• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Wow, they have a bunch of RBs. They have Duke Johnson and Gerrid Doaks on their PS. All of them 7th round and UDFAs...except for Duke. Mystery why he isnt on the active roster.
    Because fans tend to massively overvalue certain players that front offices don't (see Tyron Johnson), thinking they are somehow an upgrade over what is already on the roster. It works in reverse too - I scratch my head at why a few players are actually on the roster.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
      https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/broncos-dan-quinn-head-coach-russell-wilson. ‍☠️

The prevailing wisdom in Bronco Country is they are going to blow Vic Fangio out after three seasons.

IF that is true, let's move on that short-sighted error and hire Vic Fangio as the Chargers D.C. for the 2022 season and reassign Renaldo Hill. Fangio and Staley helped create the 2018 Chicago Bears.

Get Stats, Coaching Records, Team Ranks, Coordinators, and more for Vic Fangio on Pro-football-reference.com.

Vic has created Top 3 defenses, five times, in the three different decades.
      I don't like the defense under Renaldo Hill. If the D keeps being bad at the things they're struggling with, then I don't mind relieving him.

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

I don't like the defense under Renaldo Hill. If the D keeps being bad at the things they're struggling with, then I don't mind relieving him.
        Given that we have a newborn head coach having an experienced DC and proven commodity will only lighten the load for Staley. Pay the man top dollar for dc position as we rarely go any place into playoffs without really good coaches. Last two DC's we had were Wade Phillips and Ron Rivera. Defense has been pretty crap since then.

:2cents:
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Heatmiser
          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Fangio, if fired, will go to the Chiefs to try to fix their defense. I think it would be a difficult dynamic to have Fangio suddenly report to Staley. And Fangio is stubborn and would likely fight with Staley on changes he wants to make to the Fangio defense. And also, I think a team that gives up on a coordinator after one year (Hill) even one who is coordinator junior to the head coach who calls the defense, has a hard time attracting top coaches.

I do think Ed Donnatell comes here if Fangio gets canned. THey’ll find some kind of job for him.

If anyone gets fired, it should be Swinton. He was my favorite coordinator in the off season. So impressive. Now, to me, he is just all talk. The special teams still suck.

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            Fangio, if fired, will go to the Chiefs to try to fix their defense. I think it would be a difficult dynamic to have Fangio suddenly report to Staley. And Fangio is stubborn and would likely fight with Staley on changes he wants to make to the Fangio defense. And also, I think a team that gives up on a coordinator after one year (Hill) even one who is coordinator junior to the head coach who calls the defense, has a hard time attracting top coaches.

I do think Ed Donnatell comes here if Fangio gets canned. THey’ll find some kind of job for him.

If anyone gets fired, it should be Swinton. He was my favorite coordinator in the off season. So impressive. Now, to me, he is just all talk. The special teams still suck.

TG
            You haven’t been paying attention to the Chiefs. Their defense is the reason they are winning again and they have spagnuolo who is a very good defensive coordinator. They finally woke up and moved Chris Jones back inside where he belongs

Comment

• Heatmiser
              HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Oh, I have. The last four games the defense has been very good. But over his tenure, the CHiefs under Spags have been up and down and mostly down. It will happen again before the season is over and it will cost them. Playing Jones at end was sheer folly. Ironically, Ingram being a Chief allowed them to move him back where he belongs and you are right, he looked like his old self.

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

TG
                Giving up? I didn't say take Renaldo out to the parking lot and shoot him. You can still make RH an assistant head coach and OLB coach and co-defensive coordinator. I don't buy the fanciful notion that should Vic Fangio come, he'd be obstinate in his duties, Staley and Fangio truly respect each other.

Special teams is tracking for Year One, it is about acquiring talent for special teams. I think the ST coach is now in place, they landed DHop as KR, and now they need better S.T. players, gunners and lineman, in the 2022 draft. Pretty sure I'm Vic biggest fan here, but IMO, his old GM fucked him with blowing the Drew Lock pick and they are scrambling to manufacture production at the position.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

https://www.giants.com/news/daniel-j...saquon-barkley

Daniel Jones: I feel responsible for our lack of production as an offense

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

3:43 - Brandon Staley fields a question about Vic Fangio. His answer is illuminating.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

11:12 Brandon tells his junior college story of studying Vic Fangio while Fangio was at Stanford.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2020
                        • Oklahoma
                        • Send PM

Of course I want RT fixed this off season, Sewell may want to come to LA to be with Herbie and being a native of Saint George, Utah.

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

Note about Sewell - the Lions started him as their ROT in the first couple of games and he didn't do well. Then they moved him to LOT (where he played at OR.) and he's been good there. Not all OT's can play either side and it appears Sewell is better suited for the left side.
                          Last edited by chargeroo; 11-25-2021, 08:49 AM. Reason: ​​​​​​​I should say that I read that, I haven't seen even one Lions game this year.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X