• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TexanBeerlover
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    I wouldn’t replace Stick. But I would replace Duggan. It’s the most important position in the game, I’d always be looking to maximize the talent at the position. Within the salary cap of course.
    Duggan has a higher ceiling than Stick at fraction of the cost. That is maximizing position.

Cowboys cut Cooper Rush last year and I was banging the drum to sign him.

I do not understand the Stick love?

Comment

• Heatmiser
      BetterToday ThanYesterday
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Duggan has a higher ceiling than Stick at fraction of the cost. That is maximizing position.

I am with you. Was really hoping Rush was signed when he got waived last year.

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Which is another problem. Teams out there are doing what it takes to improve their teams why we sit and are satisfied with guy like Stick.

I do think one thing is that they know these guys personally and that is a factor in deciding to make the change and just let em go and sure it may be tough to say Stick is a great guy but when an upgrade is out there, you got to do it. I dont know him so its easy to say dump him for a better backup right now when you can.

Bellichick dont give a shit. You will be gone.
        What do you have to show us LAC is keeping players they should cut just because are buddies?
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Maybe not 'massive', but a real upgrade . . . . . . . . Stick has thrown 1 pass in the regular season . . . . . . . . We should wait - there may be someone even better released after Tuesday
          Grier has only thrown 52 passes in the regular season with 4 of those passes intercepted and no TDs. Not sure it's a real upgrade at all - and I say this as someone who is not a Stick fan.

I think we are stuck with Stick.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Ask Baby Spanos...he's the one that scouted Stick...

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

What do you have to show us LAC is keeping players they should cut just because are buddies?
              I did not say that.

I said it MAY be harder for some, whether it be Telesco or Staley, or even Johnboy,,....idk.. to move on from a player they know personally than it might be for some one that doesn't. Since JB boats that he scouted Stick, maybe it's him. For someone like me, I don't know them so I base it strictly on play and Stick sucks.
              I have no proof, just a wild theory.

Why else wouldn't you try and get better when you have an opportunity? We pass on trades, don't try and get something for our guys. Stick clearly isn't backup material. If they don't sign Grier then they better hope Herbert don't get injured......which we should hope anyways.
              Last edited by Boltjolt; 08-27-2023, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

KC cut Taco Charlton
                raiders cut TE OJ Howard.
                ​​​​​​​giants release OT Davenport.
                Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                  KC cut Taco Charlton
                  raiders cut TE OJ Howard.
                  ​​​​​​​giants release OT Davenport.
                  Taco gets injured a lot...a DE with only 0.5 sacks the past two years...pass...

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

The Bears released OT Alex Leatherwood. Remember him? The Raiders drafted him at #17 overall in 2021, the next OT taken after Rashawn Slater, four picks later. The Raiders released Leatherwood before the start of last season and the Bears claimed him. Now he's cut. Thank Gawd Slater was there at #13 because we might've ended up with Leatherwood.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      The Bears released OT Alex Leatherwood. Remember him? The Raiders drafted him at #17 overall in 2021, the next OT taken after Rashawn Slater, four picks later. The Raiders released Leatherwood before the start of last season and the Bears claimed him. Now he's cut. Thank Gawd Slater was there at #13 because we might've ended up with Leatherwood.
                      Leatherneck must pretty bad to get cut by two teams in two years...I think he's the worst Raider OT bust since Robert Gallery...

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

I thought the Raiders or Carolina would draft Slater. I'm very happy he was still there. If he were gone, I wanted Christian Darrisaw.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Read a Bears article this morning that declared that the Bears 'fixed' Leatherwood'.

Comment

Working...
                          X