• Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
    This seems crazy to me from Ian Rappaport

Details on the #Giants deal for QB Daniel Jones:
    -- 4 years
    -- $160M
    -- $35M more in incentives
    -- $82M over the first two years
    -- $94M virtually guaranteed at signing.
    -- First-year cap number around $19M.​
    Yep, Jones is an average QB. Maybe slightly above but he hasn't been that great.

What's Herb gonna get? 50- 55 mil per season?

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Are you going to say the same about Herbert? Lamar has already been an MVP in the league and his record as a starter is 45-16.
      I agree with Roo. No playoff wins in 3 - 4 tries? Only played 16 ganes once, last two seasons missed militiple games, not a great passer.

I don't care if Herbert ever wins MVP as long as we win a couple SBs.

Tua has a better winning record than Herbert. Do you want him instead?

Comment

• Tges58
        Registered Chiefs Fan
        • Mar 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yep, Jones is an average QB. Maybe slightly above but he hasn't been that great.

What's Herb gonna get? 50- 55 mil per season?
        For a QB the caliber of Hebert that's definitely possible,

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

I agree with Roo. No playoff wins in 3 - 4 tries? Only played 16 ganes once, last two seasons missed militiple games, not a great passer.

I don't care if Herbert ever wins MVP as long as we win a couple SBs.

Tua has a better winning record than Herbert. Do you want him instead?
          You’re making the wrong comparison. We have Herbert. We’re not in the market for a qb. If you’re Atlanta, Carolina, the Bucs, etc or any team without, why would you come out and publicly announce you’re not talking to Lamar Jackson?

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

You’re making the wrong comparison. We have Herbert. We’re not in the market for a qb. If you’re Atlanta, Carolina, the Bucs, etc or any team without, why would you come out and publicly announce you’re not talking to Lamar Jackson?
            Doesn't matter that we have our QB. You said he is 46-15. I said Tua has a better winning record than Herbert, would you want him instead because he has a.better winning record?

If Rivers were a Patriot, would his winning record be better than it is? Probably.
            Posters have said this numerous.times over the years.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

If Lamar gets a guaranteed deal, does that reset the qb market into 100% guaranteed contracts for top QBs? Scary.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Doesn't matter that we have our QB. You said he is 46-15. I said Tua has a better winning record than Herbert, would you want him instead because he has a.better winning record?

If Rivers were a Patriot, would his winning record be better than it is? Probably.
                Posters have said this numerous.times over the years.
                No I wouldn’t want Tua on the Chargers. But if I was Atl, Carolina, wash., etc. any qb needy team, I would want Lamar or even Tua. That’s the confusing part about teams like that publicly saying weee out

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

No I wouldn’t want Tua on the Chargers. But if I was Atl, Carolina, wash., etc. any qb needy team, I would want Lamar or even Tua. That’s the confusing part about teams like that publicly saying weee out
                  Have no clue why the Jets - if they are talking to Rodgets - wouldn't want Lamar Jackson instead

Rodgers contract is terrible and his ego and needing the attention every year

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Well we'll if that's true. I don't they can't negotiate with him till after he signs his tag.

Then again some teams may not see him as 2 first rounders worthy but would give up 1 first rounder.
                    I think they need to give up 2 according to the non exclusive tag. Not sure if that's negotiable.
                    But who knows what's going on here. We all know Lamar is more a sure thing than spending a high first on Richardson.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

raiders have come out publicly saying they haven't ruled anything out at qb
                      including trading to Jackson.

That could be dangerous for us.
                      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                        raiders have come out publicly saying they haven't ruled anything out at qb
                        including trading to Jackson.

That could be dangerous for us.
                        thats smart - -if you are paying draft picks and dollars for either Lamar or A-A-Ron
                        I would pick Jackson

Comment

• SK21209
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2020
                          • San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                          If Lamar gets a guaranteed deal, does that reset the qb market into 100% guaranteed contracts for top QBs? Scary.
                          You're worth what someone is willing to pay you, that's how markets work. Just because Watson got $230 million guaranteed doesn't mean a near-full guarantee is the new baseline for star QB contracts.

The exact same thing happened in the NBA last summer when Rudy Gobert was traded to the Timberwolves for a completely absurd package. The Timberwolves had a new ownership group coming in that was desperate to win given the franchise hasn't won a playoff series since 2004. When Durant demanded out of Brooklyn later that summer no one was willing to match that price even though Durant is far superior to Gobert. Teams refused to accept that as the new market price for "superstar" trade. Fast forward 6 months and Durant was quietly traded for a haul that was still less than Gobert.

The Watson contract is a complete outlier and teams are not going to accept that level of guaranteed money as the new normal. There's no need for collusion, every team already agrees its a nonstarter. If Lamar's camp (whomever that is) signals that he's willing to take something more akin to what Allen or Mahomes got, I think all these teams that expressed no interest yesterday would instantly jump into the sweepstakes. The thing is, Baltimore is also probably willing to give him that. Smart move from Baltimore IMO. ​

Comment

Working...
                          X