Telesco Needs To Be Relieved Of Duties..

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
    TT is a garbage-tier GM but honestly who knows how much meddling the owners do behind the scenes.
    Yup. The Spanos are the west coast version of the Mike Brown Family. But it's time Telesco goes on record in drafting a QB. He blows it,
    he's going to get blown out as GM in 2 years.

John Butler drafted Drew Brees.

AJ Smith drafted Philip Rivers.

Now it's Tom Telesco's turn.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Wow, imagine having an owner that cares about winning.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Carolina Panthers owner David Tepper would not address the future of coach Ron Rivera and general manager Marty Hurney during a Monday meeting with Charlotte-based reporters, but he made it clear that he will not accept long-term mediocrity.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• BlackMamba
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Send PM

Telesco flat out nailed some picks (though you can argue Derwin was a gimme) and got us some blue chippers, so I won't totally bash him, but he's failed miserably to build in the trenches and around the margins of the roster. And there were a TON of busts and wasted draft picks to go along with those blue chippers, so you could also argue he was bound to get a few of them right at some point, especially with the benefit of some of those higher picks. Strong line play on both sides and depth are so important, and Telesco just hasn't been able to accomplish either during his tenure. Now we need a franchise QB on top of that - does ownership trust Telesco with that task, or do they turn it over to a new GM, then have him start fresh by handpicking his own guy? It doesn't seem wise to give a GM on the hot seat that kind of responsibility, only to can him a year or two later should things continue to go south and have another GM be stuck with a QB he didn't draft.

Telesco has built a solid roster in some ways because I do think we're in the upper half (if not third) of the league as far as pure roster talent, but in addition to the deficiencies I already mentioned, he also inherited a HOF QB in his prime and failed to do anything of note with him. Now his fate is probably tied to that QB, and I see no reason why both of them shouldn't be shown the door this offseason...

Comment

• BlackMamba
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Yup. The Spanos are the west coast version of the Mike Brown Family. But it's time Telesco goes on record in drafting a QB. He blows it,
          he's going to get blown out as GM in 2 years.

John Butler drafted Drew Brees.

AJ Smith drafted Philip Rivers.

Now it's Tom Telesco's turn.
          I don't think you even give a lame duck GM that chance. He inherited a HOF QB in his prime, and already had a couple years more than he deserved to prove his worth. The Derwin pick saved his ass for another season. But IMO we've seen enough of his body of work to know he ain't it, and do you really want to reward that by handing him arguably the biggest responsibility a GM could have (drafting a franchise QB), something that could set the franchise back YEARS? Personally, I'm uncomfortable with that, but Spanos gonna Spanos.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Telesco doesn't make trades during the season. These type of things give fans hope. You're going to need this when trying to build on a fanbase going forward and heading into a new stadium. Something the Spanos kids should weigh in.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

Having said that, the def played great tonight and gave the Offense every chance to win it.
              The defense had their good moments in the game. But they also had their bad moments.

Yes we gave the ball back for our offense, and yes we made stops. But the defense could've got to Mahomes more. They only had one sack on him, and that wasn't until late in the game.

Comment

• BlackMamba
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

The defense had their good moments in the game. But they also had their bad moments.

Yes we gave the ball back for our offense, and yes we made stops. But the defense could've got to Mahomes more. They only had one sack on him, and that wasn't until late in the game.
                The defense held THAT offense to 17 points, so c'mon now. The D isn't perfect, but it's been consistently good enough to make the playoffs this season. If you want a perfect defense that never has bad moments, I'm afraid you're always going to be disappointed.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                  Outback Goon
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Australia
                  • Send PM

scrambling Mahomes escaped a few sacks, credit to him.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by BlackMamba View Post

The defense held THAT offense to 17 points, so c'mon now. The D isn't perfect, but it's been consistently good enough to make the playoffs this season. If you want a perfect defense that never has bad moments, I'm afraid you're always going to be disappointed.
                    This.

I like our defense going forward...we need to go all out, FA and draft, for the oline.
                    The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltx
                      Dominate the day
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Telesco doesn't make trades during the season. These type of things give fans hope. You're going to need this when trying to build on a fanbase going forward and heading into a new stadium. Something the Spanos kids should weigh in.
                      Exactly!

Where's the creativity??
                      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• foreigner
                        Tom Telesco is gone
                        • Sep 2013
                        • Send PM

Besides Telesco and the Spanos family the first guy I would fire first is whoever is responsible for the health of the players and preventing injuries.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by BlackMamba View Post

How different could the game have turned out if Ingram had not gotten penalized when we got the turnover and had the ball at their 20? They kept the ball and drove down for a TD. We were already in FG range and that was a 10 to 14 point swing. The D did do a good job, but lets not forget that Hill got hurt early and that wiped out a big part of their game plan. If Allen went down in the first quarter, how much worse would our O look?

Comment

Working...
                          X