• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    That is where your thinking is flawed. Strong men do cry. He didn't cry because he lost, he cried because he cares for his players. We have to move beyond the toxic male culture mentality and embrace the fact that men can get caught up in emotion, just like women, and cry, just like women, without turning it into a commentary on his manliness.
    meh. The guy seems emotionally unstable to me. When he got hired he was over the top tough guy talking about chewing off kneecaps and after a tough loss he cried because he cared so much?

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Men who cry, itself isn't a problem of course but there is an appropriate time and place and it's not toxic to recognize this common norm
      Neither is expecting your leader of men to display poise in the face of strong negative emotions to finish a professional assignment.
      We ask everyone to do, men, women, children even, as early as grade school.
      imo DC's consistent, overwhelming display of emotion combined with his exaggerated, hyper-masculine descriptions of ankle-biting toughness, is the real toxicity.
      dude has problems, not unlike most of us, and I'm not marginalizing them, but he's managing them as poorly as his team, and it's showing now that he's in the spotlight.
      .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
      .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
      .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
      .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
      .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
      .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
      .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
      .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
      .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

“toxic male culture” explains your point of view adequately. I don’t buy into your view but its a free country.
        Let's not argue about this here. I believe we could find common ground on this issue in another forum. But this is not the right place. You are one of my favorite members of this forum and I hope to keep it that way. Peace.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Let's not argue about this here. I believe we could find common ground on this issue in another forum. But this is not the right place. You are one of my favorite members of this forum and I hope to keep it that way. Peace.
          This brings a tear to my eye

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Mike McCoy's time in San Diego would have been more productive if on timely occasions he would be reduced to a weeping, blubbering mass of humanity.

The last San Diego Charger head coach: let that sink into you.

Comment

• captaind
              Cook This Pork Chops
              • Jun 2013
              • Mars
              • Ball Holder
              • Send PM

I cried when Anthony Lynn was fired.

Tears of joy, though.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Peace and love, brother. I don’t mean to disrespect, i just disagree on that guy in that instance. I don’t mind others with others views either, i actually love the random differences in the human species, i just dislike conformity and forced conformity above all. It’s the artist in me, today’s art community makes me shake my head but this is a football forum so who gives a …
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Peace and love, brother. I don’t mean to disrespect, i just disagree on that guy in that instance. I don’t mind others with others views either, i actually love the random differences in the human species, i just dislike conformity and forced conformity above all. It’s the artist in me, today’s art community makes me shake my head but this is a football forum so who gives a …
                  Lol, i sometimes still have to watch what I type It can get frustrating here now but I have since used the ignore function for the first time.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Network was smart not to flex the Chargers game next Sunday night.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                      Network was smart not to flex the Chargers game next Sunday night.
                      They are going to get destroyed by Cincy.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

They are going to get destroyed by Cincy.
                        Depends on which offense shows up... it seems to go week to week

But I do think Cincinnati will win

Comment

• northerner
                          Charger fan since '79
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

meh. The guy seems emotionally unstable to me. When he got hired he was over the top tough guy talking about chewing off kneecaps and after a tough loss he cried because he cared so much?
                          agreed. I am ok with one or the other from some guy, but not both!!! adding some sympathy, i would be ok with crying after a playoff-crushing loss from Mr. Kneecaps, but this guy's team is just fighting to win a game before the end of the season. keep it together man.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍