• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Hey Nutty. TY. Staley mentioned your guy John Johnson today. Derwin's gonna keep the green dot. You can't have it.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      Hey Nutty. TY. Staley mentioned your guy John Johnson today. Derwin's gonna keep the green dot. You can't have it.
      Yeah? What did he say about JJ...?
      Derwin absolutely deserves the green dot.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

BTW... kudos on your recognition of Pitre early on. What is your take on Derwin playing the Star within Aranda's scheme? Will Staley adopt some of Aranda's concepts and meld them with Fangio's...?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Yes to all of the above. Derwin will do many of the things JJ/Pitre do. Of course Derwin is significantly more athletic. I expect StaleyD to involve Aranda concepts. Absolutely.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Here's something for you Wood. All about JT and BS... without the BS.

This is where we're going... Substitute Derwin for Pitre in the Star position. This is the 4-2-5 nickel base. This is why we got SJD and Austin Johnson. The defense will be built around Derwin... Joey B is great, but he didn't fit the Tite scheme... he's not Aaron Donald... he's Joey Bosa... so set him free. JC Jackson will cover the other team's best WR. Derwin will be assigned some of the league's best TE's.
            Twitter: @tcpfootballMore Lincoln Riley Content:https://youtu.be/1q0kY7fkYakhttps://youtu.be/lfL057QECaIIn this video, see how the Baylor Bears football team...

This is where we came from... Staley played a variation of Fangio's 3-4 under Tite formation 5-1-5. We didn't have the personnel last year... I believe that some of these ideals will be implemented but some ideals will evolve and incorporate more 4-2-5 ideals.
            Check out the brand new Speaking Football course where you can learn everything you need to be fluent in football and get the building blocks to understand m...

Use promo code "BILLY100" to double your first deposit with MyBookie - https://bit.ly/MyBookieBillyStephensSupport the channel on Patreon - https://www.patr...

If you only have limited time... watch the 1st clip (Baylor defense). It's where we're going. It also explains the need for JT Woods... and probably why Staley had a 2nd round grade on him.
            Thanks for the video links. Good stuff!

Comment

• equivocation
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Here's something for you Wood. All about JT and BS... without the BS.

This is where we're going... Substitute Derwin for Pitre in the Star position. This is the 4-2-5 nickel base. This is why we got SJD and Austin Johnson. The defense will be built around Derwin... Joey B is great, but he didn't fit the Tite scheme... he's not Aaron Donald... he's Joey Bosa... so set him free. JC Jackson will cover the other team's best WR. Derwin will be assigned some of the league's best TE's.
              Twitter: @tcpfootballMore Lincoln Riley Content:https://youtu.be/1q0kY7fkYakhttps://youtu.be/lfL057QECaIIn this video, see how the Baylor Bears football team...

This is where we came from... Staley played a variation of Fangio's 3-4 under Tite formation 5-1-5. We didn't have the personnel last year... I believe that some of these ideals will be implemented but some ideals will evolve and incorporate more 4-2-5 ideals.
              Check out the brand new Speaking Football course where you can learn everything you need to be fluent in football and get the building blocks to understand m...

Use promo code "BILLY100" to double your first deposit with MyBookie - https://bit.ly/MyBookieBillyStephensSupport the channel on Patreon - https://www.patr...

If you only have limited time... watch the 1st clip (Baylor defense). It's where we're going. It also explains the need for JT Woods... and probably why Staley had a 2nd round grade on him.
              Breakdown of the Baylor D was great. In regards to the "safe pressure" looks, both Tranquill and Reeder are noted blitzers (Murray is in theory as well) and van Noy and Mack are more true OLBs with cover skills. This unlocks those 4 man blitz packages and I think van Noy was a huge addition for this defense for his ability to rush or cover.

I think our coverage looks will be more varied than Baylor's split safety look, we rotate coverage about half the time on purpose, but I agree that is going to be the base look a lot of the time with James in the Star role. Jackson and ASJ are both solid switching off to run support from what I've seen. I don't know off hand if we did a lot of MOD coverage last year, it didn't seem like it. In theory this D should hand off crossing routes so it may in effect be the same. Thesecondary players are hugely important in run D, hopefully Davis learns his role there better.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

Breakdown of the Baylor D was great. In regards to the "safe pressure" looks, both Tranquill and Reeder are noted blitzers (Murray is in theory as well) and van Noy and Mack are more true OLBs with cover skills. This unlocks those 4 man blitz packages and I think van Noy was a huge addition for this defense for his ability to rush or cover.

I think our coverage looks will be more varied than Baylor's split safety look, we rotate coverage about half the time on purpose, but I agree that is going to be the base look a lot of the time with James in the Star role. Jackson and ASJ are both solid switching off to run support from what I've seen. I don't know off hand if we did a lot of MOD coverage last year, it didn't seem like it. In theory this D should hand off crossing routes so it may in effect be the same. Thesecondary players are hugely important in run D, hopefully Davis learns his role there better.
                Reeder and Van Noy were savvy pickups... along with Morgan Fox. These guys will play roles in a multitude of different packages. And don't forget about Chris Rumph. Duke used to rush him from all over the place.

With the addition of JC, Callahan, and Woods our secondary went from thin to deep. I expect to see lots of rotation on the backend and a lot of man techniques by the corners early in the routes (Staley mentioned this in one of his pressers). Coverages will be multiple and disguised. Make receivers get into their routes late and make the QB's think for a second longer... all the while, applying pressure... I can't wait to see what Staley has in mind.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                  The early April death of NFL quarterback Dwayne Haskins officially has been ruled an accident.

On April 9, Haskins was struck by a dump truck on Interstate 595 in Broward County, Florida. Via David Ovalle of the Miami Herald, medical examiner reports released on Monday
                  So sad.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

KC loves their speed receivers, then they added Sky Moore. We need to have more speed at safety to beat KC. Beating KC is job #1. Woods fits a need there. A pretty good pick in retrospect.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Some changes announced for Practice Squads, raising total number to 16, and allowing up to 6 veterans. 3 elevations allowed before the player has to go through waivers.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Also some change to IR rules...

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                          Also some change to IR rules...

This will help everybody. Losing players for a year never made sense to me.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X