• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
    Pulling this back into the NFL, I think I get why some players insist in getting paid in Crypto... its just publicity for the asset class pushed by those who are true believers, and the overall campaign to leave "fiat currencies". Otherwise, they would just get paid like everyone else in good old US Dollars, and hopefully their financial advisors will diversify them into different asset classes and investments. The foolish that put their eggs into one basket, particularly Crypto, are hurting today, but will be gloating if it gets back up again. I just think its Hopium for now, just like for people at the end of the Tulip fad, or even more recently, on Cannabis stocks.
    Crypto is a crap shoot...always wise to diversify...the best tangible assets which will at least retain SOME degree of value are real estate and precious metals...with the uncertainty of the economy and food shortages looming on the horizon, canned goods are also a wise investment...

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
      Oh, how I wish I had sold every stock I owned last October. My portfolio is down 40K since then. Oh well, you can't take it with you.
      You can always sell at least PART of it...a friend of mine was sitting pretty about a year ago with some medical-related stocks...then they started edging down...I advised him to at least sell part of it...now, in the past month or two, the market has totally tanked...too bad...I've been telling him to diversify into real estate and precious metals for years...he ignored my advice, now he's paying the price...

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

You can always sell at least PART of it...a friend of mine was sitting pretty about a year ago with some medical-related stocks...then they started edging down...I advised him to at least sell part of it...now, in the past month or two, the market has totally tanked...too bad...I've been telling him to diversify into real estate and precious metals for years...he ignored my advice, now he's paying the price...
        Actually, I did sell part of it but I'm still down 40k. I'm holding three stocks, AMZN, MRNA, and SNOW that are responsible for most of my loss. I think all I can do now is hold and wait. I don't expect them to bounce back while I'm still alive but I've told my wife to sit on those three and ask my son about when to move on from them.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yeah that woman politician wanted to turn the stadium site into a park. All that would turn out to be is a sleeping area for all the bums.
          Having grown up in Serra Mesa and knowing intimately the SD River since back when there were cows and horses in Mission Valley - the notion of “River Restoration” is a crock. It was never anything. Ever. It was a dirty mucky stream, it is only a river when heavy rains cause a flood. Which of course is, as they say, no bueno.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

I’ve found it paradoxical yet interesting that with the rampant inflation, crashing market, rising interest rates about to hit the inflated real estate prices, … gold still hasn’t budged a smidge. I bought gold funds when gold was around $1200 over a decade ago? Can’t recall but I sold them when gold was over $1800 now 5 years ago.

That said, I’ll agree gold isnt a bad place to be

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Actually, I did sell part of it but I'm still down 40k. I'm holding three stocks, AMZN, MRNA, and SNOW that are responsible for most of my loss. I think all I can do now is hold and wait. I don't expect them to bounce back while I'm still alive but I've told my wife to sit on those three and ask my son about when to move on from them.
              Just looked up Snowflake Inc. Wow, tough tumble...worth almost $400 a share less than a year ago, now at $119...ouch...

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I’ve found it paradoxical yet interesting that with the rampant inflation, crashing market, rising interest rates about to hit the inflated real estate prices, … gold still hasn’t budged a smidge. I bought gold funds when gold was around $1200 over a decade ago? Can’t recall but I sold them when gold was over $1800 now 5 years ago.

That said, I’ll agree gold isnt a bad place to be
                I also thought gold and silver would be higher by now...I'm guessing most people will put off purchasing precious metals until it's too late...actually, now is not a bad time to buy...silver was all the way up to $42 an ounce a few years ago...now, it's all the way down to just under $22 an ounce...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

I also thought gold and silver would be higher by now...I'm guessing most people will put off purchasing precious metals until it's too late...actually, now is not a bad time to buy...silver was all the way up to $42 an ounce a few years ago...now, it's all the way down to just under $22 an ounce...
                  I have trust issues with silver since the Hunt Bros. I think you’re right its a good time.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I have trust issues with silver since the Hunt Bros. I think you’re right its a good time.
                    Yep...that was back in 1980...imagine, two brothers almost cornered the entire silver market, driving up the price from $6 an ounce to $50...

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

I agree that gold and silver should have had a pop by now. That always happens when we have a bear market. I'm at a loss to understand why they are staying pretty flat. inflation is a pain in many ways.

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

I agree that gold and silver should have had a pop by now. That always happens when we have a bear market. I'm at a loss to understand why they are staying pretty flat. inflation is a pain in many ways.
                        Yep...inflation, rising gas and grocery prices have squeezed the middle class potential precious metal buyers so much, that most of them can't even afford gold and silver...they're barely paying for gas, groceries, rent or mortgage, or behind on their payments, or getting evicted...meanwhile, the big investors have been slowly acquiring their gold for years...I'm afraid bad food shortages are coming soon...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Been reading Amazon is wanting to put in for a 20 to 1 split. That would be insane for those with stocks in them.

I have read about it twice but it isn't constant chatter.
                          11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                          35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                          37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                          66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                          69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                          105 Brenden Rice WR - USC
                          110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                          140 Hunter Nourzad OC - Penn st
                          181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
                          225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

Working...
                          X