• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

If Tua's not there at #6 then move down or draft BPA on need.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

There is no point in having any discussion about players/contracts/free agency/draft/Oline/Dline/winning football games if we don’t have a qb that can accurately throw downfield
      Rivers can still do this but is expensive and needs an elite Oline that isn’t realistic within his window therefore not a wise option and why I’m fine moving on
      the only other option is to secure said qb via draft
      burrow isn’t happening
      herbert is a debatable option
      tua is an injury risk we not only should take, but need to secure to have any chance at building something around bosa’s prime and that’s assuming we can convince him to sign
      To convince Bosa to stay, you promise to get a qb nd help at iDL and lots and lots of mula

Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
        There is no point in having any discussion about players/contracts/free agency/draft/Oline/Dline/winning football games if we don’t have a qb that can accurately throw downfield
        Rivers can still do this but is expensive and needs an elite Oline that isn’t realistic within his window therefore not a wise option and why I’m fine moving on
        the only other option is to secure said qb via draft
        burrow isn’t happening
        herbert is a debatable option
        tua is an injury risk we not only should take, but need to secure to have any chance at building something around bosa’s prime and that’s assuming we can convince him to sign
        To convince Bosa to stay, you promise to get a qb nd help at iDL and lots and lots of mula
        I don't agree Rivers needs an elite line, he needs an average line. His football IQ and quick release are possible reasons why TT has not spent huge on the oline as Rivers can mask a lot of issues. Clearly, that won't work with a rookie QB.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I don't agree Rivers needs an elite line, he needs an average line. His football IQ and quick release are possible reasons why TT has not spent huge on the oline as Rivers can mask a lot of issues. Clearly, that won't work with a rookie QB.
          You might be right but it’s still not a risk I’m looking forward to.
          How soon do you realistically see Telesco building an average Oline? Especially considering having to pay Rivers again.
          more importantly, how many seasons will that average Oline overlap with Rivers’ ability
          most optimistic estimation shouldn’t be more than 1, 2 years tops? Personally I think 0
          a rookie would have a new window.
          essentially my argument is that we can’t continue to both pay Rivers AND afford the team he needs around him.
          we had our shot.
          Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• PR#1
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Right. The 2018 oline was a good one but not elite.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

Right. The 2018 oline was a good one but not elite.
              and when Pouncey wore down, it went from good to scraping average.

Comment

Working...
              X