• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

If DJ walks, no tears for the giants. It’s their choice to not pick up his 5th year option when the new regime begins. Although it make sense to a certain extend when they say , “Go out there and prove your worth.” But like the believe “Respect is a 2 way street” And when he does, they want to sign him now for a bargain? When you lose respect, money talks.
    honestly, what’s best for both sides is to stay together, and perhaps jones is worth more to the giants than to most other NFL teams, but that doesn’t mean a QB desperate team won’t throw bags of money at the kid…NFL network spent a lot of time with the giants in TC last summer, I was really impressed with how daboll had jones 100% zoned in and focused and jones did his part, me I don’t think jones is ready to leave daboll’s side yet, but I also think he learned more about playing QB in the NFL in one year under daboll than he had in all his previous seasons combined…the giants need to remember why they drafted him so high to begin with, tag him for one more year if you are still not convinced, his price will only continue to go up, LOL…
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

How does this even happen? I'™ve studied the Saint's cap situation and it'™s still a freakin nightmare, so many of their contracts are back loaded that they have cap problems still going forward with an aging team for years and year.Carr will be getting at least a 35mil per year avg deal, maybe even more and they are already almost 19 in the red. How can they even do this?
      from pft:

NFL Media reports that it is a four-year deal for Carr with the NFC South club. The deal is worth up to $150 million and includes $100 million in total guarantees.

Carr has $60 million guaranteed at signing and $10 million of his third-year salary vests after his first year with the Saints.

The Saints have been restructuring contracts in order to get under the cap and will likely be making other manuevers like cutting quarterback Jameis Winston” to continue that effort while also slotting Carr into the roster.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

How does this even happen? I’ve studied the Saint's cap situation and it’s still a freakin nightmare, so many of their contracts are back loaded that they have cap problems still going forward with an aging team for years and years…Carr will be getting at least a 35mil per year avg deal, maybe even more…and they are already almost 19 in the red…how can they even do this?
        4 years 150mil for Carr, that’s 37.5mil avg salary, how can the saints even afford that? Their cap is a fucking mess…
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

from pft:
          Cutting winston only saves them 4 mil in cap space with a 14mil hit on dead cap…study their roster, I don’t understand how they are going to fit this deal into the cap and they’re still 19mil over

Comment

• NashBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2022
            • Send PM

With the dearth of competent QB play and his still untapped potential under daboll, why would he ask for less when he can make a killing on the franchise tag? He’s buying an extra year to build his worth under daboll while still making great guaranteed money…I wouldn’t sign a mid tier deal either, not sure what the giants offered but he was never going to sign a 10-14mil per uear prove it deal with NY, he showed enough last year that other teams will drive up his price, this kid owes brian daboll some serious cash, LOL…he was all but written off before daboll arrived there…
            I agree that Brian Daboll was the best thing to happen to D. Jones career and he owes the coach a phat stack of benjamins. I read D.Jones is asking for over $45 million a year and they couldn't get a deal done during the combine. Could be a tag in D.Jones future.

Comment

• C’monchargers
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

honestly, what’s best for both sides is to stay together, and perhaps jones is worth more to the giants than to most other NFL teams, but that doesn’t mean a QB desperate team won’t throw bags of money at the kid…NFL network spent a lot of time with the giants in TC last summer, I was really impressed with how daboll had jones 100% zoned in and focused and jones did his part, me I don’t think jones is ready to leave daboll’s side yet, but I also think he learned more about playing QB in the NFL in one year under daboll than he had in all his previous seasons combined…the giants need to remember why they drafted him so high to begin with, tag him for one more year if you are still not convinced, his price will only continue to go up, LOL…
              To be truthful, I was very surprise at the giants not picking up his option. Some players take it to the heart and I would too if you tell me I am technically already fired in the future.

Picking up his fifth year had to been their best option unless they had a plan already in finding Da guy. For them to tag him now pays him even more on what the 5th year option would be. Franchise tag for Qb this year is about 32+mil. So judging from the get go, they didn’t expect DJ to stick around. But things change, and if they want DJ now, they would have to suck it up and own it.

Just imo and up for debate, I would at least take DJ at his age over Kirk Cousin and his silly contract anytime of the day and twice on Sundays. And there is only one guy I would draft to replace DJ right now and that’s CJ Stroud and nobody else. And they are not in play for that.
              Last edited by C’monchargers; 03-06-2023, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• C’monchargers
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

At the moment, lots of talk about drafting RB and there are some good talent out there. But on the other side of the pond, Dallas got a decision to make with zeke. They just tag Pollard and they need to save some cap. Post June 1st designation cut he saves them $10.9mil. Just what type of money is zeke going to ask for? How close is he to Kellen Moore?
                Last edited by C’monchargers; 03-06-2023, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

4 years 150mil for Carr, that’s 37.5mil avg salary, how can the saints even afford that? Their cap is a fucking mess…
                  Damn, What's a real qb worth now?
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Jags tagged Evan Engram.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

At the moment, lots of talk about drafting RB and there are some good talent out there. But on the other side of the pond, Dallas got a decision to make with zeke. They just tag Pollard and they need to save some cap. Post June 1st designation cut he saves them $10.9mil. Just what type of money is zeke going to ask for? How close is he to Kellen Moore?
                      Just not worth $11 mil anymore. Maybe $6 mil...Fournette is also available.
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Damn, What's a real qb worth now?
                        Might as well draft 3 of them sprinkled thru the entire draft than pay that kind of money for a question mark QB.
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• C’monchargers
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Just not worth $11 mil anymore. Maybe $6 mil...Fournette is also available.
                          In the event of them terminating his contract with a post June 1st designation, the cowboys saves 10.9mil if Zeke is cut. If he clears waiver. He can ask for whatever he wants, and get whatever he will get. Nothing about 11mil is about the Chargers unless they pick him up off waiver.

Fournette will be interesting too. Money is the thing, how much do they want? Would like to think Zeke basically know Kellen Moore since he was a rookie when Kellen Moore was a player then coach; all through the years of success Zeke had, he would want to revive his career with familiarity. Just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                          X