• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Yeah it’s worse. Losing a 27-0 lead, losing a game when the TO advantage is 5-0, just worse and historically so. Shanahan won 7-8 straight with Brock Purdy. How many games do we win with Stick or Daniel? Just not close. Game was over when Josh Johnson couldn’t handle a snap or fall on it after Philly got a penalty aided TD drive.
    Jags game was epically worse . . . . not even in the same universe. The difference is that the Chargers choked away a gift wrapped game, the 49rs ran out of QB's and got beat. Once Purdy went out they had no chance against a very good defense.

Man - I would not want to play QB for the niners - must be some kind of curse.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Yeah it’s worse. Losing a 27-0 lead, losing a game when the TO advantage is 5-0, just worse and historically so. Shanahan won 7-8 straight with Brock Purdy. How many games do we win with Stick or Daniel? Just not close. Game was over when Josh Johnson couldn’t handle a snap or fall on it after Philly got a penalty aided TD drive.
      No, it’s not. It’s not just not, its not even close to not. you’re thinking emotionally, not analytically.

17 >>> 1
      24 >>>> 1

Math is hard, I know

It matters not if you (or they) score in the first minute or the last - all points count equally and all minutes of a game. Staley won half of the game, McDermott and Shanahan lost both halves. Both of their games were decided before the 4th Quarter even started, they were complete beat downs, obliterations, massacres, utterly thorough domination. That is a worse loss than losing by 1 pt as the final seconds tick off.

except emotionally for many Charger fans, me included at first. our game is more important, our loss is more significant. I get that it’s worse for you, I’m just trying to help you see the bigger picture. I’m not gfiiving up on you, i know there’s a light in there somewhere. We’ll find that switch, don’t you worry
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Jags game was epically worse . . . . not even in the same universe. The difference is that the Chargers choked away a gift wrapped game, the 49rs ran out of QB's and got beat. Once Purdy went out they had no chance against a very good defense.

Man - I would not want to play QB for the niners - must be some kind of curse.
        Naw, you’re just feeling emotional too. We’re gonna help … hang in there.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

No, it’s not. It’s not just not, its not even close to not. you’re thinking emotionally, not analytically.

17 >>> 1
          24 >>>> 1

Math is hard, I know

It matters not if you (or they) score in the first minute or the last - all points count equally and all minutes of a game. Staley won half of the game, McDermott and Shanahan lost both halves. Both of their games were decided before the 4th Quarter even started, they were complete beat downs, obliterations, massacres, utterly thorough domination. That is a worse loss than losing by 1 pt as the final seconds tick off.

except emotionally for many Charger fans, me included at first. our game is more important, our loss is more significant. I get that it’s worse for you, I’m just trying to help you see the bigger picture. I’m not gfiiving up on you, i know there’s a light in there somewhere. We’ll find that switch, don’t you worry
          You should actually think more analytically and not so superficially. If we had Easton Stick starting against the Jags and the. He went out and we played ?? As QB I wouldn’t hold a 24 point loss on Staley. So it’s a worse loss in terms of points but not otherwise. Dig deeper.

bills are inexplicable. That was a bad loss but if you think the Bengals are equal to the Jags, I would have to disagree.

mostvpundits seemed to think we had better talent than the jags. Nobody would say that about the 49ers today and Bills/Bengals were probably viewed equally.

we’ll keep trying to enlighten you

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

You should actually think more analytically and not so superficially. If we had Easton Stick starting against the Jags and the. He went out and we played ?? As QB I wouldn’t hold a 24 point loss on Staley. So it’s a worse loss in terms of points but not otherwise. Dig deeper.

bills are inexplicable. That was a bad loss but if you think the Bengals are equal to the Jags, I would have to disagree.

mostvpundits seemed to think we had better talent than the jags. Nobody would say that about the 49ers today and Bills/Bengals were probably viewed equally.

we’ll keep trying to enlighten you
            I did dig deep,and thank you good brother.
            We had injured players. Are you saying only their injuries count? Its just fact that when Vato went down, suddenly TL became successful
            Jags took Chiefs to the wire and a one score game. Chiefs arent the Bengals either? Well, they are so far today.
            Most pundits are dipsticks, who gives a fuck what or how they guessed who has the most talent.

none ofr those statemements are conclusive or deep. Cmon, let’s heal it up, rub that salve deep into the wound. A 1 point loss is not worse than a 17 or 24 point loss, except emotionally as you thought we could/should win. Nobody watching the Bills or 49ers thought they could win practically the entire game - and thats better? getting beat to shit all 60 minutes is better? Uh no.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
              Fangio to Miami as DC
              Hate that. Staley should of brought him here.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

I did dig deep,and thank you good brother.
                We had injured players. Are you saying only their injuries count? Its just fact that when Vato went down, suddenly TL became successful
                Jags took Chiefs to the wire and a one score game. Chiefs arent the Bengals either? Well, they are so far today.
                Most pundits are dipsticks, who gives a fuck what or how they guessed who has the most talent.

none ofr those statemements are conclusive or deep. Cmon, let’s heal it up, rub that salve deep into the wound. A 1 point loss is not worse than a 17 or 24 point loss, except emotionally as you thought we could/should win. Nobody watching the Bills or 49ers thought they could win practically the entire game - and thats better? getting beat to shit all 60 minutes is better? Uh no.
                listen I love Vato for us. I called Boltnut crazy when he said he’d be a cap casualty. You can look it up. Now Boltnut agrees that he was crazy. I am trying to save you from the same realization.

here’s what you sort of got. The 49ers when they look back on this will understand that they had zero realistic chance to win without a QB. It’s a necessary position. The Bills will just realize they weren’t in it from the get go for whatever reason.

But we were in control of the game. It was ours. It took a monumental collapse. And as good as Vato is Staley went to a softer zone and allowed TL to get off. He adjusted incorrectly. It was a self inflicted wound.

since you’re a keyboard player I understand that it will take you more time to digest it and move away from the simple math. Simple Jack

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
                  Let's do this!
                  • Aug 2022
                  • Raleigh N. Carolina
                  • Send PM

Zebras bailing out KC per usual

Comment

• bolthead123
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • San Diego
                    • I work in IT.
                    • Send PM

Andy Reid + Mahomes has kept KC in the thick of it for a while and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                      Moderate Skeptic
                      • May 2022
                      • Send PM

Naw, you’re just feeling emotional too. We’re gonna help … hang in there.
                      What were the odds that we would lose the Jags game? Someone run the numbers; 27 - 0 lead and 5 turnovers to none. The chances of losing that game had to be infinitesimal. EPIC choke.

It's not emotion at all - it's simply facing facts. I could deal with it fine if we just got beat . . . . . instead we melted down mentally, got outcoached, outplayed, and just . . .folded. It's disappointing - but par for the course for this franchise.

I'm over it - on to the draft, but it was not a run of the mill loss. My expectations for next year are not optimistic. They're going to have to show me they can exhibit some mental fortitude before I get excited again.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

What were the odds that we would lose the Jags game? Someone run the numbers; 27 - 0 lead and 5 turnovers to none. The chances of losing that game had to be infinitesimal. EPIC choke.

It's not emotion at all - it's simply facing facts. I could deal with it fine if we just got beat . . . . . instead we melted down mentally, got outcoached, outplayed, and just . . .folded. It's disappointing - but par for the course for this franchise.

I'm over it - on to the draft, but it was not a run of the mill loss. My expectations for next year are not optimistic. They're going to have to show me they can exhibit some mental fortitude before I get excited again.
                        98.5 % chance of winning with that many turnovers.Its almost like it was statistically impossible to lose yet somehow we did.National Fixed League.Just look at todays games not as football fans but with wide open eyes.Its always been predetermined
                        who is goin to that years superbowl.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

98.5 % chance of winning with that many turnovers.Its almost like it was statistically impossible to lose yet somehow we did.National Fixed League.Just look at todays games not as football fans but with wide open eyes.Its always been predetermined
                          who is goin to that years superbowl.
                          Only the Chargers . . . . (and maybe the Vikings). Sigh

Comment

Working...
                          X