• Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Disagree. Playoff NBA is great
    I don't see the difference.

Most the league makes the playoffs which takes forever. I see all kinds of shit that isn't called that isn't supposed to be allowed. Traveling being the biggest offender that isn't called.
    I guess I don't like them letting it slide and allow the sloppy play.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Most the league makes the playoffs which takes forever. I see all kinds of shit that isn't called that isn't supposed to be allowed. Traveling being the biggest offender that isn't called.
      Traveling requires 5 steps in the NBA, I think. That seldom is necessary when nobody plays defense
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Did Detroit’s top need just change to WR or S? Is their draft board shook up at all from the suspensions?

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Watch Golden State/Sacramento. Lakers/Grizzlies. Or even Clippers/Suns if Kawhi plays. The level is up a few notches from the regular season

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Disagree. Playoff NBA is great
            To each his own.

Let me know the next time an NBA player leaves a game to get 70+ stitches and then returns to the game to take the remainder of his shifts . . . . . . NBA players are pampered babies by comparison, who's delicate egos have to be stroked and massaged just to get them to play . . . . . pfttt

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
              Moderate Skeptic
              • May 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

NBA faintly resembles basketball but not sure what they are really doing.
              It certainly isn't defense . . . . the NBA is far closer to professional wrestling than actual basketball . . . . . boring

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

It certainly isn't defense . . . . the NBA is far closer to professional wrestling than actual basketball . . . . . boring
                I was thinking synchronized land-swimming

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

To each his own.

Let me know the next time an NBA player leaves a game to get 70+ stitches and then returns to the game to take the remainder of his shifts . . . . . . NBA players are pampered babies by comparison, whose delicate egos have to be stroked and massaged just to get them to play . . . . . pfttt
                  Definitely to each his own. Hockey players are a different breed that’s for sure.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Traveling requires 5 steps in the NBA, I think. That seldom is necessary when nobody plays defense
                    Nope. Anything more than 3 steps. I sometimes see 4 and see them stop, hop , and then continue on which is also not allowed.
                    It used to be only 2 steps was allowed. when you are 6'9", 3 steps is covering a.lot of ground.

From Wiki
                    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trav...20two%20steps.

In basketball, traveling is a violation that occurs when a player takes too many steps without dribbling the ball. Traveling is also called, predominantly in a streetball game, "walking" or "steps". If the pivot foot is lifted, a pass or try for made basket must be made before the pivot foot is replaced to the floor. In the NBA and FIBA, players are also given a "gather step".

In the NBA and FIBA, when a player has taken more than three steps without the ball being dribbled, a traveling violation is called. The NCAA and NFHS do not allow two steps. In 2018, FIBA revised the rule so that one can take a "gather step" before taking the two steps. A travel can also be called via carrying or an unestablished pivot foot. If the pivot foot of a player changes or moves, it is considered traveling

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                      Moderate Skeptic
                      • May 2022
                      • Send PM

I was thinking synchronized land-swimming
                      Excellent! Much more accurate than wrestling (except for the refereeing) . . . . . . !

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

Nope. Anything more than 3 steps. I sometimes see 4 and see them stop, hop , and then continue on which is also not allowed.
                        It used to be only 2 steps was allowed. when you are 6'9", 3 steps is covering a.lot of ground.

From Wiki
                        https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trav...20two%20steps.

In basketball, traveling is a violation that occurs when a player takes too many steps without dribbling the ball. Traveling is also called, predominantly in a streetball game, "walking" or "steps". If the pivot foot is lifted, a pass or try for made basket must be made before the pivot foot is replaced to the floor. In the NBA and FIBA, players are also given a "gather step".

In the NBA and FIBA, when a player has taken more than three steps without the ball being dribbled, a traveling violation is called. The NCAA and NFHS do not allow two steps. In 2018, FIBA revised the rule so that one can take a "gather step" before taking the two steps. A travel can also be called via carrying or an unestablished pivot foot. If the pivot foot of a player changes or moves, it is considered traveling
                        When was the last time anyone saw 'carrying' called?

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2020
                          • Oklahoma
                          • Send PM

Did Detroit’s top need just change to WR or S? Is their draft board shook up at all from the suspensions?
                          I don't think so since it's 6 games. They scare me at 18 as a team who might take Bijan even with Montgomery and Swift(in his last year). Holmes and Campbell want to control the LOS above all I think.

Comment

Working...
                          X