POLL: Classic Charger Choke: Who Is Most Responsible?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • foreigner
    Tom Telesco is gone
    • Sep 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

We should have scored a TD as time expired...wasted a TO...Two Minute Warning...smh.

The creativity of defeat never ends.

I blame HC...we have been very sloppy and disjointed.
    This, but then again you point at the talent as well, and then you point the finger at the owner..... This organization sucks from top to the bottom. The defense gave a very decent game yesterday.... against a rookie QB. Disgraceful. Lynn, Telesco and Spanos, they all have to go.

Comment

• Midwestbolt
      • Feb 2019
      • Midwest
      • Local 150 operating engineer.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      In the dojo they say pain makes you concentrate.

Charger Fans now have achey breakey hearts.

The takes are perceptive...cannot disagree.

Add it all up and my sense is that it is time to move on.

Time to move on.

I'd like to move on from:

Drive killing penalties.

An Oline that seems to know right when to fold to 4 man pressure.

Receivers who can't get separation

Stupid, trick plays with the backup QB that have failed miserably every. single. time.

Returners who muff kicks.

QB's who throw the ball to the other team.

Kickers who Trademark their nickname and miss the "money" kicks.

A coach who says he is committed to the run, but when faced with 3rd and short yardage in the red zone (or high red zone) - rarely loads up and runs.

A Defense who can play like hell, but when it's time for a game sealing stop, gives up a long drive for a score.

Running backs who hold out for Ezekiel/Gurley money - and take several weeks to get back in game shape while fumbling away a win.

Making Rookie QB's from the opposing team look like pro bowlers. Typically in their first start.
      Last edited by Midwestbolt; 12-02-2019, 09:03 AM.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
        Pretty much retired......
        • Sep 2018
        • JoJa
        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
        • Send PM

Lynn and Stitch look to be discussing/arguing plays with each other most of the second half. It looked all discombobulated to yours truly

Comment

• Biggestfan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

This loss as I stated in the game day thread was on the entire team. From coaches who appear to not have players prepared, to each phase of the game. Offense defense and special teams. Incidentally, Rivers after the game didnt seem disappointed as is the norm. So he was either faking it or likely doesn't care any more at this point and finally wants out of this dumpster fire. As bad as this guy has looked of late, if you put him on a team with a great defense and running game I think he may have a few years left. Peyton Manning had a jello arm in his last years but the organization put a top ranked defense on the field to get the guy a superbowl.
          Last edited by Biggestfan; 12-02-2019, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• foreigner
            Tom Telesco is gone
            • Sep 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Midwestbolt View Post

Time to move on.

I'd like to move on from:

Drive killing penalties.

An Oline that seems to know right when to fold to 4 man pressure.

Receivers who can't get separation

Stupid, trick plays with the backup QB that have failed miserably every. single. time.

Returners who muff kicks.

QB's who throw the ball to the other team.

Kickers who Trademark their nickname and miss the "money" kicks.

A coach who says he is committed to the run, but when faced with 3rd and short yardage in the red zone (or high red zone) - rarely loads up and runs.

A Defense who can play like hell, but when it's time for a game sealing stop, gives up a long drive for a score.

Running backs who hold out for Ezekiel/Gurley money - and take several weeks to get back in game shape while fumbling away a win.

Making Rookie QB's from the opposing team look like pro bowlers. Typically in their first start.
            A team that always make a rookie QB on his first start look like the next Joe Montana. ALWAYS. (Twice just this year, countless the years before).

Comment

• Biggestfan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

A team that always make a rookie QB on his first start look like the next Joe Montana. ALWAYS. (Twice just this year, countless the years before).
              That's on the defense. These guys do not come up big. They may do just enough in certain games, but overall I would not trust this defense with the game on the line. Unfortunately, cannot trust the offense either. I said it many years ago, Rivers will never win a superbowl unless he has a top ranked defense behind him. He never does unfortunately. Marino never did. Elway finally did once he had a great defense. Manning won his 2nd with a top ranked defense. Eli had great defenses. The year Brees won the Saints defense were not world beaters, however they had the number 1 scoring defense and a 6th ranked rushing offense to go with that.
              Last edited by Biggestfan; 12-02-2019, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• pacstud
                Black Belt Poster
                • Sep 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Midwestbolt View Post

[/B]
                Um, yesterday this formula backfired (spectacularly) as well. So -1 on that particular point.

The rest looked ok

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
                  was that really a beautiful throw? I see it more as Williams made ONE HELLIVA catch with one arm, the other arm being held down by the DB. I'll give it to him that he at least made a decent effort. that throw to Ekkie was a nice toss, though...the one he shoulda thrown last week.
                  Agree good throw giving Williams a chance to make an awesome one handed catch.......... but interesting that the DB was holding and interfering with Williams but no flags or even discussion about it but the refs have no problem making a bogus PI call that they know both decides a game and ends the Chargers season yet there was no review at all...... 40 seconds is not a review......especiallyt for a non existent call that was so important to the game and season, but instead refs let DEN line up and kick ball immediately to make sure there was no time for review......

And Blandino totally defended the bad call today saying that would be called PI all day long......bs..... Ive never seen PI called like that....... there are guys tackled on hail marry passes but no PI are called...... cause it would change the game.......

Yesterday the refs intentionally screed the Chargers like they have done many times over the years..... BUT I have always said if we had an aggressive HC, we would score so many points that we would ver up by multiple scores, so that one super bad call could not change the game.........or one fluke turnover or other error.........

The entire organization is at fault for Rivers not having the talent and coaches around him that would allow him to score 30+ points per game......

Comment

• Midwestbolt
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Midwest
                    • Local 150 operating engineer.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post

Um, yesterday this formula backfired (spectacularly) as well. So -1 on that particular point.

The rest looked ok
                    Heh. I only remember once. :P

I believe (my .02) that to actually be committed to the run, you have to run it on 3rd down once in awhile when there is 3-6 yds to gain. Not just 3rd and 1 or so. Especially when MG was like 5 yds a carry.

There were several opportunities to do this on the Donks side of the field. I think one or two within figgy range. Would it have mattered. ? Who knows.

Bring on the mocks.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                      Lynn and Stitch look to be discussing/arguing plays with each other most of the second half. It looked all discombobulated to yours truly
                      Lynn-lo and Stitch looked like the two stooges on the sideline, arguing over what play to call...wow, just...wow...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Lynn-lo and Stitch looked like the two stooges on the sideline, arguing over what play to call...wow, just...wow...
                        we have the tie breaker over Denver for lower draft pick. good. idgaf we lost, i would have been more bummed if we pulled out a shitty 3 point OT win and stagger to 7-9 and pick 15th.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

we have the tie breaker over Denver for lower draft pick. good. idgaf we lost, i would have been more bummed if we pulled out a shitty 3 point OT win and stagger to 7-9 and pick 15th.
                          U got that right, Dmac...tanks for the memories...

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍