• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Setting the bar kinda low, aren't you...?
    Lol. I like Faalele’s size and movement skills for a man his size. I think he’s worth a flier. Pipkins? Not so much.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by labound View Post

Jordon Reid on Chargers Brawl definitely has us going defense (CB) in the first and OL in the second.

That's assuming that's the top two OL are gone.
      We can fix OL after round 1.
      Big need.
      Great depth.
      There is help @ UFA.
      The only questions are...
      what is our budget ?
      and how big a splash ?
      Let's do this.
      You don't know ball

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

We can fix OL after round 1.
        Big need.
        Great depth.
        There is help @ UFA.
        The only questions are...
        what is our budget ?
        and how big a splash ?
        Let's do this.
        I just think at 13 you take top tier talent - but hope its a need position and not WR for instance. If need be, I am going to try to trade back so value meets pick. I just do not want a WR in the first round. If that happens - Mike Williams and/or Hunter Henry cannot be back. The Chargers cannot have that much invested in 13, 81, 86 and still draft WR in the first round.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I agree. I'm looking for an offense that can do multiple things well. And that requires offensive linemen that can do multiple things well.
          I think that's what our offensive line lacks... multiple ability o-linemen.
          I'd be happy with ATV @#13... should Slater be gone. I know Vikings @#14 would love to have ATV.
          If Parsons were there... then we have a conundrum...
          Jeremiah going bonkers this am over your guy Gainwell.
          In spite of the Justin Jackson build,
          Kenneth has excellent YAC numbers from contact balance and deceptive power.
          The elusiveness and explosion is there.

You must have gotten some new glasses. The scouting has improved.

And let me throw this here for Dude n Jolt. Gainwell is 5# lighter and 1" taller than Michael Carter.
          MC has deceptive chonkiness. There are powerful quads there. I do like this guy's hops.

Fellow TarHeel, big bro Javonta Williams, is now borderline round one. Speed + this man breaks tackles !

Just a few bullet points before you have your coffee...

:coffee:
          You don't know ball

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think this is very good news for the Chargers. They are top 10 in cap space... have the ability to create more (Turner, long term deal for Williams - Henry and Hayward are tbd). But, the tougher it is for certain teams like the Steelers, Saints, Eagles, Bills , Rams and two teams from the division, the Raiders and Chiefs - the better. Even 5-7m would be a big deal for these teams.
            There are free agents I am eyeing from all of these teams listed that they might not be able to bring back

Granted, I am still more for the "value" or the Schefter-bomb signings in free agency as it is. But the Chargers are in a good spot, can work it a bit more if need be but all in all - this should help them.
            I know that more cap space seems like a better thing, but the higher cap number actually works against us.

It would have been better for the Chargers if it had stayed lower. At $175 mill, the cap had a lot of teams in a bind. Almost half the league was at or over the cap, so there was going to be some serious cuts to get under to cap to start the league year. And many of those teams would not have been active participants in FA.

We had plenty of cap space, and the ability to clear more space.

Those guys are much better risks in terms of FA, than the unrestricted types. Cut a player prior to cutdowns and they no only come cheaper (generally), but have something to prove.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

I know that more cap space seems like a better thing, but the higher cap number actually works against us.

It would have been better for the Chargers if it had stayed lower. At $175 mill, the cap had a lot of teams in a bind. Almost half the league was at or over the cap, so there was going to be some serious cuts to get under to cap to start the league year. And many of those teams would not have been active participants in FA.

We had plenty of cap space, and the ability to clear more space.

Those guys are much better risks in terms of FA, than the unrestricted types. Cut a player prior to cutdowns and they no only come cheaper (generally), but have something to prove.
              I am good with it as long as it stays at the 182.5 (ish) mark for the reason you mention. The team did have plenty of cap space and can clear more. Mike Williams if he re-does his deal will probably be 5-6m of cap savings, Trai Turner will be 11.5, I can see Casey Hayward being another few (either he takes a small pay cut or released and the player signed is less - so thats 20m more of cap space right there).

I think one reason JJ Watt hasn't signed yet is because teams are reticent to spend too early. A team like the Packers still have to clear $11m just to get to zero and probably need another 8-10m just to sign draft picks. Plus teams might want to see the entire market before committing to any player. In normal years, Watt would be a done deal probably by now.

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

When I watch o-lineman.
                I'm not watching for great technique.
                I want to see awareness, continued effort, staying on their feet and a great ability to find work and time up the block. I think technique checking should come after the eye test.

I remember a couple draft ago. Connor Williams from Texas was supposedly a 1st rd worthy pick that would be a great Left Tackle. And when I watch the tape, he blocked anything that was clear and within his reach. But when the defense caused even minor confusion with a simple stunt, he looked lost to me. Cowboys drafted him in 2nd rd and moved him inside to guard. He is still young and can continue to get better but he has yet to be what he was touted to be. He allowed 4 sacks last year in 16 starts.
                ​​​​Meanwhile Dlineman switch to Olineman at Utah Sam Tevi played Left Tackle last year and in 14 starts allowed 1 sack. Sam isn't great but he is improved and showing more ability to be a decent starting Left Tackle in NFL than Williams.
                Oddly Connor college profile had him at 6'6 315. His NFL profile has him at 6'5 298. So he lost an inch and almost 20lbs on the move up to NFL?
                Now Q.Nelson-LG, that is a player that lived up to his hype. He holds a bit more than you would like. But he wins at a very high rate.
                Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Jeremiah going bonkers this am over your guy Gainwell.
                  In spite of the Justin Jackson build,
                  Kenneth has excellent YAC numbers from contact balance and deceptive power.
                  The elusiveness and explosion is there.

You must have gotten some new glasses. The scouting has improved.

And let me throw this here for Dude n Jolt. Gainwell is 5# lighter and 1" taller than Michael Carter.
                  MC has deceptive chonkiness. There are powerful quads there. I do like this guy's hops.

Fellow TarHeel, big bro Javonta Williams, is now borderline round one. Speed + this man breaks tackles !

Just a few bullet points before you have your coffee...

:coffee:
                  Gainwell is a good player. He is 191 lbs which is 8-9 lbs lighter than Carter,...... Who I like but not targeting . Too small.

Javonte is a stud and like him a ton but we may or may not get him. But have no fear, I drafted Najee in round 3 from PFF,... The player Bible to many in this forum lmao

Screenshot_20210219-222426.jpg

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Gainwell is a good player. He is 191 lbs which is 8-9 lbs lighter than Carter,...... Who I like but won't draft. Too small.

Javonte is a stud and like him a ton but we probably won't get him. But have no fear, I drafted Najee in round 3 from PFF,... The draft Bible to this forum lmao

Screenshot_20210219-222426.jpg
                    LOL.
                    They flunked me for selecting Najee @ #13.
                    The don't draft RB early vibe is real.
                    Many of these guys are great receivers.
                    Fantasy folks gonna get burned.
                    You don't know ball

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

LOL.
                      FYI I’m not generally opposed to “rb in the first”
                      im more opposed to “Chargers rb in the first”
                      haha
                      I love NH and think he’s RB1 regardless of Oline
                      first round talent and a complete back we need, definitely PON
                      but Telesco’s failure to build an Oline (that collectively ranks higher than dead last) has robbed me of enjoying fantasies of round 1 skill guys
                      .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
                      .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
                      .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
                      .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
                      .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
                      .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
                      .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
                      .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
                      .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• AK47
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

LOL.
                        Najee is 1st round talent in my book. Essentially similar skillset/size to Gordon. There seems to be a run of QBs, WRs and OTs throughout the 1st round in many mocks I see. If we were to trade down he's tops on my cluster to go nab.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Najee is 1st round talent in my book. Essentially similar skillset/size to Gordon. There seems to be a run of QBs, WRs and OTs throughout the 1st round in many mocks I see. If we were to trade down he's tops on my cluster to go nab.
                          Was MGIII really a 1st round talent?
                          His career says not even close.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X