• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
    Our D was ranked top 10....again. We are missing a few key positions and injuries certainly hampered us there. Gus im good with keeping. Things to address yes but Gus has done a pretty solid job imo. Need better lb and a stud inside presence.

OL imo is what killed our season and lead Rivers to rushing throws. Cant run block yet again or protect....every DC knows our OL crumbles under a blitz when we need them the most. Inconsistent and devoid of talent despite drafting there.....OL coach is an issue that needs addressing. Fix that line and the offense performance goes back to top 5. Free agency is a must for a tackle with Okung a ?.
    Our D may be ranked in top 10, but it seems that in crunch time, Bradley's "prevent D" and "picket fence" just gives up gobs of yards and we lose, time after time. It's like a QB who puts up glitzy stats, but melts down in crunch time...

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Our D may be ranked in top 10, but it seems that in crunch time, Bradley's "prevent D" and "picket fence" just gives up gobs of yards and we lose, time after time. It's like a QB who puts up glitzy stats, but melts down in crunch time...

Why does THIS sound far too familiar?

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Both the Titans and Texans ran the picket fence defense multiple times yesterday on 3rd and long situations.

Comment

• DontEverGiveUp
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

Our D was NOT good.

They were average or slightly below average by definition.

17th in yards per drive. 18th in points per drive.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Brock Bowers N.M.W.
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Originally posted by DontEverGiveUp View Post
            Our D was NOT good.

They were average or slightly below average by definition.

17th in yards per drive. 18th in points per drive.
            You can change the specific stat category, and watch the Chargers move up and down the board...but in the end, the defense is way closer, and probably just fine, compared to the O.
            I pair a lot of the offenses in the playoffs this year with this defense? I think you have a team running deep into the playoffs...but you pair our offense with ANY defense in this years playoffs...that team wouldn't have gone anywhere...just an eye check, or gut feeling...call it whatever you want. It was the offensive shortcomings that where this teams doom this year.
            The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

You can change the specific stat category, and watch the Chargers move up and down the board...but in the end, the defense is way closer, and probably just fine, compared to the O.
              I pair a lot of the offenses in the playoffs this year with this defense? I think you have a team running deep into the playoffs...but you pair our offense with ANY defense in this years playoffs...that team wouldn't have gone anywhere...just an eye check, or gut feeling...call it whatever you want. It was the offensive shortcomings that where this teams doom this year.
              This.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Agree the Offense was worse but the D was not all that good either.We are trending down.Still think after injuries it is a coaching problem

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Releasing Mebane & T.Davis creates 4.25m & 5.25m they can use to help the D where they are weakest, then I think they will be good.

I agree about our O.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Gwynning_Spirit View Post

Releasing Mebane & T.Davis creates 4.25m & 5.25m they can use to help the D where they are weakest, then I think they will be good.

I agree about our O.
                    Not much out there to help our D, I don't think...older guys, guys who don't have any incentive to change their colors if their given reasonable offers...but I guess we will have to wait and see...might be facing the same with offensive help. Scherff nicked up, Conklin probably want to stay in Tenn...someone(Ninja) mentioned Glasgow from the Lions...

Wish FA could hurry up and get here, so I can figure out my friggin' board already...
                    The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Both the Titans and Texans ran the picket fence defense multiple times yesterday on 3rd and long situations.
                        I still stand by my earlier statement that Bradley's D gives up gobs of yardage in key situations, especially in crunch time at the end of games...

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

I still stand by my earlier statement that Bradley's D gives up gobs of yardage in key situations, especially in crunch time at the end of games...
                          I am not disputing that, merely that people here keep screaming about the picket fence defense (including me) but lots of teams run it.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍