• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • onthefence
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Fence, u hit the nail on the head. Even with a decent O-line, I just don't think it will help Rivers that much, especially in crunch time and/or vs. good teams and/or in a close game. Your comment that PR is "wound a little too tightly" manifests itself in the following ways: He allows himself to get too emotional in some cases and forces the rock into coverage for picks which lose us games; he gets hot under the collar and jaws at opposing players, which, I feel, affects his play in some cases; he gives up and turtles up on some plays instead of at LEAST making some attempt to scramble for a few yards. He holds onto the rock too long in many cases, looking for the long ball, and gets sacked, stripped, tipped or fumbles for crucial game-changing turnovers. And there are more examples...
    I knew most would disagree with me when I posted that the o-line is not as horrible as everyone makes out to be. I even stated it is not a very good line. My point is that to think it's as simple as fixing the o-line and PR will be right as rain is just a bit naive in my opinion. Again I will state that he has had good and great o-lines in front of him and yes terrible ones also. He's had a great regular season career here. Post season not so much. Just my opinion but i know the die hard's will tell me its not his fault he is 3-4 in the playoffs with 8 TD's and 9 INT's. They love to post his regular season stats but his PS numbers leave quite a lot to be desired. All those examples you point out are pretty dead on in my opinion. He has had his opportunity to LEAD this team to the promised land and there has ALWAYS been some excuse why it's NEVER EVER been his fault. Just my opinions.

Comment

• onthefence
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by DontEverGiveUp View Post

This OL ranked 31st last season, then lost its best 3 players to injury this season. GTFO with that nonsense.
      Didn't they go 12-4 with that horrible line last year? GTFO with that nonsense.

Comment

• PMR9FAN
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Fence, u hit the nail on the head. Even with a decent O-line, I just don't think it will help Rivers that much, especially in crunch time and/or vs. good teams and/or in a close game. Your comment that PR is "wound a little too tightly" manifests itself in the following ways: He allows himself to get too emotional in some cases and forces the rock into coverage for picks which lose us games; he gets hot under the collar and jaws at opposing players, which, I feel, affects his play in some cases; he gives up and turtles up on some plays instead of at LEAST making some attempt to scramble for a few yards. He holds onto the rock too long in many cases, looking for the long ball, and gets sacked, stripped, tipped or fumbles for crucial game-changing turnovers. And there are more examples...
        Anyone reading this post would think that Rivers is at best a mediocre QB. But we know that Rivers will be in the HOF. Ergo, you are wrong .

Comment

• FoutsFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Birmingham AL
          • Send PM

Originally posted by onthefence View Post

Didn't they go 12-4 with that horrible line last year? GTFO with that nonsense.
          No they didn't. Okung and Pouncy played well and played all last year. The line this year has played considerably better with Okung in the line up. This year we have played games with Pipkins at LT and Scott at RT and Quiz as Center so lets have at least a little honesty when comparing the lines from this year to last year.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by PMR9FAN View Post

Anyone reading this post would think that Rivers is at best a mediocre QB. But we know that Rivers will be in the HOF. Ergo, you are wrong .
            Rivers is a very talented quarterback who, unfortunately, can be horribly inconsistent.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
              French Speaking Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Québec city
              • Send PM

Dan Marino, Dan Fouts, Philip Rivers.
              The 3 most spectacular passers with no ring.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Whattya know 2 out of 3 are from our team.Lucky us.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                  Superbowl?
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Los Angeles/Chicago
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by onthefence View Post

I knew most would disagree with me when I posted that the o-line is not as horrible as everyone makes out to be. I even stated it is not a very good line. My point is that to think it's as simple as fixing the o-line and PR will be right as rain is just a bit naive in my opinion. Again I will state that he has had good and great o-lines in front of him and yes terrible ones also. He's had a great regular season career here. Post season not so much. Just my opinion but i know the die hard's will tell me its not his fault he is 3-4 in the playoffs with 8 TD's and 9 INT's. They love to post his regular season stats but his PS numbers leave quite a lot to be desired. All those examples you point out are pretty dead on in my opinion. He has had his opportunity to LEAD this team to the promised land and there has ALWAYS been some excuse why it's NEVER EVER been his fault. Just my opinions.
                  Here's an excuse, in 2006, 2007, 2018 Rivers could have gone to the SB but played an organization that seems to know what plays are coming before they happen. * * *

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                    Superbowl?
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Los Angeles/Chicago
                    • Send PM

Notice how everytime the Cheatriots have won a SB it was only by appx 3 points everytime? Imagine if they didn't do spygate and deflate balls and leaving the mic on in their helmets having their co-ordinators letting them know what plays were about to come? They'd be 0-9 if they even got there at all which is highly unlikely if they were indeed cheating/pushing the envelope.

Bolts hold on (more than likely blow them out if they didn't know our calls) against Pats in 2006 we would have hosted the Colts whom we owned at the time and then played the pathetic NFC reps of the Bears. Marty probably never fired.

2007 we lost to the 18-0 Pats without L.T. or Gates and Rivers on one leg and only down 14-12 in the second half, but would the Pats have won without all their advantages? Would they even of advanced past Jax? We'd of played Eli and would of loved to show Eli he chose the wrong organization.

2018 we outscored them 21-6 in the second half and in the first half they were all over us as if they knew what plays were about to happen.

Junior Seau even stated back in 07 Bellycheat told him the play was coming to his side, how would Bellycheat have known that?

Rivers could justly have 3 rings right now, more than Eli or Ben or even Brady had the league done their due dilligence after 2001/2002 Pats being accused of taping Rams walk through.

(Fouts could of had one if the Oilers didn't cheat and have our play signals as well, maybe he wouldn't hate on Rivers so much for breaking all of his records if he had a ring).

We have been the victims of cheaters and that flat out just isn't fair.

Fool me once ... fool me twice ... yet somehow the Pats keep getting accused and caught.

The NFL should have a policy for them saying you've had your last warning. One more instance and your franchise is sold and everyone employed in management is let go and banned and all players are free agents.

How in the world could the Pats of let this most recent scandal happen? Their advance scout and filming crew video taped 16 straight minutes of nothing but their next weeks opponents sideline?! The Bengals are furious and I don't blame them. Pats can't afford another loss for playoff positioning especially with the Bills on their tail. Bengals have new coaches to where the Pats don't know their tendencies yet and 15-20 minutes of film can help. Dalton is back, you never know.

They should have a zero tolerance not only from the NFL but also from their own organization.

Their guy used the same old excuse and then even begged to let him please erase it? This is insane.

The world would be so more just with Rivers having 1 to 2 to 3 rings right now and our own fans wouldn't be so hard on him when he has one or two bad games.
                    Last edited by ChargingBolts; 12-13-2019, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Rivers is a very talented quarterback who, unfortunately, can be horribly inconsistent.
                      Your post makes it sound like there is no explanation for how Rivers plays. When protected properly, Rivers plays very well as a rule. Every QB will have some games that are not as good as others, though. But even with bad OLs throughout his career, Rivers has played well enough to be a top 10 all time QB in passer rating, which is a qualitative stat, not a quantitative one.

With crappy OL play like this year, Rivers has been more inconsistent. That is directly attributable to the OL. Any changes in Rivers are causally linked to the poor OL play. Just look at Rivers' game ratings versus Okung's overlapping snaps with Rivers since his return. Basically, every time Okung has played every snap that Rivers has, Rivers has posted an individual game passer rating over 100. When he has not, Rivers has had individual game passer ratings under 100 every time with the ratings and the percentage of Okung's snaps played going hand in hand.

Bring back Rivers with an improved OL and Rivers will likely post a QB rating for 2020 over 100. A good #3 WR that can stretch the field (replacement for Tyrell Williams) would be useful too.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
                        Notice how everytime the Cheatriots have won a SB it was only by appx 3 points everytime? Imagine if they didn't do spygate and deflate balls and leaving the mic on in their helmets having their co-ordinators letting them know what plays were about to come? They'd be 0-9 if they even got there at all which is highly unlikely if they were indeed cheating/pushing the envelope.

Bolts hold on (more than likely blow them out if they didn't know our calls) against Pats in 2006 we would have hosted the Colts whom we owned at the time and then played the pathetic NFC reps of the Bears. Marty probably never fired.

2007 we lost to the 18-0 Pats without L.T. or Gates and Rivers on one leg and only down 14-12 in the second half, but would the Pats have won without all their advantages? Would they even of advanced past Jax? We'd of played Eli and would of loved to show Eli he chose the wrong organization.

2018 we outscored them 21-6 in the second half and in the first half they were all over us as if they knew what plays were about to happen.

Junior Seau even stated back in 07 Bellycheat told him the play was coming to his side, how would Bellycheat have known that?

Rivers could justly have 3 rings right now, more than Eli or Ben or even Brady had the league done their due dilligence after 2001/2002 Pats being accused of taping Rams walk through.

(Fouts could of had one if the Oilers didn't cheat and have our play signals as well, maybe he wouldn't hate on Rivers so much for breaking all of his records if he had a ring).

We have been the victims of cheaters and that flat out just isn't fair.

Fool me once ... fool me twice ... yet somehow the Pats keep getting accused and caught.

The NFL should have a policy for them saying you've had your last warning. One more instance and your franchise is sold and everyone employed in management is let go and banned and all players are free agents.

How in the world could the Pats of let this most recent scandal happen? Their advance scout and filming crew video taped 16 straight minutes of nothing but their next weeks opponents sideline?! The Bengals are furious and I don't blame them. Pats can't afford another loss for playoff positioning especially with the Bills on their tail. Bengals have new coaches to where the Pats don't know their tendencies yet and 15-20 minutes of film can help. Dalton is back, you never know.

They should have a zero tolerance not only from the NFL but also from their own organization.

Their guy used the same old excuse and then even begged to let him please erase it? This is insane.

The world would be so more just with Rivers having 1 to 2 to 3 rings right now and our own fans wouldn't be so hard on him when he has one or two bad games.
                        With surveillance gear so advanced and virtually non-detectable nowadays, both video and audio, it makes you wonder how many times the Cheatriots have NOT been caught...

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                          Superbowl?
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Los Angeles/Chicago
                          • Send PM

With surveillance gear so advanced and virtually non-detectable nowadays, both video and audio, it makes you wonder how many times the Cheatriots have NOT been caught...
                          Someone on tv said Bellycheat could just have someone go to the game in a Browns jersey and tape the Bengals sideline with their smartphone the entire game.

That wouldn't surprise me either.

I still have my SpidySense tingling from seeing the Cheatriots jumping all over our 1st half plays last year before halftime adjustments were made.

All of a sudden the Pats 1st half D becomes the 85 Bears D 2000 Ravens D?

2018 playoffs, they strangled us in the first half, they strangled the Chiefs in the first half and they strangled the Rams in the first half, seems awfully fishy to me.

What could of been, sigh.

If I had the resources I'd go do this for my beloved Bolts everyweek, ie, week 1 have my buddy go to the Raiders at Denver game and wear (throw up in my mouth) a Broncos jersey and film the Raiders sideline, study the film at home and then go to the Chargers at Raiders game the following week and sit in the front row on the Chargers sideline and yell out super loud what play is about to happen to where they'd start to listen to me! We could dominate every week!
                          Last edited by ChargingBolts; 12-13-2019, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X