• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
    If they’re going to suspend him for a year, it’s actually better that it happens in 2023 when a large chunk of his money becomes due. The way the Browns structured his contract this year, he only loses $1 million if he gets suspended now.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

If they’re going to suspend him for a year, it’s actually better that it happens in 2023 when a large chunk of his money becomes due. The way the Browns structured his contract this year, he only loses $1 million if he gets suspended now.
      Lol - dem Browns … clowns …
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

This is looking pretty concrete.
        Mike Tannenbaum at The 33rd Team says Baker should just play for CLE in '22.
        “#NFL informed Deshaun Watson, NFLPA, & disciplinary officer Sue L. Robinson it was recommending an indefinite suspension for at least the season, sources say. Hearing begins Tues. @WSJ first to report the indefinite min/yr. ban https://t.co/cayUOvz2na”
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• equivocation
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2021
          • Send PM

If Watson is out for the year Mayfield would have to be stupid not to play.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
            If Watson is out for the year Mayfield would have to be stupid not to play.
            It would involve compromise from both sides. I expect him to end up in SEA.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Former Patriots teammates dissing James Garoppolo for refusing to play with a shoulder injury when Brady was out during Deflategate.

Last year, former Patriots tight end Martellus Bennett said teammates lost respect for quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo when he sat out a game with a shoulder injury in 2016, requiring the Patriots to turn to third-string quarterback Jacoby Brissett during Tom Brady's Deflategate suspension.

A lot of guys got mad at it. I’m not going to lie, I got mad about it. I sacrificed my body all day long. I was taking shots for this, numbing up that, ribs, broken ribs, shoulders, Grade 3 hanging on by limbs just to play.

Comment

• Berserker76
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                This is looking pretty concrete.
                Mike Tannenbaum at The 33rd Team says Baker should just play for CLE in '22.
                Hopefully he can get a gig in Seattle or somewhere else and the Clowns can just play whatever scrub is available. Idiots.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                  looking back over the years I realize that I would have been better off not to trade as often as I did. If I had simply invested in stocks of companies that I thought were strong, and held them all this time, I'd be well off.

Reminder - it took WW2 to get us out of the great depression.
                  Yep...and from 1929 to 1941 when we entered WW2, that's 12 years...that was a long and tough depression...

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Report: Deshaun Watson Will Never Play for Browns

The Cleveland Browns could be in trouble, according to the belief of one NFL insider.
                    The Cleveland Browns could be in trouble, according to the belief of one NFL insider. After three days of trial, quarterback Deshaun Watson awaits the verdict of his suspension from the NFL. According to CBS Sports' Jason La Confora, there's a thought that Watson never wears a Browns uniform during the season.

La Confora made this known during an appearance on 93.7 The Fanwhen he said there could be more coming out surrounding Watson and these sexual assault lawsuits.

"I don’t know if Deshaun Watson is ever going to play with the Cleveland Browns,” La Confora said. "If he is told to sit on the sidelines for a year, what more comes out during that year?"

La Confora also said the Browns didn't do any research into Watson's case, which could lead to many surprises as time passes.

"I wouldn’t not hazard a guess on how many games he starts for the Browns," La Confora said. "I have to see him start one before I even consider it."

Watson met with at least 66 women over the course of 17 months, according to a report from the New York Times. He has settled 20 of his current 24 lawsuits.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• equivocation
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2021
                      • Send PM

Fucking Browns. Just when they weren't the factory of sadness anymore.

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

The Browns rolled the dice and it looks like they rolled a snake eyes. I feel sorry for their fans.

Do they get on their knees and beg Baker Mayfield to forgive them?
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                          The Browns rolled the dice and it looks like they rolled a snake eyes. I feel sorry for their fans.

Do they get on their knees and beg Baker Mayfield to forgive them?
                          I don’t see how that works for Baker. He knows he’s out once DeShaun is eligible.

Comment

Working...
                          X