Telesco Needs To Be Relieved Of Duties..

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • captaind
    Cook This Pork Chops
    • Jun 2013
    • Mars
    • Ball Holder
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

So you are in favor of firing Staley and TT and starting over completely?

The Spanos clan has already said that they aren't going to name a Spanos as the GM. The idea has always to have John Spanos replacing Dean as the "owner" and AG running the business side. The problem, at least from some reports of players is not that they are GM, but that they don't let the GM and coaches run things. It is really easy for owners to undermine coaches and front office guys

I am specifically thinking of the Danny Woodhead/Slauson podcast where they pointed out that an OL (probably Franklin) was left in the lineup, even though he was not effective at all because the owners wouldn't let the coaches pull the big money FA signing (that is a separate issue). If you are undermining the coach, it's hard to think they are the ones who are accountable, it's the owners that are the problem (that and pissing money away on FA signings).
    No, I'm in favor of firing TT. Staley just got here.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

No, I'm in favor of firing TT. Staley just got here.
      This isn't a popular opinion, but Telesco & scouting department + Staley and coaching staff brought a ton of good players in this 2021 offseason:

1. Slater 2. Feiler 3. Aboushi 4. Samuel 5. Lindsey....plus some other decent free agent signings & tbd draft picks who show some promise.

Compare that with 2020, 2019, 2017 under Lynn /Telesco, & 2014, 2015, 2016 under McCoy/Telesco.... big difference.

I'd give Telesco /Staley one more year to see if they can continue building at the same rate.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I would just fire TT and tell the new GM - Staley is our coach for at least three more years - if you don't like it - -don't take the job.

This idea that a GM needs to hire his person is BS.
        :lol:

What can go wrong?

Comment

• SuperCharged
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Utah
          • Midnight Toker
          • Send PM

I view TT as above average. So.....

Ya'll show me some comparison. Like Denver for example. Im too lazy but someone throw those up side by side and lets analyze so we have a little more than "Telesco sucks"

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Maybe Telesco makes like his BFF Brian Kelly and peaces out via text.
            .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
            .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
            .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
            .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
            .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
            .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
            .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
            .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
            .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Nothing would ever happen until right after the draft.

Perpetually screwed.
              You don't know ball

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

I do not give two fucks about how good, how experienced, how skilled, how savvyTelesco and this scouting department are supposed to be.

It just hasn't clicked.

Last chance.
                You don't know ball

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                  I do not give two fucks about how good, how experienced, how skilled, how savvyTelesco and this scouting department are supposed to be.

It just hasn't clicked.

Last chance.
                  Do you mean this offseason is his last chance?

Because I look at it differently - Chargers will have a lot of draft picks (granted, 4 in the 7th round if OTC is right - but an extra 4th rounder
                  More than that - a boatload of cap space -

I don't trust Telesco with either -so if you make the move, you make the move NOW

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

:lol:

What can go wrong?
                    Here is the thing - in life, and I get sports is not life - sometimes - people get jobs where they don't get to make certain hires of people that report to them. This is how I view this situation. Again, sports isn't life.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

GM's/Scouting Dept's are typically not let go until right after the draft.

Same thing is gonna apply to Mayock.
                      ​​
                      The trove of information is building at this time and is not to be thrown away.

Maybe some recently drafted personnel will magically flash in these next few weeks.
                      You don't know ball

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                        GM's/Scouting Dept's are typically not let go until right after the draft.

Same thing is gonna apply to Mayock.
                        ​​
                        The trove of information is building at this time and is not to be thrown away.

Maybe some recently drafted personnel will magically flash in these next few weeks.
                        This is just not true. GMs do get fired in January - hell AJ was fired in January and Telesco was hired in January

Scouts - thats another matter. But hell, if the Spanii had the onions to fire Telesco - they can fire the scouts and the new person can hire their own staff.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Ontario , Canada
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

This isn't a popular opinion, but Telesco & scouting department + Staley and coaching staff brought a ton of good players in this 2021 offseason:

1. Slater 2. Feiler 3. Aboushi 4. Samuel 5. Lindsey....plus some other decent free agent signings & tbd draft picks who show some promise.

Compare that with 2020, 2019, 2017 under Lynn /Telesco, & 2014, 2015, 2016 under McCoy/Telesco.... big difference.

I'd give Telesco /Staley one more year to see if they can continue building at the same rate.
                          I agree they did a better job in 2021. Our run D has been abysmal this year again so they failed so far in that area though.

I don't know how that the coaches decide much in the way of acquiring personnel moves at all. They cut players and I think they have input into identifying their scheme and team needs but all the personnel moves are a GM responsibility only.

IMO Telesco finally was forced to act as the team's record under him was actually regressing. He made a total shambles of the OL through poor drafting and FA moves so they had to go for a complete overhaul that wouldn't have been needed if he had done a better job year to year.

What is interesting is AJ was given 9 years and they probably held onto him and Norv for a couple of years too long. AJ had a record of 95-65 but was ~ .500 for his last 3 seasons.

Telesco has been here almost as long and has been sub .500 as a career average. Why is Telesco special?

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍