• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

And those sweeps happen because of how lucky they are/get. The games have always been close since Herbert came to the scene.
    lucky? if you consider getting tons of help from the NFL and the referees luck I guess yeah, they're lucky as fuck...
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post
      When last year's schedule came out we all thought Titans/Colts/Rams/Broncos to end the season was a gauntlet while the Jags/Texans/Browns/Seahawks would all be pretty easy in the first half. It's hard to take much from the schedule release besides bye week and travel advantages/disadvantages. I don't think the non-division home opponents are particularly bad from an opposing fan invasion perspective except for the Cowboys of course. We have the Pats in Foxborough, it would be nice to beat that stupid franchise for the first time in like 15 years.
      nobody knows which teams will win the handful of close ones vs lose them and flip the orders between 2-4 in many divisions, or even disrupt a #1 standing with a few more "flips". it changes every year as you well note the failed predictions of last year. Same as the year before, and before and before since time began. Last year's SoS will not be the final SoS after the season is over, it never is. Aside from the top maybe 3 teams, they are all closer to each other than folks admit and footballs bounce funny, refs get temporary cases of the vapors, guys get injured, a few party till 2:30am before the game, someone's in the bathroom deflating a few balls, bad buffet grub, on and on and on.

If it were as simple as the best team (from last year) always wins, KC will be 17-0, Philly will also be 17-0 unless they play KC in which they will be 16-1, etc etc. Pundits will guess at final standings before the season, random chance says only a few will guess right. most will be around the 60% right, maybe (my guess). some will be wildly wrong.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

And those sweeps happen because of how lucky they are/get. The games have always been close since Herbert came to the scene.
        this is the year of the Flip.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

this is the year of the Flip.
          Good moto - "Year of the Flip"

I like it
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Good moto - "Year of the Flip"

I like it
            QJ can execute a mean backflip

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

TBilly cut again, Niners let him go. He's on the market again.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Can we sign him, just to cut him? What’s the record for a player being cut, let’s help him out to be #1!

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                  Can we sign him, just to cut him? What’s the record for a player being cut, let’s help him out to be #1!
                  I think we should fill 50 pages of posts talking about it.

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

:snort:

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

The first time Herbert showed off his cannon of an arm was on this play, the third start of his career. He took the snap, retreated to the Chargers' 36 yard line, then launched a pass 65+ yards over the top of one of the best defenses in the NFL and dropped into the WR's arms at the goal line. The WR was Tyron Johnson, who had split Tampa's safeties and were trying in vain to catch up to him. Watching the game on TV, we had no friggin' idea who in the hail that WR was, "just elevated off the practice squad." Tampa's DB was in a state of shock, but I think Chargers fans were too. I'd never seen a Chargers' QB make a throw quite like that. But I was also thinking, "Tyron Johnson!?! Who the eff is that?" Them was heady times. We as fans were beginning to comprehend what the Chargers had in Herbert. He threw another bomb for a TD off his back foot to Jalen Guyton later in that game, then the following week in NO against another elite defense he threw missiles all over the field for four TD passes. That two game stretch at Tampa and NO on the road, where he threw 7 combined TD passes, cemented Herbert's status as the league's best young QB. It was TBilly who caught the first eye-popping bomb off Herbert's arm, and to me it will always be part of Chargers' lore.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

GM Brandon Beane insisted the Cowboys were going to draft not a lineman but a TE before them. Cowboys went with Mazi Smith DT/Mich.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                          The first time Herbert showed off his cannon of an arm was on this play, the third start of his career. He took the snap, retreated to the Chargers' 36 yard line, then launched a pass 65+ yards over the top of one of the best defenses in the NFL and dropped into the WR's arms at the goal line. The WR was Tyron Johnson, who had split Tampa's safeties and were trying in vain to catch up to him. Watching the game on TV, we had no friggin' idea who in the hail that WR was, "just elevated off the practice squad." Tampa's DB was in a state of shock, but I think Chargers fans were too. I'd never seen a Chargers' QB make a throw quite like that. But I was also thinking, "Tyron Johnson!?! Who the eff is that?" Them was heady times. We as fans were beginning to comprehend what the Chargers had in Herbert. He threw another bomb for a TD off his back foot to Jalen Guyton later in that game, then the following week in NO against another elite defense he threw missiles all over the field for four TD passes. That two game stretch at Tampa and NO on the road, where he threw 7 combined TD passes, cemented Herbert's status as the league's best young QB. It was TBilly who caught the first eye-popping bomb off Herbert's arm, and to me it will always be part of Chargers' lore.

We will see more of those this year.

Comment

Working...
                          X