• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I'm not saying he would've taken a big discount to play with a QB/team such as Herbert/Chargers, but I think he would've taken a little less money in order to have a chance at a Super Bowl. I think jammies is right, teams like the Chargers, Chiefs, Bills, Bengals weren't interested.
    you don't have to - i will. I'm saying he wouldn't take a discount, any discount. none. zip. Sure he'd prefer top pay on a top team, but his choice is money. I don't fault him one bit. I'm just glad he didnt go to an AFC contender.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

DeAndre Hopkins. Not DUSTIN Hopkins.
      Kickers make more than RBs, not WRs
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

The Rams are paying the price for loading up to win the Super Bowl. They rewarded Matt Stafford with an ill-advised contract last in March 2022 and now they reportedly want to unload him. I guess he underwhelmed last season and now they believe he is heading downhill fast. Reportedly they were quietly seeking a trade, but no takers with his out-sized contract. Now they want him to restructure, but he is refusing. Makes me thankful the other LA team has a young QB who is just entering his prime.

Comment

• WindsorUK
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Windsor, U.K.
          • Send PM

The Rams are paying the price for loading up to win the Super Bowl. They rewarded Matt Stafford with an ill-advised contract last in March 2022 and now they reportedly want to unload him. I guess he underwhelmed last season and now they believe he is heading downhill fast. Reportedly they were quietly seeking a trade, but no takers with his out-sized contract. Now they want him to restructure, but he is refusing. Makes me thankful the other LA team has a young QB who is just entering his prime.
          Yeah, I'm sure the Rams and their fans are really bummed for going all in for a championship....we should be so lucky.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

He sat out the last several games last season with an elbow/arm issue. Not a great injury for a 35 year old QB. They don't have anybody waiting in the wings either.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Yeah, I'm sure the Rams and their fans are really bummed for going all in for a championship....we should be so lucky.
              We'll compete in the finals this year. Let's see what shape we're in when we get there. 2023 could be our lucky season

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

DeAndre Hopkins. Not DUSTIN Hopkins.
                Oops...too many Hoppies hopping around...

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                  French Speaking Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Québec city
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

We'll compete in the finals this year. Let's see what shape we're in when we get there. 2023 could be our lucky season
                  2023, it's 2 + 0 + 2 + 3 = 7
                  That's how you got your lucky season ?

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Best thing for the Rams to do now is to quietly let all the overpriced vets finish their deals, no more extensions, then grin and bear it while they rebuild the next few years through the draft...
                    (They might even get a few 5th round comp picks for some of those overpriced vets also...)

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Trade the farm for Aaron Donald.
                      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                        Awesome player. AD couldn't carry LAR.

I'd stick with what we have, maybe add depth and win with O as planned.
                        Staley has two years and a lot of thought and money invested in what we have on this team..
                        Sink or swim Brandon. You built this.

(I say this to appease the haters. I believe we'll do well in postseason play)

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                          If magically given the cap space to afford him, without crippling the rest of the team, I'd be a fan of the idea.

Comment

Working...
                          X