Clear All
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

IDL? We brought in a FA and two years in a row we used high draft picks for the idl... Let's see how they can do this year. I do think we could use another LB though. As for a corner, we always can use another corner but I think we are pretty well off at corner right now. We have 5 decent CB's.
    Not at outside CB. We really only have 1 of those, and we play two in virtually every defensive set. We do have two of the best slot CB in football, but unless Davis steps his game up, there is still a weak spot.

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Not at outside CB. We really only have 1 of those, and we play two in virtually every defensive set. We do have two of the best slot CB in football, but unless Davis steps his game up, there is still a weak spot.
      Steve, I'm counting on Davis. I think he improved a lot last season.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

He is a young ascending player that is in a pivotal year for his development and career future.

Our CB group has most of the contracts that end or have minor $ cap hits as outs after this season. I see CB as a valued targeted draft position but weather that is day 2 or day 3 will be drama to unfold in a few days.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

I need to see more Qberry before using a top pick on a C. We have other needs to fill too.

WR or C at 2 or 3, I’m going WR.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
            I need to see more Qberry before using a top pick on a C. We have other needs to fill too.

WR or C at 2 or 3, I’m going WR.
            thinkin' the opposite.... have seen enough of the Q to surmise he's a solid backup (which is more than eye surmised outta the draft), and would love it if somehow Cesar Ruiz landed @37, as outside of Lamb, am not in love w/too many if any of the day two wideouts ??
            RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Name the 5th because I am not getting the same count. I think there is a chance that Davis may step up.

Harris and King at slot
              Hayward and Davis outside

#5?????? the guys on the rosters are Facyson, Quenton Meeks and Tevaughn Campbell. Facyson and Meeks are both interesting, big CB types who have played some, but both have been kicking around for several years and have not stood out. Everything I know nothing about Tevaughn Campbell is here (https://www.ganggreennation.com/2019...aughn-campbell).

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Name the 5th because I am not getting the same count. I think there is a chance that Davis may step up.

Harris and King at slot
                Hayward and Davis outside

#5?????? the guys on the rosters are Facyson, Quenton Meeks and Tevaughn Campbell. Facyson and Meeks are both interesting, big CB types who have played some, but both have been kicking around for several years and have not stood out. Everything I know nothing about Tevaughn Campbell is here (https://www.ganggreennation.com/2019...aughn-campbell).
                I had Facyson in mind. I thought he was real bad the first couple of games he played in but improved with playing time so I hold out hope for him.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

IDL? We brought in a FA and two years in a row we used high draft picks for the idl... Let's see how they can do this year. I do think we could use another LB though. As for a corner, we always can use another corner but I think we are pretty well off at corner right now. We have 5 decent CB's.
                  Yes, we need IDL help. Tillery didn't exactly impress last season...

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yes, we need IDL help. Tillery didn't exactly impress last season...
                    So we should get rid of him and move on?

If we add another DT, it means someone has to go, and that means either Tillery or Jones at this point.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

So we should get rid of him and move on?

If we add another DT, it means someone has to go, and that means either Tillery or Jones at this point.
                      Nobody suggested cutting Tillery. Hopefully he improves this season. However, last I looked there's more than Tillery and Jones on the roster at DT. I say we draft another DT, maybe mid or late rounds, and let's see who comes out on top, both in pass rushing AND run-stuffing. Maybe the odd man out is P.I Johnson, maybe even Broughton:

image.png

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I had Facyson in mind. I thought he was real bad the first couple of games he played in but improved with playing time so I hold out hope for him.
                        We signed him as a UDFA in 2018, so he’s hardly played at all just as emergency backup really. I could see him and a mid round rookie fighting for that last spot.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

We signed him as a UDFA in 2018, so he’s hardly played at all just as emergency backup really. I could see him and a mid round rookie fighting for that last spot.
                          I'd like us to look for an outside corner in rounds 2-3...big PON, and Hayward isn't exactly a spring chicken...need quality depth...

Comment

Working...
                          X