• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PR#1
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Oh great. Charger fans making fun of Rivers running like a wounded baby giraffe.

what's next ? Making fun of his 11 kids ?

Comment

• PMR9FAN
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Protect17 View Post
      Philip needs a new start on a new team his time here has to end NOW .The LA Chargers need a new story
      Chargers will suck until they find a welcoming home. Success in 16 straight road games is unsustainable.

Comment

• Caslon
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Send PM

The two or three years it will take to build an O-line worthy of the current Rivers, he'll need a wheelchair when he needs to escape the pocket for more time. This last Vikings game is an example. Rivers slow back peddles to avoid the sack rush and looks absolutely sloth like moving laterally to get free and get a pass off. It was as if he was moving in slow motion. How is beefing up the O-line with talent going to improve the slowest QB in the league who was never able to scramble and is now even older and slower?
        Last edited by Caslon; 12-26-2019, 12:27 AM.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by PMR9FAN View Post

You must not have watched Rodgers and Cousins do their giraffe impersonations last night. Lamar will come down to earth soon or get hurt.

There always be room in this league for the classic drop-back passer. Accurate. Smart. Leader.
          both of those guys would lap Phil twice in one lap around the field. I agree a QB must be a passer first, runner second. But 2 dimensions are also twice as many as 1.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

No one is saying it's not nice to get a guy who can run, but the vast majority of college QB who are runners are runners first and passing is a distant second.

Rivers actually has decent mobility, believe it or not. If he has a chance to get slide or step up, he is actually quite good. Rivers is never going to get yardage scrambling, but he can buy time in the pocket if given a chance. The problem has been the jailbreak is on this season, and he has no where to go much of the time, or he is focused on getting rid of the ball, and letting the rush get to him. Lamar Jackson would be horrible behind our line, what with the quick penetration and the total collapse of the pocket..

Comment

• PR#1
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              No one is saying it's not nice to get a guy who can run, but the vast majority of college QB who are runners are runners first and passing is a distant second.

Rivers actually has decent mobility, believe it or not. If he has a chance to get slide or step up, he is actually quite good. Rivers is never going to get yardage scrambling, but he can buy time in the pocket if given a chance. The problem has been the jailbreak is on this season, and he has no where to go much of the time, or he is focused on getting rid of the ball, and letting the rush get to him. Lamar Jackson would be horrible behind our line, what with the quick penetration and the total collapse of the pocket..
              Right. He has no pocket to step into since its collapsing all around him. The center and guards are getting manhandled and pushed back.

Comment

• PMR9FAN
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

both of those guys would lap Phil twice in one lap around the field. I agree a QB must be a passer first, runner second. But 2 dimensions are also twice as many as 1.
                8 sacks on Monday night. Their legs did not buy them much.

Comment

• jubei
                  Vagabond Ninja
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

pr doesnt get sacked as much because he'd rather throw the ball away than take a sack. that's why other more mobile QBs get sacked more than pr...they think they can escape and buy more time. the stat I'm interested in is on these mobile QBs...how many times do they escape the pocket and get positive yards versus pr just throwing it away to avoid a sack? or how many times do the mobile QBs escape and get positive yards versus pr throwing it up for grabs? we all know a lot of mobile QBs get sacked more than pr but how does it compare to the yards they lose versus the yards they gain from running for yards? I'm sure Russell Wilson, a great passer AND a great runner, gets sacked more often than rivers. who here would NOT take wilson over rivers? I SURE AS HELL wouldnt be the one to take rivers over wilson.

and the jab at rivers looking like a wounded giraffe has been around a while now...not just this year when he's sucked more. if you look at him run he looks like one, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Comment

• assman3000
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

If Rivers can't get it done what makes you think 1 new stud qb is gonna come along and change the dynamic of this team And organization?

Is the stud qb going to draft protection for himself?

Is the stud qb going to take over GM duties, HC/ OC/DC duties also? Is this stud qb going to fill the stadium come 9months?

Is this stud qb going to right the wrongs that the ownership has committed and get thousands of fans to put faith back into the spanos clowns?

Rivers is the catalyst holding this team together. Once he goes, it's all over. All other stud players on the team will want to play for better organisations.

.. and from the headline I just saw on ESPN.. regarding his contract... It's all fucking over. ( Hope it's fake news)

As stated when the chargers left SD, I'll be a charger fan till Rivers is gone then I'll support my home team where ever that may be next year.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by assman3000 View Post
                      If Rivers can't get it done what makes you think 1 new stud qb is gonna come along and change the dynamic of this team And organization?

Is the stud qb going to draft protection for himself?

Is the stud qb going to take over GM duties, HC/ OC/DC duties also? Is this stud qb going to fill the stadium come 9months?

Is this stud qb going to right the wrongs that the ownership has committed and get thousands of fans to put faith back into the spanos clowns?

Rivers is the catalyst holding this team together. Once he goes, it's all over. All other stud players on the team will want to play for better organisations.

.. and from the headline I just saw on ESPN.. regarding his contract... It's all fucking over. ( Hope it's fake news)

As stated when the chargers left SD, I'll be a charger fan till Rivers is gone then I'll support my home team where ever that may be next year.

Well my home team next year will be the Raiders. That just isnt happening!
                      IF it EVER does it ill be a long process of them being here and Spanos just driving me away from them or the Chargers moving to another state. If San Diego ever got another NFL team ...expansion preferably like the Fleet of the AAFL, id be a fan. But dont see SD ever getting another NFL team with the incompetant City they have.
                      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                      181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                      225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

If Rivers was my only reason for being a charger fan, i probably wouldn't be a charger fan today.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• northerner
                          Charger fan since '79
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

i would still go all-in on making a decent o-line before i got rid of rivers. we have no run game because there are no holes. constant pressure has made Rivers jittery. no o-line = no success.

i like Rivers, but i know there is a point to move on. however, i see the o-line as the real disaster at this time. Philip "delay of game" Rivers frustrates the hell out of me in the 2 minutes offense, but i still see him as an above average QB.

look over in Dallas, Zak can run a bit, but he misses open guys and it kills everything - completely.

Comment

Working...
                          X