• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Hmmm, well Luck never had a college season like Burrow is having. Burrow has 48 TDs, only 6 INTs completing 78.3%. Luck never came close to that.
    Burrow has a game to go still and may reach 5000 yards passing. Luck never topped 4000.
    And yet everyone was salivating at Luck, proclaiming him the best QB in decades. You really comparing Burroughs to Luck? I’d love to have him fall to us, but not way I’d trade up to get him.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
      Broncos got Lock in the second round.

You just need to have an eye for talent, you don't need trade all your picks away.

Both Lock and burrow played for the same conference. Lock was great for Missouri .

burrow was just surrounded by a much better team.

But lock is every bit as good a passer as burrow.
      Yeah I'm going to disagree with that., I was never a real big fan of Lock, and he went where he should have.
      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
      105 Brenden Rice WR - USC
      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
      140 Hunter Nourzad OC - Penn st
      181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
      225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• DontEverGiveUp
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

You do mortgage future for the right QB, because without that QB, there is NO short term or mid term future......... with todays offensive oriented rules, a great QB can instantly turn around a team and start winning quickly...... Burrow IS that kind of once a decade or greater type of player.....
        When has that ever worked for anyone? What is the last team that went from bad to SB contender simply because they sold the farm for a franchise QB?

The QB position is often overvalued IMO. Teams have won rings with average QBs. No team has won a ring with a bad OL.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Someone needs to explain to my why exactly Burrows will go #1; and please don't use the following words: maturity, intangibles, leadership, decision making, work ethic, intelligence, winner.

Those adjectives describe Stick.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by DontEverGiveUp View Post

No team has won a ring with a bad OL.
            The 2008 Steelers did. That was when they had a great defense, and the league wasn't offense oriented yet. The Chargers have neither a good OL or a great defense.

I'd like Rivers to stay at least one more year. Good QBs don't grow on trees. Besides, Lynn should try to finish what he started. The Charger job appealed to him because he wanted to win a championship and felt Rivers gave him the chance to do it.

Comment

• Kingcrimson
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
              Someone needs to explain to my why exactly Burrows will go #1; and please don't use the following words: maturity, intangibles, leadership, decision making, work ethic, intelligence, winner.

To simply put it, the bengals need a QB.

And he is the current hype.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Well schucks, let's trade Stick to them for only a second round pick then.
                11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                105 Brenden Rice WR - USC
                110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                140 Hunter Nourzad OC - Penn st
                181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
                225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• MakoShark
                  Disgruntled
                  • Jun 2013
                  • North Alabama
                  • Send PM

IMO, Burrows is the clear cut overall #1. Been saying it all year, knew the kid would be a beast last year when I watched him. Yes, I do believe he is a lock, possibly the best QB ready talent out of college since Luck and a franchise guy worth investing in and building around. I will compare Burrows to Luck all day long.

BUT, that proposed trade is too much. You can't give up that many picks.
                  sigpic

Comment

• WindsorUK
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Windsor, U.K.
                    • Send PM

Lets forget the next Luck, who's the next Lamar Jackson or Deshaun Watson??????

Comment

• DontEverGiveUp
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

The 2008 Steelers did. That was when they had a great defense, and the league wasn't offense oriented yet. The Chargers have neither a good OL or a great defense.

I'd like Rivers to stay at least one more year. Good QBs don't grow on trees. Besides, Lynn should try to finish what he started. The Charger job appealed to him because he wanted to win a championship and felt Rivers gave him the chance to do it.
                      How bad was that OL? PFF rankings don't seem to go back that far. Were they average/below average or "worst in the NFL" bad?

The best OL the Bolts have had in the last decade ranked 23rd, and most years have been bottom 3. And that's what I was getting at...a bottom 3-5 OL will not win a SB.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                        Lets forget the next Luck, who's the next Lamar Jackson or Deshaun Watson??????
                        Closest to that is Hurts.

Comment

• BoltBacker
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Las Vegas, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                          IMO, Burrows is the clear cut overall #1. Been saying it all year, knew the kid would be a beast last year when I watched him. Yes, I do believe he is a lock, possibly the best QB ready talent out of college since Luck and a franchise guy worth investing in and building around. I will compare Burrows to Luck all day long.

BUT, that proposed trade is too much. You can't give up that many picks.
                          He was so dominant he was the second rated QB this year before the Tua injury. Tua was the consensus first pick before the injury.

Comment

Working...
                          X