• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
    Why Detroit Lions OC Anthony Lynn doesn’t consider losing play-calling duties a demotion

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...ng/8667574002/

'Just because I am no longer calling plays, or invited to offensive meetings, and they've moved my desk to the parking lot, and I'm
    no longer receiving a paycheck from the organization, I still think you guys are reading this situation all wrong, said Lynn.'
    Very entertaining there, Ghost. But the truth is bad enough:

Why Detroit Lions OC Anthony Lynn doesn't consider losing play-calling duties a demotion

Despite losing the primary responsibility usually attached to his position, Detroit Lions offensive coordinator Anthony Lynn said Thursday he did not consider surrendering play-calling duties to coach Dan Campbell in Pittsburgh a demotion.

"I wouldn't say that. I don™t know, I don™t see it as a demotion,"Lynn said.I've been in Dan™s shoes, and if I was 0-8 and I need to spark my team, then as an offensive guy, I probably would've done the same thing, to be honest with you, and I have. I would be a hypocrite if I didn™t agree with what he did.

Campbell said his main motivation for taking over play-calling was to communicate directly with quarterback Jared Goff. Only one coach can speak to the quarterback via radio headset.

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Very entertaining there, Ghost. But the truth is bad enough:

Why Detroit Lions OC Anthony Lynn doesn't consider losing play-calling duties a demotion

Despite losing the primary responsibility usually attached to his position, Detroit Lions offensive coordinator Anthony Lynn said Thursday he did not consider surrendering play-calling duties to coach Dan Campbell in PittsburghCampbell said his main motivation for taking over play-calling was to communicate directly with quarterback Jared Goff. Only one coach can speak to the quarterback via radio headset.
      He's a non play caller for a Reason!

:coffee:
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

He's a non play caller for a Reason!

:coffee:
        Good one, Gzubie! For the life of me, I still can't fathom why the Lions even hired Lynn in the first place...he was the laughingstock of the league after all those game day bonehead blunders...

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Good one, Gzubie! For the life of me, I still can't fathom why the Lions even hired Lynn in the first place...he was the laughingstock of the league after all those game day bonehead blunders...
          Steichen was the guy calling our plays, not Lynn though Lynn has his run agenda. Steichen called for a run on a third down once when everyone knew it should of been a pass and Lynn looked at him and motioned pass with his arm.
          And people here are clamoring to have Steichen back lol.
          Never happy.

How about that play around the one yard line when Herbert had the ball snapped and he tried a QB sneak and the entire OL was in pass protection. Don't know what happened there but pathetic.

Comment

• JupiterBolt
            ~ Charger Fan ~
            • Sep 2018
            • Jupiter, FL
            • Send PM

I never thought Lynn was an X and O’s guy.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Who else were the Lions going to get? The Lions offer the least attractive situation for a coach or an OC. The top talent is going to pass.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

I'll never let him get away for that statement on Herbert. You will always see me from time to time twist his words right back on him!

:shifty:
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2020
                  • Oklahoma
                  • Send PM

The Lions are still a dumpster fire. I am already thinking about Penei Sewell as possible FA priority one March 2026 to play right tackle depending on the Chargers RT status.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Joe Reed had surgery and is on IR. Not sure if or when he will return. Would still like to see him used like Debo Samuel.
                    Id like to see him used like Tbilly
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
                      The Lions are still a dumpster fire. I am already thinking about Penei Sewell as possible FA priority one March 2026 to play right tackle depending on the Chargers RT status.
                      Good Lord, I hope they fix that RT spot long before 2026.!!
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Good Lord, I hope they fix that RT spot long before 2026.!!
                        Me too,..... 2022 would work for me. Sewell will cost too much anyways to play RT.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Who else were the Lions going to get? The Lions offer the least attractive situation for a coach or an OC. The top talent is going to pass.
                          Yep...getting talented coaching help for the Lions is like the Titanic sending out job announcements...AFTER it hit the iceberg...

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍