Telesco Needs To Be Relieved Of Duties..

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

Yeah I dont care who TT has brought in I care about how many trophys we have.How many Championships under his tenure?How many playoff appearances and wins?Dude is not the GM to get us to the bowl and most of us here know it.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
      Yeah I dont care who TT has brought in I care about how many trophys we have.How many Championships under his tenure?How many playoff appearances and wins?Dude is not the GM to get us to the bowl and most of us here know it.
      Gawd Damn Right

2 playoffs in 8 years
      this might be three in 9

I do think part of it is how Spanos runs his business model in terms cash/cap every year. That being said, Telesco has just not been that good. I wanted the guy from the Ravens with a last name starting with H because that organization seems to have a clue how to team build.

Comment

• Riverwalk
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
        Tom Telesco must go. His weaknesses as a GM are growing. It gets worse as the team goes on with him.
        Remember, baby Spanos was head of scouting before he became Telesco’s boss. I doubt Telesco has ever made a player decision without heavy input from baby Spanos.

I think that’s the common denominator of failure both pre and post Telesco. Unlike GM’s with vast and respected experience, Spanos hired a yes man type with Telesco so baby Spanos could forever remind us how baby Spanos is only there via ownership.

And please don’t give me Slater and Samuels as examples of stellar drafting…..Every single Charger fan knew OT and CB were top priority for team and would have drafted them in the same spot. Same goes for Herbert the year before. That’s luck, not skill.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Remember, baby Spanos was head of scouting before he became Telesco’s boss. I doubt Telesco has ever made a player decision without heavy input from baby Spanos.

I think that’s the common denominator of failure both pre and post Telesco. Unlike GM’s with vast and respected experience, Spanos hired a yes man type with Telesco so baby Spanos could forever remind us how baby Spanos is only there via ownership.

And please don’t give me Slater and Samuels as examples of stellar drafting…..Every single Charger fan knew OT and CB were top priority for team and would have drafted them in the same spot. Same goes for Herbert the year before. That’s luck, not skill.
          My biggest thing with Telesco is this: the reason, supposedly, he doesn't like to trade draft picks at the deadline is he values draft capital. Yet four times in 9 years he has traded up using a third once and a 4th round pick three other times.

I won't even bring up the Sammy School picks in R3 or the busts like Watt, Perry and Tuerk -- if you truly value your draft picks - one would trade down and not up. And so far, none of those three trade ups that have been determined- the player got a second contract with the Chargers. So by that measure, the trading up didn't work. Murray is a work in progess now being tried on the Edge.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

My biggest thing with Telesco is this: the reason, supposedly, he doesn't like to trade draft picks at the deadline is he values draft capital. Yet four times in 9 years he has traded up using a third once and a 4th round pick three other times.

I won't even bring up the Sammy School picks in R3 or the busts like Watt, Perry and Tuerk -- if you truly value your draft picks - one would trade down and not up. And so far, none of those three trade ups that have been determined- the player got a second contract with the Chargers. So by that measure, the trading up didn't work. Murray is a work in progess now being tried on the Edge.
            Yep...think of it...if we end up with around 10 picks the next draft, does anybody REALLY think that ALL TEN will make the final 53? So, 1-2 of those players, probably 6-7th rounders, will most probably get cut or not last 1-2 years...so, couldn't TT at LEAST have used ONE of those late rounders to trade for some D-line help at some point this season? Apparently not...TT bogarts draft picks like a chipmunk bogarts acorns...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...think of it...if we end up with around 10 picks the next draft, does anybody REALLY think that ALL TEN will make the final 53? So, 1-2 of those players, probably 6-7th rounders, will most probably get cut or not last 1-2 years...so, couldn't TT at LEAST have used ONE of those late rounders to trade for some D-line help at some point this season? Apparently not...TT bogarts draft picks like a chipmunk bogarts acorns...
              I asked Popper in today's chat wrap if Telesco even tried at the deadline to make a trade.

He responded with something like "they looked around, nothing close"

As of today, if OTC.Com is correct, Chargers would have 11 draft picks -- of which over half would be in rounds 5-7. To your point, and I totally get it does take two to tango so maybe teams were wanting a 3rd or 4th rounder - but he easily could have traded a 5th -7th rounder if he desired and he still would have had 5 picks in Rounds 1-4 plus a bushel of picks on day 3

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                I dont want a riverboat gambler as a GM but I definitely do not want someone as timid and conservative in his dealings as TT. With him there will never be a time where we are in Win Now mode, always next year mode.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

I dont want a riverboat gambler as a GM but I definitely do not want someone as timid and conservative in his dealings as TT. With him there will never be a time where we are in Win Now mode, always next year mode.
                  9 years in on the job - building for next year
                  the Chargers will have draft capital and cap space - next year
                  8 friggin games to go this year; the Dline is decimated, they were a weakness a month ago but "lets wait until next year"

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

9 years in on the job - building for next year
                    the Chargers will have draft capital and cap space - next year
                    8 friggin games to go this year; the Dline is decimated, they were a weakness a month ago but "lets wait until next year"
                    Do you think TT will be fired after this season? Not should be, do you think he will be fired?

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

No way he gets fired. He just hired Staley. He just drafted Slater. He just drafted Herbert. Too many high profile hits right now that outweigh his failings to get fired. Plus the Spanoses like the guy. A new GM will want his own coach. If Telesco goes, Staley probably does, too, at some point in the near future. Telesco is not going anywhere. Get even more used to him.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Berserker76
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                        No way he gets fired. He just hired Staley. He just drafted Slater. He just drafted Herbert. Too many high profile hits right now that outweigh his failings to get fired. Plus the Spanoses like the guy. A new GM will want his own coach. If Telesco goes, Staley probably does, too, at some point in the near future. Telesco is not going anywhere. Get even more used to him.

TG
                        Sigh...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Do you think TT will be fired after this season? Not should be, do you think he will be fired?
                          Not a bleeping chance in hell - like Heatmiser said. He is John Boys buddy to allow JohnBoy to "play GM"

Now I do think if they hired the right GM, Louis Riddick spoke very highly of STaley - so I am not sure that person (not that Riddick would ever get hired by Dean) would fire Staley. And personally, I don't think a GM needs his own guy. They should work together.

I just think Telesco needs to nail this next offseason - if that is the grand plan why they didn't makea trade two weeks ago to preserve cap space and picks

He needs a free agent class like when the Broncos got Ware, Talib and TJ Ward. Three players who produced. And he has a boat load of cap space to work with

He needs a draft class that would be his best yet. He might want to stay away from Sammie Small schools and trading away 3rd or 4th rounders He wants to trade 5th or 6th, fine, have at it.

Comment

Working...
                          X