• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Oh looked like you asked if he started lol. Not sure if he was RB2. Perhaps, probably.
    I think that was when we also had Oliver at RB. Wasn't he also a UDFA?
    He may have stared out as one, but he was 24 I think and we signed him that offseason.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

Maybe he'll go back to the CFL?
      I thought he was USFL - he was CFL too?
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• cmplxgal
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • New Jersey
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
        I thought he was USFL - he was CFL too?

Actually, I was wrong. He played briefly in the XFL in 2020 before joining the Chargers:

Didn't the Chargers have a couple of players from the CFL a few years ago? Maybe I'm misremembering.

Googling only comes up with Tevaughn Campbell, who played in the CFL before coming to the NFL, but he was with other NFL teams before he came to the Chargers.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

Actually, I was wrong. He played briefly in the XFL in 2020 before joining the Chargers:

Didn't the Chargers have a couple of players from the CFL a few years ago? Maybe I'm misremembering.

Googling only comes up with Tevaughn Campbell, who played in the CFL before coming to the NFL, but he was with other NFL teams before he came to the Chargers.
          XFL! Thats it, i get it confused with USFL as they both sucked and were unwatchable (imo), and I didn’t care enough about him to look it up. None of us did lol

I thought we had one here or there in the past that were ex CFL? We have a couple Canadians but they weren’t CFL. Leonard and Covington are from Canada, not sure if any others

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Parham was from the CFL iirc.

Edit: opps, XFL
            Last edited by 21&500; 08-31-2023, 06:42 AM.
            Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• cmplxgal
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • New Jersey
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
              Parham was from the CFL iirc.

Edit: opps, XFL

OK, that's what it was. I thought I remembered that the Chargers brought in two players from another league at the same time. I thought it was the CFL, but it must have been Norton and Parham who both arrived after the XFL shut down in 2020 due to Covid.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

The race to the bottom?

ESPN believes Raiders could move WR Davante Adams before trade deadline

Marcus Mosher
                Thu, August 31, 2023 at 7:45 AM PDT·2 min read

In a recent article by NFL insider Dan Graziano of ESPN, he made some bold predictions heading into the 2023 NFL season. One of which was that the Raiders could consider shopping Davante Adams before the trade deadline if the team struggles out of the gate.

Here is a snippet of what Graziano had to say about the All-Pro receiver for the Raiders and the likelihood that he could be dealt this year:
                I’m not saying they’ll trade him. I don’t know if they’d even consider it. But the Raiders are likely going to be terrible this season, and Adams went there to play with a quarterback who got benched before Adams’ first season with the team ended and is now in New Orleans.

If he doesn’t believe he fits in the Jimmy Garoppolo-led offense, and if the Raiders’ season gets off to a bad start, Adams could absolutely start making noise about wanting out. And coach Josh McDaniels has never been shy about trading away players he doesn’t believe fit his program.

Why we aren’t saying that Adams has zero chance of being traded this year, it feels very, very unlikely. Adams has always been a team-first player and it doesn’t make a lot of sense to move him during the year. If they are going to trade Adams, doing so during the 2024 offseason makes much more sense, if that’s the route they decide to go.

But the Raiders want to be competitive this year and having Adams on the roster gives them the best chance to do so. And with Josh McDaniels already on the hot seat, giving up their best offensive player certainly won’t help them win many games.

Don’t expect Adams to get traded during the 2024 season unless disaster strikes in Las Vegas.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                  The race to the bottom?

ESPN believes Raiders could move WR Davante Adams before trade deadline

Marcus Mosher
                  Thu, August 31, 2023 at 7:45 AM PDT·2 min read

In a recent article by NFL insider Dan Graziano of ESPN, he made some bold predictions heading into the 2023 NFL season. One of which was that the Raiders could consider shopping Davante Adams before the trade deadline if the team struggles out of the gate.

Here is a snippet of what Graziano had to say about the All-Pro receiver for the Raiders and the likelihood that he could be dealt this year:
                  I’m not saying they’ll trade him. I don’t know if they’d even consider it. But the Raiders are likely going to be terrible this season, and Adams went there to play with a quarterback who got benched before Adams’ first season with the team ended and is now in New Orleans.

If he doesn’t believe he fits in the Jimmy Garoppolo-led offense, and if the Raiders’ season gets off to a bad start, Adams could absolutely start making noise about wanting out. And coach Josh McDaniels has never been shy about trading away players he doesn’t believe fit his program.

Why we aren’t saying that Adams has zero chance of being traded this year, it feels very, very unlikely. Adams has always been a team-first player and it doesn’t make a lot of sense to move him during the year. If they are going to trade Adams, doing so during the 2024 offseason makes much more sense, if that’s the route they decide to go.

But the Raiders want to be competitive this year and having Adams on the roster gives them the best chance to do so. And with Josh McDaniels already on the hot seat, giving up their best offensive player certainly won’t help them win many games.

Don’t expect Adams to get traded during the 2024 season unless disaster strikes in Las Vegas.
                  you need to be a very moronic NFL coach to not "fit" Adams into your offense. He can do it all, run all the routes, and excel at everything he does. This article sounds like a preseason make-shit-up hypothetical by Graziano.

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Gil Brandt is on the Mount Rushmore of football personnel men. RIP

Brandt is credited with being the first in the NFL to use computers to enter number grades for prospects at each position in evaluation for the NFL draft and the first to test prospects' mental makeup under pressure through psychological testing.

Using that computer system as a guide, he oversaw the drafting of or signed nine players who went on to be inducted into the Hall of Fame: defensive lineman Bob Lilly, his first selection in 1960; defensive back Mel Renfro (1964); wide receiver Bob Hayes (1965); Roger Staubach (1964); offensive tackle Rayfield Wright (1967); defensive back Cliff Harris (signed as undrafted free agent in 1970); defensive tackle Randy White (1975); running back Tony Dorsett (1977); and wide receiver Michael Irvin (1988).

Tony Dorsett.png
                    I have three Tony Dorsett cards from 1978 as I asked for a Topps unopened wax box for my birthday.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Whoa, I didn't know Brandt passed away. He was pretty old though.
                      RIP Gil Brandt

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

1985 playoff game, Rams at home in Anaheim against the Cowboys. Eric Dickerson rushed for a playoff record 248 yards. That was no slack Cowboys line either, Ed Jones, Harvey Martin and Randy White. This is every carry of that game.

I was watching this game on CBS in 1977 when Walter Payton went off for 275 yards. Unreal.​

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

In September of 1978, my cousin won the Beat The Pros pro football picks in the local Public Opinion newspaper, where contestants pick the games of the week - straight up - against the paper's sportswriters. I said, 'I can do that.' I won the first time I entered, and I found out when my name was in the paper. I was 11. $25 dollars was heavy bread for a kid that age.

Comment

Working...
                          X