• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

L.A. is still where they came from, even if they were only there a year. It's their historical identity.
    An identity nobody recalls except Charger fans and even then, they would have to be old like a lot of us. 1960 was before I was born (1962).

I don't think any other franchise in sports has ever been anywhere from only 1 season. However, whatever it takes to still be a fan.

The only places though I would of continued to be a fan was LA and LV. Anywhere else, .....next team up.
    11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
    35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
    37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
    66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
    69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
    100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
    110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
    140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
    181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
    225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I wouldn’t be surprised if he plays on opening day. He already sat a full year and no charges were ever filed. I can’t believe the Browns made that deal without checking in with the league office in some way first.
      I doubt the league gave the Browns any sort of approval for the contract they gave Watson. In fact, I think they are probably mortified by it. I think the league will be more inclined to be a bit punitive toward the Browns with Watson's suspension.

The thing is, more lawsuits keep getting filed, and the latest one is pretty disgusting.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...20April%202021.

In the newest lawsuit filed this week in Harris County, Texas, a massage therapist in Houston said she gave Watson two massages at her apartment in August 2020 and that he masturbated in front of her and ejaculated during the second encounter. The first massage was "professional," the suit stated, and Watson had to leave abruptly after taking a phone call.

By the end of the second encounter, the woman said she was in "complete shock and could not speak" after Watson "continued masturbating more aggressively." Her lawsuit said she ran into the bathroom to clean Watson’s ejaculate off her.

“Watson offered no apology or explanation for his conduct,” the lawsuit stated. “He instead got dressed, paid plaintiff $150 via Cash App and left. Plaintiff was left humiliated and traumatized. Shortly after the massage, plaintiff called her close friend to tell her what happened. They both were mortified by Watson’s conduct. There were no further massage sessions. She shortly thereafter quit massage therapy.”
      How many more are out there that have not come forward yet?

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

An identity nobody recalls except Charger fans and even then, they would have to be old like a lot of us. 1960 was before I was born (1962).

I don't think any other franchise in sports has ever been anywhere from only 1 season. However, whatever it takes to still be a fan.
        The Seattle Pilots moved to Milwaukee and became the Brewers after just one season. Just sayin'...

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

The only places though I would of continued to be a fan was LA and LV. Anywhere else, .....next team up.
          I knew I'd be a Bolts fan for as long as Rivers was on the team. Wasn't sure how I'd feel about being a Charger fan after that, but i didn't bail immediately, and Justin Herbert came along after just *ONE* game with Tyrod Taylor under center. That made it easy.

It was clear from that first game he played against KC on 5 minutes notice-- The guy is special. How many opportunities does a fan get to have a Herb-like talent running the show?!?

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Denver Broncos president Joe Ellis has teased the idea of a new stadium after a change of ownership that is expected to be finalized before the 2022 NFL season.

A potential new home for the Broncos has been met with skepticism, but “it’ll be the No. 1 decision the new owner will have to make,” said Ellis, and could generate fresh revenue for the city and kickstart the development of new retail, dining, and residential properties.
            • Estimated costs for a new stadium could exceed $2 billion.
            • It would likely include a retractable roof.
            • The enclosure would allow Denver to host a Super Bowl for the first time.
            • The Broncos’ current home, Empower Field at Mile High, opened in 2001 with construction coststhat reached $400 million.
            So 4.5 billion earns you the right to spend 2 billion or more on a new stadium? Money, money, money.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Xenos
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

So 4.5 billion earns you the right to spend 2 billion or more on a new stadium? Money, money, money.
              How much of the $2 billion will come from the new owner though?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

The Seattle Pilots moved to Milwaukee and became the Brewers after just one season. Just sayin'...
                So since I'm not a fan at all of them, I'd say those aren't roots. Roots is someplace you are established imo. Leaving after 1 year is a temporary stop gap. No time to even get a fan base.

But that's me.
                11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

I knew I'd be a Bolts fan for as long as Rivers was on the team. Wasn't sure how I'd feel about being a Charger fan after that, but i didn't bail immediately, and Justin Herbert came along after just *ONE* game with Tyrod Taylor under center. That made it easy.

It was clear from that first game he played against KC on 5 minutes notice-- The guy is special. How many opportunities does a fan get to have a Herb-like talent running the show?!?
                  This is me exactly. We definitely think a like. Plus there is the Oregon connection between Herbert and Fouts. Plus my mother was born in Eugene and grew up there during the Depression. Plus, while my mother didn't go to college, my uncles went to the University of Oregon and were life-long Duck fans. So I'll probably remain a Chargers fan until Herbert retires or I die, which ever comes first.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

How much of the $2 billion will come from the new owner though?
                    All of it.

Comment

• Xenos
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

All of it.
                      I’ll believe it when I see it. Almost none of the owners have fully paid for their own stadium with their own money. Kroenke is the only recent exception.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

The only thing that would make me give up my Bolt’s fandom would be them trading for a known rapist.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                          The only thing that would make me give up my Bolt’s fandom would be them trading for a known rapist.
                          POTD.
                          100%
                          Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

Working...
                          X