• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
      Ron Rivera with a cancer diagnosis....

That sucks.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• FarAwayBoltFan
        San Diego Native
        • Feb 2019
        • Farmington, NM
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
        Ron Rivera with a cancer diagnosis....
        Rivera is a good coach and a stand up guy. I've wished several times he'd become the Chargers' coach. I hope his medical treatment goes well. We need more guys like Riverboat Ron in this world.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by FarAwayBoltFan View Post

Rivera is a good coach and a stand up guy. I've wished several times he'd become the Chargers' coach. I hope his medical treatment goes well. We need more guys like Riverboat Ron in this world.
          Great Defensive coach. He's one of the best d coach's we had outside of wade phillips...
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

This from the Bengals site;

Joe Burrow certainly looks like the overall No. 1 pick (and several veterans will gladly confirm it for you with crooked smiles) as he keeps the whole Hollywood Heisman theatrics going. Who else steps into his first NFL scrimmage drive and sifts his first six passes for a touchdown? Give him a cigar.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

And according to several reports Tua struggled:

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ihi-story.html

* mention of Tua repeatedly under throwing deep receivers

Or Hal Habib, of the Palm Beach Post:

"Tagovailoa appeared to be overly hyped for the occasion, consistently overshooting receivers. When he was able to make connections, often it was because receivers such as Chester Rogers and Preston Williams were using all of their 6-foot-plus frames to make adjustments and haul in passes. He also tended to lead receivers out of bounds rather than give them space to walk the tightrope.

To say he needed to settle down would be an understatement. Red flag? Tagovailoa is, after all, coming from Alabama. The SEC. Has been under pressure for years. That’s all true, but this is the NFL and this is a huge step from college to the pros. If Dan Marino couldn’t get thrown into this kind of cauldron and emerge with a starting job — and no, he did not open the 1983 season as QB1 — it’s unrealistic to expect Tagovailoa to beat out 16-year veteran Fitzpatrick. Especially not on the strength of a truncated training camp.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                And according to several reports Tua struggled:

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ihi-story.html

* mention of Tua repeatedly under throwing deep receivers

Or Hal Habib, of the Palm Beach Post:

"Tagovailoa appeared to be overly hyped for the occasion, consistently overshooting receivers. When he was able to make connections, often it was because receivers such as Chester Rogers and Preston Williams were using all of their 6-foot-plus frames to make adjustments and haul in passes. He also tended to lead receivers out of bounds rather than give them space to walk the tightrope.

To say he needed to settle down would be an understatement. Red flag? Tagovailoa is, after all, coming from Alabama. The SEC. Has been under pressure for years. That’s all true, but this is the NFL and this is a huge step from college to the pros. If Dan Marino couldn’t get thrown into this kind of cauldron and emerge with a starting job — and no, he did not open the 1983 season as QB1 — it’s unrealistic to expect Tagovailoa to beat out 16-year veteran Fitzpatrick. Especially not on the strength of a truncated training camp.
                If the Fins are smart, they'll bring Tua along slowly, and let him sit behind Fitz...NFL learning curve for QB's can be brutal...for some guys...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                  Bungles week 1 overview of potential advantages:

Their big FA his offseason was CB Trae Waynes, he’s been out with a pectoral injury and likely won’t play us.

starting WR John Ross is dealing with CV19 and it isn’t clear if he’ll be back to play us, either way hes missing preparation time and isn’t looking good for him

2019 6th round pick RB Rodney Anderson was waived after a failed physical (ACL injury last year)

WR AJ Green dealing with a hammy
                  not practicing today and won’t participate in scrimmage tomorrow.

DT Josh Tupou opted out

again, this isn’t to be insensitive, my focus is really just on week one. Obviously I feel good against any rookie qb even one as talented and Joe Burrow but these added adversities make me feel very confident.

cant wait for the actual week 1 thread
                  Excellent. I give zero fucks about other teams’ troubles, injuries or problems. No quarter given. I will send condolences if one of them dies, otherwise there are no asterisks for game day roster contingent and no team has ever given a fuck or dropped down a gear when the Chargers were depleted, such as playing almost a full season with a minor league OL.

I hope every team has a rash of one-week injuries the week we play them. Game day rosters decide championships.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                    This from the Bengals site;

Joe Burrow certainly looks like the overall No. 1 pick (and several veterans will gladly confirm it for you with crooked smiles) as he keeps the whole Hollywood Heisman theatrics going. Who else steps into his first NFL scrimmage drive and sifts his first six passes for a touchdown? Give him a cigar.
                    If I was picking one, i sure would have taken him. Would of had the contract locked down before draft night.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

If I was picking one, i sure would have taken him. Would of had the contract locked down before draft night.
                      Ditto
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Damn.
                        DJ Fluker looking lean and catlike.
                        Why the sam heck did we let him go ?

:coffee:
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                          Damn.
                          DJ Fluker looking lean and catlike.
                          Why the sam heck did we let him go ?

:coffee:
                          For those who need more DJ Fluker news:

When Jacob Rice met D.J. Fluker this spring, two things about the new client he’d agreed to train at his Seattle-area facility struck him, one obvious and one less so.

The first: “He’s a huge dude. Huge. That dude is just a monster.” The second: “
                          He didn’t understand food at all.

This was the Duality of D.J. that Rice came to grasp. Here was one of the nicest guys he would ever get to know, one of the smartest, one of the most athletically gifted, a 6-foot-5 frame you would dream up in a lab for an NFL interior lineman. And here was someone who seemed almost willfully ignorant of what his body needed to survive in professional football. There was something still to unlock in his game.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...az4-story.html

Comment

Working...
                          X