• Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Look at how Herbert carved up the Raiders secondary on two TD drives with just a few minutes left in the 4th Q. The Raiders knew what was coming - they knew the Chargers weren't going to run - and they still couldn't stop it. Imagine Burrow and his WRs doing that for four quarters to the Raiders' defense, which will not be able to ignore the run, because the Bengals have a pretty good RB who can burn them if they focus too much on stopping Burrow and his WRs. That is my take on this game. Bengals by a lot. We can tease our Raiders fan friends their team is one and done again, and still haven't won a playoff game in 20 years. Looking forward to it.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

I haven't heard a peep of bragging from any of my raider contacts. Not a peep actually.
      They're all football savvy enough to know they got away with a lot of help from the zebras and that they couldn't make a defensive stop against Thor
      I think they loved that we didn't go for 2 at end of regulation
      and didn't go for 4th and 6 in OT
      they also know there's a solid chance they lose next week.
      Just my feeling
      Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Wildcard Round

Brett Kollman on the Bills/Patriots matchup. Bills can beat zone coverages and the Bills can whip man coverage,

This is the game of the weekend, and this weekend, I am a Bills fan.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Wildcard Round

Brett Kollman on the Bills/Patriots matchup. Bills can beat zone coverages and the Bills can whip man coverage,

This is the game of the weekend, and this weekend, I am a Bills fan.
          I almost did a six game parlay - just for the hell of it. But I scaled back. I didn't pick this one as I don't trust Hoodie. That sumbitch just might pull of a Win. But will be rooting for the Bills of course

I think my picks were
          Bengals to cover
          Bucs to win - a lot of points
          Chiefs to win
          Cowboys to cover

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
            I haven't heard a peep of bragging from any of my raider contacts. Not a peep actually.
            They're all football savvy enough to know they got away with a lot of help from the zebras and that they couldn't make a defensive stop against Thor
            I think they loved that we didn't go for 2 at end of regulation
            and didn't go for 4th and 6 in OT
            they also know there's a solid chance they lose next week.
            Just my feeling
            My Raider fan friends who I am close to are Niners fan first, Raider fans 2nd, more like they have a soft spot for the Raiders. They know better than to put too much trust in the Raiders, plus they are putting more energy into wanting the 49ers to beat the Cowboys.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Weddle might be a little rusty...hasn't played since 2019...
              Says alot about what the Rams think of their depth lol Call a guy out of retirement who doesn't know their defense.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • New Jersey
                • Send PM

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                  French Speaking Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Québec city
                  • Send PM

LV at CIN and PIT at KC = no contest, it's going to be massacres
                  I'm going to take the 8.5 points for Philly against TB
                  Don't bet on SF/DAL and NE/BUF games.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Windsor, U.K.
                    • Send PM

Who does Cincy have manning the right tackle position? If nothing better than Storm, Burrow might be in for a helluva day.
                    On any given Sunday.....

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
                      If hired that will be a Comp 3rd pick for a minority GM hire for us. Get that job JoJo
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Weddle might be a little rusty...hasn't played since 2019...
                        He has ball skills. Not with his hands per se, but he once intercepted a ball under his arm pit as I recall.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                          Staley showed how green he really is this year, at different times....I still like what he brings, and I'm still am sold....mostly. However, I need to see the following things from him next season to feel much better going forward...

1. Accountability- Way too many fundamental mistakes this year. Missed tackles, dropped passes, penalties...needs to be a clear system in place going forward to discourage that shit....the whole "family" thing Staley is preaching is great...but "Pops" better be a disciplinarian, and these players need to fear for their jobs when they blow it out on the field.

2. Rationality- I appreciate some of the aggressiveness Staley shows in strategy/game management...but only some. There is a time and place for 4 downs, and he has been way off base a couple of times this year....biggest example being last night on our own 19 yard line...that was plain arrogance. He seems to try to be "cute" with some of his scheming at times, as well...but all this very forgivable from a first year HC.

Furthermore, both our GM and Coach together need to make some tough calls regarding some of our current "family" members. Guys like Cook, Harris, Justin Jackson, Storm and Pipkens...they may be trying hard, may be well liked...but we need better or more reliable players in those positions. For that matter, few positions on this team can't be upgraded in some way or another. Preaching family is great....so long as everyone understands the family resets/reforms from now until till pretty much the Monday after the draft.

Edit: Ooops...thought I was still on the Staley thread when I spaced out, typed out, and posted this nugget...sorry. If a mod sees this and can move it, be my guest.
                          My general view too. He made mistakes, he was a rookie and its unreasonable to expect none. But big picture I like the change and vision and I have a positive vibe he’s a learning human and not a crusty old never-change “we’re gonna establish the run” guy (to pick one example from the recent past). I thought the 19 yard line 4th and go was foolish but the play call was worse. But we also saw him win some games bravely when prior coaches would coach to not lose and thereby assure loss. He didn’t fumble a punt, and he didn’t tell CHJ to get a PI call 20+ yards from the fucking pass to end the half. Mixed bag, up trend, I’m still all on board 100%. While not nearly as silly as the crowd here that wants to “fix” Herbie, i don’t think he was the fundamental problem and if TT adds better players that can execute at a higher level, his risks vs rewards outcomes will rise notably. It’s the roster.

His defensive concepts are not bottom-quartile coaching. Analysts breaking down what LAR did raved at his schemes. He flat out doesnt have the defensive roster. It’s players not shedding a block, not taking a decent angle, not covering a swing back, and not making a goddamn tackle. Players were put in positions to make plays all year long and got beat hat on hat, pad on pad.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X