Heck even little moves like cutting Lawerence guy who went on to have a solid career with Baltimore and start two SB with the Pats. He's still playing good. At about the same $$ or less the Chargers have payed vets like Mebane, they could have had a solid 6 year of starter/rotational interior lineman. How nice would continuity on the line be the last few years. But I digress. Always liked that guy (pardon the pun)

Anyway, TT will go when Lynn goes, which will be next year, if I were a betting man.

Only a strong playoff run can save either of those two.
                    Special teams for the last ten years have been horrible. I mean, they have cost many many games. I cannot remember the last time the Chargers stopped a fake punt. I have heard that Lambo was a jerk-**f in the locker room but he was exactly what you wanted in a kicker - a young guy learning who was going to be better in year 2.

As for TT - he never has learned to build an OL. So many wasted picks. I think that alone is why I would replace him. Maybe its little John John SPanos too - who knows. But again, if a Spanii is involved, tahts the problem. The Spanii need to get out of the building - they would be so much better if they just wrote the checks and let professionals do their job. Dean got the ownership from nepotism and its being passed on, qualified or not.

Comment

• UglyTruth
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2018
                      • Send PM

Remember this bull shit that Telesco spewed out last off season? So how’s that record looking you jackass?
                      Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                      - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                      - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                      - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                      - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                      - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                      - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                        Go get John Dorsey. The Browns fired him. He has a good resume. Would be much better than TT
                        Im down with that. it won't happen, nothing i want ever happens

TT and John Jr are tight ... they go to chuckie cheese together and split a pie, sing along with the rat band ... its a whole day for them
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• UglyTruth
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2018
                          • Send PM

That’s bullshit, then why was AJ Smith fired? Name one good OL or DL that Telesco drafted besides Bosa.

Newsflash: It doesn’t exist.

You have to be able to win win in the trenches to win in the NFL and Telesco has ZERO idea how to draft players there.

Telesco single handedly ruined Rivers career by never giving him a half decent O line. I will never forgive him for that and I hope to one day meet Telesco in person and I’ll surely bring it up then as well.
                          Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                          - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                          - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                          - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                          - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                          - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                          - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

Working...
                          X