• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Dak Prescott yesterday, Donald Parham on Sunday.

The man looking like he was curating a Benny Hill retrospective at the Kentucky Derby, lost.

Comment

• QSmokey
      Guardedly Optimistic
      • Jun 2013
      • Kuna, Idaho
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

#Bills
      He new it was torn when it happened. Was crying as they took him into the locker room. Really tough loss for the Bills.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Dak Prescott yesterday, Donald Parham on Sunday.

The man looking like he was curating a Benny Hill retrospective at the Kentucky Derby, lost.
        Parham seems like he's a real class act. Glad to see a guy like him succeed in the NFL and glad he's on our team and I get to cheer him on. I do think the Chargers have a good locker room, the roster is primarily well-grounded, head-on-straight professionals with no stand-out divas. This is one reason I was opposed to going after Odiva Beckham.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Nothing wrong with men crying.
          Generalizations avoid the specific. There is something wrong with a head coach breaking down and sobbing because he lost the 5th game of the season. its a fucking game and they are pros. Stable adult men don’t cry after every loss.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Generalizations avoid the specific. There is something wrong with a head coach breaking down and sobbing because he lost the 5th game of the season. its a fucking game and they are pros. Stable adult men don’t cry after every loss.
            Has he cried after every loss? I only know of that one instance. My recollection is that he was emotional for his players, because he felt his players were playing their hearts out but not getting results and it was taking a toll on them. He cares deeply for his players. Whether this is the hallmark of a good coach is open to debate. But it certainly does not reflect poorly on his manhood, to show emotion in form of crying because he cares about the men he leads.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Has he cried after every loss? I only know of that one instance. My recollection is that he was emotional for his players, because he felt his players were playing their hearts out but not getting results and it was taking a toll on them. He cares deeply for his players. Whether this is the hallmark of a good coach is open to debate. But it certainly does not reflect poorly on his manhood, to show emotion in form of crying because he cares about the men he leads.
              I disagree. It illustrated his complete lack of strength as a leader and ability to deliver positive team improvement in a difficult situation. Their record since illustrates my take. He sucks as a leader, he is a crying big baby loser. They will win or tie another game eventually due to random “any given Sunday’s” principle, but he is a loser and gone within 2 yrs if not just 1.

I fully agree that a man crying is perfectly ok but that is when a situation is cry-worthy. I cried when at age 24 my mom had a seizure, went into a coma effectively brain dead, and I had to decide to not continue life support after a couple weeks. That’s crying shit. Not a goddamn sports game. If a man cries because he dropped his ice cream cone, he’s a baby. If a man cries because his new shoe got a stain on it, he’s a baby. If he cries because he lost a sports game, he’s a baby. There is shit that a grown man does not cry over if he wants to be a leader, period. That is my position, I’ll stand by it regardless of modern metro-sensitive bullshit in today’s culture.

Get him a diaper, he’s a big ol’ loser baby. He knows how big-baby he revealed himself to be, so now he waits to get home so he can sob in his closet alone.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

I disagree. It illustrated his complete lack of strength as a leader and ability to deliver positive team improvement in a difficult situation. Their record since illustrates my take. He sucks as a leader, he is a crying big baby loser. They will win or tie another game eventually due to random “any given Sunday’s” principle, but he is a loser and gone within 2 yrs if not just 1.

I fully agree that a man crying is perfectly ok but that is when a situation is cry-worthy. I cried when at age 24 my mom had a seizure, went into a coma effectively brain dead, and I had to decide to not continue life support after a couple weeks. That’s crying shit. Not a goddamn sports game. If a man cries because he dropped his ice cream cone, he’s a baby. If a man cries because his new shoe got a stain on it, he’s a baby. If he cries because he lost a sports game, he’s a baby. There is shit that a grown man does not cry over if he wants to be a leader, period. That is my position, I’ll stand by it regardless of modern metro-sensitive bullshit in today’s culture.

Get him a diaper, he’s a big ol’ loser baby. He knows how big-baby he revealed himself to be, so now he waits to get home so he can sob in his closet alone.
                Tom Brady reportedly cried after losing a Super Bowl.
                Marty Schottenheimer cried all the time: players would post bets on how soon he would break up during a meeting.

I'm not advocating for it; but it does not automatically negate one as a "leader of men".

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Tom Brady reportedly cried after losing a Super Bowl.
                  Marty Schottenheimer cried all the time: players would post bets on how soon he would break up during a meeting.

I'm not advocating for it; but it does not automatically negate one as a "leader of men".
                  Dick Vermeil
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

That is where your thinking is flawed. Strong men do cry. He didn't cry because he lost, he cried because he cares for his players. We have to move beyond the toxic male culture mentality and embrace the fact that men can get caught up in emotion, just like women, and cry, just like women, without turning it into a commentary on his manliness.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Dick Vermeil
                      Notorious big baby

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

That is where your thinking is flawed. Strong men do cry. He didn't cry because he lost, he cried because he cares for his players. We have to move beyond the toxic male culture mentality and embrace the fact that men can get caught up in emotion, just like women, and cry, just like women, without turning it into a commentary on his manliness.
                        “toxic male culture” explains your point of view adequately. I don’t buy into your view but its a free country.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Birmingham AL
                          • Send PM

“toxic male culture” explains your point of view adequately. I don’t buy into your view but its a free country.
                          John Wayne is rolling over in his grave.

Comment

Working...
                          X