• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CivilBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
    That’s how year after year of suckage can do to your team. I’m happy with our team. At least we’re always competitive.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

That’s how year after year of suckage can do to your team. I’m happy with our team. At least we’re always competitive.
      Well ...
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Berserker76
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

Poor MG, now he's under appreciated in Denver. Maybe we can take him back???

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

That’s how year after year of suckage can do to your team. I’m happy with our team. At least we’re always competitive EXCEPT FOR MOST OF THE LYNN YEARS, AND SOME OF THE MM AND NORV YEARS...
          There...fixed it for 'ya!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

There...fixed it for 'ya!
            I was wondering about that - were we competitive the year we earned the #5 pick and took Herbie in the draft? Not like it was long ago ...
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post
              Poor MG, now he's under appreciated in Denver. Maybe we can take him back???
              Gordon seems to have a persecution complex. No matter where he goes, no matter what he gets paid, it seems all he does is whine and complain...and a lot of his troubles he brings on himself, like that lame holdout with us, and the DUI he got arrested for in Denver. Now he's griping about no fans in the stands due to Covid...cue up the violins, please:

"It was probably one of my most difficult seasons," Gordon said. "I am not going to lie. Just cause a lot of fans and a lot of people weren't too happy with me coming in and Phil wanting to get paid and everything like that. I was like, Look man, I had no parts in that. I wanted to be here and they wanted me to be here. It was a mutual thing and it kind of just happened. It was tough, man, because I felt like a lot of people didn't accept me."

"It was kind of like, I am from Wisconsin, and if I had gotten drafted to The Pack. I understand how people feel because it would be the same way for me if I was in Green Bay. There was never any hard feelings, but shoot, at least give me a shot. And it sucked because the (fans) weren't there (in the stands), so they were not there in person to appreciate what I do. And with the COVID stuff and not really being able to see Denver as a whole and spend that extra time with the teammates outside of the facility, it just made things a lot tougher. So it was that on top of that on top of that on top of that on top of that. So mentally, it was like, I definitely was challenged."

Oh, the horror! To be raking in $16 mil for two years of work...and no fans in the stands to appreciate you...wow, what a big baby...quick, get his blankie and binkie...he acts like he's the only player in the universe with this issue...

https://sports.yahoo.com/melvin-gord...054149793.html
              Last edited by Topcat; 04-18-2021, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I was wondering about that - were we competitive the year we earned the #5 pick and took Herbie in the draft? Not like it was long ago ...
                Competitive as in we always had a chance to win a lot of games if we didn’t shoot ourselves in the foot. Cleveland used to get blown out on a regular basis. Regarding Herbie, he was picked #6 so we were not that bad

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Damn I called this. The Dolphins aren’t done trading. Moving to #6 was so strategic. It ensured additional draft capital because of the 5 QBs + Bengals.
                  Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Gordon seems to have a persecution complex. No matter where he goes, no matter what he gets paid, it seems all he does is whine and complain...and a lot of his troubles he brings on himself, like that lame holdout with us, and the DUI he got arrested for in Denver. Now he's griping about no fans in the stands due to Covid...cue up the violins, please:

"It was probably one of my most difficult seasons," Gordon said. "I am not going to lie. Just cause a lot of fans and a lot of people weren't too happy with me coming in and Phil wanting to get paid and everything like that. I was like, Look man, I had no parts in that. I wanted to be here and they wanted me to be here. It was a mutual thing and it kind of just happened. It was tough, man, because I felt like a lot of people didn't accept me."

"It was kind of like, I am from Wisconsin, and if I had gotten drafted to The Pack. I understand how people feel because it would be the same way for me if I was in Green Bay. There was never any hard feelings, but shoot, at least give me a shot. And it sucked because the (fans) weren't there (in the stands), so they were not there in person to appreciate what I do. And with the COVID stuff and not really being able to see Denver as a whole and spend that extra time with the teammates outside of the facility, it just made things a lot tougher. So it was that on top of that on top of that on top of that on top of that. So mentally, it was like, I definitely was challenged."

Oh, the horror! To be raking in $16 mil for two years of work...and no fans in the stands to appreciate you...wow, what a big baby...quick, get his blankie and binkie...he acts like he's the only player in the universe with this issue...

https://sports.yahoo.com/melvin-gord...054149793.html
                    Maybe he needs to remember some of it is self-inflicted.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Irmo, SC
                      • Send PM

Is the rule changes vote today? I'm more excited to see if the jersey number thing passes. The equipment managers are gonna have their work cut out for them if it does. I'm betting James goes to #3 & Murray goes to #9

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                        Damn I called this. The Dolphins aren’t done trading. Moving to #6 was so strategic. It ensured additional draft capital because of the 5 QBs + Bengals.
                        Cardinals might be looking to move up but they don't have much draft capital. So it could possibly be something like the Chargers 13th in R1 plus 3rd and 5th rounders for the Cardinals 1st and 2nd round picks

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                          X