• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
    After watching Henry continue to drop catchable passes, I'm not sure we can't find someone more dependable( read: HEALTHIER) in the 3rd or 4th round net year.
    Watt,Schofield, Square, Phillips.....let the rest go.
    He dropped 2 passes which is very uncharacteristic of him - he has some of the best hands on the team. No way I let him walk and open yet another hole.

Comment

• OhioBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
      QB Philip Rivers -for the right price, short contract only...otherwise we have to cut ties.

RB Melvin Gordon - I love you Melvin, good luck wherever you end up

WR Travis Benjamin -See Ya Travis.

[B]G Michael Schofield[/B] - I don't see why not...he's probably been our most consistent lineman.

DT Damion Square - I like him, probably bring him back

[I]S Adrian Phillips[/I] - decent player, depends on the $$

TE Hunter Henry - Pay him

LB Nick Dzubnar - we can find another FA LBer to play ST

TE Lance Kendricks - we can find another/younger backup TE

WR Dontrelle Inman - probably not

WR Geremy Davis - probably not

S Jaylen Watkins - if he could stay healthy, but I don't think so

G Ryan Groy - non garunteed/practice squad type deal maybe?

DT Sylvester Williams - maybe

LB Jatavis Brown - I don't think so.

FB Derek Watt - absolutely, for the right price.

So I have 4 I would Probably bring back, and 3 possible.
      Our WR group is basically just Keenan Allen and Mike Williams, I am suprise they haven't brought him back this season so in 2020 are we going to have 3 to 4 new WR?

Schofield from a talent and performance is replaceable, but is only an asset on our team that is talent depleted on the O-line

Philips is all about $$ nice player for depth good special teams just you can't pay a lot to a back up.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

am not too much of a stat guy, other than def appreciate when other posters make the attempt to post them here, and.... suspect that one of the most alarming stats for this season is opposing QBs completion percentage, and.... was browsing the pro football reference advanced stats, and cannot help but wonder 'bout some of our pass defenders on the back seven ??

for one, peoples here are complaining/lamenting 'bout Brandon Facyson…. not (even close to) the most of our problems.

peoples are also penciling in Tranquill @MIKE going forward.... sorry, but his pass D is not (near) as good as Denzel's.... (@least not statistically), not to mention comparing their run D.

Teamer is expected to have his bumps 'n lumps his first year out of the gate, but what about the likes of DK and AP ?? Jaylen Watkins and Jatavis are not exactly holding court either.

if we don't bring back the either of AP nor Jatavis, am even more interested in the likes of Hamsah Nasirildeen in the draft....

ps. Rayshawn is an "elite" safety according to the(se) numbers, and.... Thomas Davis is holding it down coverage wise, again @least compared to his LBing peers.
        RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Kingcrimson
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
          After watching Henry continue to drop catchable passes, I'm not sure we can't find someone more dependable( read: HEALTHIER) in the 3rd or 4th round net year.
          Watt,Schofield, Square, Phillips.....let the rest go.
          Henry has one of the lowest drop percentage in the league. Also one of the better blocking TEs. The offense is better when he’s involved.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

He dropped 2 passes which is very uncharacteristic of him - he has some of the best hands on the team. No way I let him walk and open yet another hole.
            The one he dove for wasn't exactly a routine catch. Calling that one a drop? Had he caught it, it would of been a great catch.

Comment

• Caslon
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Send PM

It's funny how a player highly touted and drafted high just doesn't come to fruition with that team, either by performance or injuries. Then he gets traded, let go or gets picked up by another team and excels. A couple of players on this team about to be gone come to mind, like Perryman or Verrett. I'm not saying a big percentage explode somewhere else. In fact, few do. Case in point, the few who landed here and picked up their game big time. Were there any? Like I said, it rarely happens. The only one I can think of (recently) who left and succeeded is Josh Lambo. Who was let go and came here and "excelled"? Just wondering. It's probably a short list as TT is tight on FA acquisitions.
              Last edited by Caslon; 12-10-2019, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• jubei
                Vagabond Ninja
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                It's funny how a player highly touted and drafted high just doesn't come to fruition with that team, either by performance or injuries. Then he gets traded, let go or gets picked up by another team and excels. A couple of players on this team about to be gone come to mind, like Perryman or Verrett. I'm not saying a big percentage explode somewhere else. In fact, few do. Case in point, the few who landed here and picked up their game big time. Were there any? Like I said, it rarely happens. The only one I can think of (recently) who left and succeeded is Josh Lambo. Who was let go and came here and "excelled"? Just wondering. It's probably a short list as TT is tight on FA acquisitions.
                Casey Heyward.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                  Verrett has been gone lol. But same ol for him. Went on IR early.

Comment

• Sb4Rivers
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2019
                    • Send PM

Why would any of our best players want to resigned with this bad team and poor pay. The really good FA can take a pay cut on a great team.

think about it, they fired Whiz in Rivers last year. Only to leave it in Lynn’s Hands. Wonder if the team thinks Lynn got Whiz fired to kill Rivers last season.

Comment

• Classic
                      Hall Of Fame
                      • Dec 2014
                      • Send PM

Who comes back and who goes? Henry will be difficult to bring back because he'll get more on the market than we can offer. New England is already intrested in his services.

Comment

• Silversurfer
                        Silversurfer commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Originally posted by Classic View Post
                        Who comes back and who goes? Henry will be difficult to bring back because he'll get more on the market than we can offer. New England is already intrested in his services.
                        If they get HH I'll be pissed. Brady might as well stay in NE if that happens.
                    • richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
                      Henry has already said he loves it here and wants to resign here and hopes he gets a deal done.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Not our FAs but some we should be interested in.....
                        12 guards the Chargers could sign in free agency

Gavino Borquez
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

Working...
                        X