Telesco Needs To Be Relieved Of Duties..

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Technically it was a 2 year rebuild that failed with Cam at QB last year.
    Not really as the year before they didn't have the cap space to really take free agency hard. Belichick said as much. He said they pushed many years for Super Bowls and their record speaks for itself in terms of pushing the cap and getting to the Super Bowl, AFC Title games - about why they took a step back. So yes, they did have Cam at QB - but free agency wasn't anything that year. Hell, Cam's contract was the minimum with incentives

But that allowed them to level set their cap and this past March - they hit free agency hard. They did lose Thuney but signed 7 players. What actually helped the Patriots in 2020 was COVID. They had players opt out so they saved I think at least $15m of cap space from players opting out. Hell, they were still competitive and finished middle of the pack.

As for this coming offseason Chargers could be looking to do the same - or should be rather. I want to see Tom Telesco get a couple free agents in the primes of their careers. Linsley has been solid but he is even close to 30. Bulaga Joseph and Harris - were over 30.

Hoodie signed Jonnu Smith, Hunter HEnry and Judon - all prime year players. Telesco needs to do the same even if that means spending a bit more

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Not really as the year before they didn't have the cap space to really take free agency hard. Belichick said as much. He said they pushed many years for Super Bowls and their record speaks for itself in terms of pushing the cap and getting to the Super Bowl, AFC Title games - about why they took a step back. So yes, they did have Cam at QB - but free agency wasn't anything that year. Hell, Cam's contract was the minimum with incentives

But that allowed them to level set their cap and this past March - they hit free agency hard. They did lose Thuney but signed 7 players. What actually helped the Patriots in 2020 was COVID. They had players opt out so they saved I think at least $15m of cap space from players opting out. Hell, they were still competitive and finished middle of the pack.

As for this coming offseason Chargers could be looking to do the same - or should be rather. I want to see Tom Telesco get a couple free agents in the primes of their careers. Linsley has been solid but he is even close to 30. Bulaga Joseph and Harris - were over 30.

Hoodie signed Jonnu Smith, Hunter HEnry and Judon - all prime year players. Telesco needs to do the same even if that means spending a bit more
      Judon was one Edge target of mine but of course we went cheap with Fackrel. Belichick spent good money for Henry and Smith and they dont really get many targets. They certainly havent used them like Gronk and Hernandez were used. Henry had 2 catches last night and Smith had 1.
      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
      181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
      225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
        I think it is time for him to go at season's end. He has had a franchise QB every year and failed at putting a good O Line in front of him.
        Would like to know: How many GMs were given a tenth season being under 500 with only 2 playoff appearances?
        I am guessing very few if any.
        It's a given the new GM has to approve of Staley. Let the head coach have some influence on who the new GM will be.
        I say let Staley be the GM.
        He knows a football playing jessy when he sees one.
        I think he was a big influence in adding Hopkins and Roberts. And with comments by Staley like this ...."we all know what our record is with and without Derwin James"......I think he gets it all starts with the bad ass horses that are Chargers!
        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Judon was one Edge target of mine but of course we went cheap with Fackrel. Belichick spent good money for Henry and Smith and they dont really get many targets. They certainly havent used them like Gronk and Hernandez were used. Henry had 2 catches last night and Smith had 1.
          I will do a deeper dive on cap space in the offseason - hopefully late February -but I just looked up the cap hits for Judon, Henry and Jonnu. Henry is the most at 6.8; Judon at 6.4 and Smith at 5.6. So what is that - about $20m of cap space for this seas. And yes, those numbers will go up next year to $45m total. But again, you can always convert salary to bonus to create space.

So the Chargers will be able to be players in free agency for the bigger time salaries. No excuses next offseason-- until than - beat the Steelers

Comment

• Heatmiser
            HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
            I think it is time for him to go at season's end. He has had a franchise QB every year and failed at putting a good O Line in front of him.
            Would like to know: How many GMs were given a tenth season being under 500 with only 2 playoff appearances?
            I am guessing very few if any.
            It's a given the new GM has to approve of Staley. Let the head coach have some influence on who the new GM will be.
            That's a very valid point. Telesco inherited a very stable and highly functioning QB situation -- supposedly the toughest and most important position to fill and is well on his way to many years of the same or better situation once Herbert gets over these growing pains. But I think the Spanoses are thinking that the great AJ Smith couldn't deliver a superbowl with Rivers either. And Telesco did draft the new QB and hire the new coach everyone loves. I just don't see him getting fired unless Staley flames out and then they are both gone. We can talk about this all we want, but thems the cards.

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I will do a deeper dive on cap space in the offseason - hopefully late February -but I just looked up the cap hits for Judon, Henry and Jonnu. Henry is the most at 6.8; Judon at 6.4 and Smith at 5.6. So what is that - about $20m of cap space for this seas. And yes, those numbers will go up next year to $45m total. But again, you can always convert salary to bonus to create space.

So the Chargers will be able to be players in free agency for the bigger time salaries. No excuses next offseason-- until than - beat the Steelers
              Chargers #1 free agent target if Patriots don't franchise tag him should be J.C.Jackson-CB
              That should be the Chargers one big signing. I'd offer him 5y/75m 50m-guaranteed.

Coming into this season...per pff No cornerback in the league has been more productive on passes 20 or more yards downfield over last 3 seasons. Jackson has allowed just five of 48 targets at that depth to be completed, tallying 11 interceptions in the process.

I wouldn't resign Mike Williams. I don't like the expected ROI for him vs his injury history and occasional drop pass. I prefer spending that money on a defense impact player like Jackson.

And then get a veteran RT like Morgan Moses and/or draft a rookie OT early in draft, if K.Green-OT is on the board, pick him, he looks like a plug and play prospect than can compete for the spot on right side of O-line.

If they just get those two things done, Jackson and RT, they will be much better next season, IMO.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Chargers #1 free agent target if Patriots don't franchise tag him should be J.C.Jackson-CB
                That should be the Chargers one big signing. I'd offer him 5y/75m 50m-guaranteed.

Coming into this season...per pff No cornerback in the league has been more productive on passes 20 or more yards downfield over last 3 seasons. Jackson has allowed just five of 48 targets at that depth to be completed, tallying 11 interceptions in the process.

I wouldn't resign Mike Williams. I don't like the expected ROI for him vs his injury history and occasional drop pass. I prefer spending that money on a defense impact player like Jackson.

And then get a veteran RT like Morgan Moses and/or draft a rookie OT early in draft, if K.Green-OT is on the board, pick him, he looks like a plug and play prospect than can compete for the spot on right side of O-line.

If they just get those two things done, Jackson and RT, they will be much better next season, IMO.
                I like the name and I like the age - young!! I think Aboushi, Feiler and Linsley were good signing. But I think they need either an impact pass rusher or top flight CB from free agency.

As for Mike Williams - today, I would let the market play itself out and even at that point, it might be best to part ways.

Chargers have a lot of needs; IDL, Edge, CB, and RT. Shop wisely

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Interesting that i suggested offering him a contract last offseason and it would of cost us the tender they put on him. It was a second round tender and id have gave that for him if they didnt match the contract. If anything it forces them to pay him more on top of the other FAs they signed.
                  11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                  35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                  37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                  66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                  69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                  100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                  110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                  140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                  181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                  225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2020
                    • Oklahoma
                    • Send PM

Interesting that i suggested offering him a contract last offseason and it would of cost us the tender they put on him. It was a second round tender and id have gave that for him if they didnt match the contract. If anything it forces them to pay him more on top of the other FAs they signed.
                    Would love to sign him, my best guess is they traded Gilmore so they could wisley give numero uno corner money to Jackson and retain their other DBs

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Technically it was a 2 year rebuild that failed with Cam at QB last year.
                      Nah, 2020 was a write off year for the Pats. Some of their better players completely opted out for Covid. They started this season 2-4 and have now won 5 straight and right back in the thick of it. Judson and Henry are paying dividends as FA’s and it looks like they hit at QB so they’ll be around for as long as BB stays. Makes me sick but it is what it is. They lose Gilmore and don’t miss a beat. Adrian Phillips is also killing it for them

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Judon was a great sign. Henry doesn’t get many targets but makes the most of it. He’s got 7 TDs already and should easily eclipse his best season as a Charger in that category. We should have kept him a d Adrian Phillips. Stupid TT. Penny wise and pound foolish

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Judon was a great sign. Henry doesn’t get many targets but makes the most of it. He’s got 7 TDs already and should easily eclipse his best season as a Charger in that category. We should have kept him a d Adrian Phillips. Stupid TT. Penny wise and pound foolish
                          Phillips wasn't even that expensive for the value he brought to the team

I am just going to say it - Tom Telesco is not good at his job. Between time working as an intern to bottom level jobs to the Colts for many years and now his 9th year with the Chargers - that is close to 25 years in and around the NFL. He doesn't have it.

Comment

Working...
                          X