• Show
Clear All
  • rensoul
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2023
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

#Cowboys

When your team has a bad game, look at the grades on your offensive line. Cowboys offensive line had three below-average to failing grades at three out of five positions along the offensive line.
    Those 3 below average to failing grades were from the Cowboys back up players. They had guys out due to injuries, really important guys like a future HOF guard in Martin, pro bowl OC Biadasz and a multiple All-Pro LT in Tyron Smith.
    That will skew the grades.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post

Those 3 below average to failing grades were from the Cowboys back up players. They had guys out due to injuries, really important guys like a future HOF guard in Martin, pro bowl OC Biadasz and a multiple All-Pro LT in Tyron Smith.
      That will skew the grades.
      That's the point. Consistency. Austin Ekeler said so two weeks ago. This Cowboy group was whipped by the Cardinals, a team that most feel is the worst organization in football.

Comment

• rensoul
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2023
        • Send PM

That's the point. Consistency. Austin Ekeler said so two weeks ago. This Cowboy group was whipped by the Cardinals, a team that most feel is the worst organization in football.
        It's hard to have consistency when there are unexpected injuries. Especially to three pro bowl caliber players at one position group.
        It would be like Lindsey, Slater, and Salyer all being injured for a game and then blaming the O-line for poor blocking and saying they just need "to be more consistent."

Doesn't make much sense.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

It's hard to have consistency when there are unexpected injuries. Especially to three pro bowl caliber players at one position group.
          It would be like Lindsey, Slater, and Salyer all being injured for a game and then blaming the O-line for poor blocking and saying they just need "to be more consistent."

Doesn't make much sense.
          Easy to grasp you cannot have 20 point falloff in productivity at a position and remain competitive. Plenty of programs can coach players up. I am making a distinction about the level of starters and the level of backups on a professional football and you keep bring up post-season accolades. Fuck them and pay attention to the grades to the backups. That's where the real games are won and lost at the next level.

Comment

• rensoul
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2023
            • Send PM

Easy to grasp you cannot have 20 point falloff in productivity at a position and remain competitive. Plenty of programs can coach players up. I am making a distinction about the level of starters and the level of backups on a professional football and you keep bring up post-season accolades. Fuck them and pay attention to the grades to the backups. That's where the real games are won and lost at the next level.
            Wow, it's earth shattering analysis that without Tyron Smith, Zack Martin, and Tyler Biadasz that the O-line would struggle.
            Next time we see Will Clapp, Foster Sarrell and Jaimes all starting I'll remember to blame the coaches for the drop off in performance and not take into consideration the actual talent and ability of the players as well.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Wow, it's earth shattering analysis that without Tyron Smith, Zack Martin, and Tyler Biadasz that the O-line would struggle.
              Next time we see Will Clapp, Foster Sarrell and Jaimes all starting I'll remember to blame the coaches for the drop off in performance and not take into consideration the actual talent and ability of the players as well.
              Look. He did it again. You're just all about those accolades, as that the only THIRD time you told me. Wanna go for four?

Comment

• rensoul
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2023
                • Send PM

Look. He did it again. You're just all about those accolades, as that the only THIRD time you told me. Wanna go for four?
                I don't think it's a secret that those 3 missing starters are good players and missing 3 O-line starters is likely going to cause a problem to just about any team.

Unless there is a conspiracy of giving "accolades," going on I have no idea what hole you're trying to dig out of at this point.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I don't think it's a secret that those 3 missing starters are good players and missing 3 O-line starters is likely going to cause a problem to just about any team.

Unless there is a conspiracy of giving "accolades," going on I have no idea what hole you're trying to dig out of at this point.
                  So....you're saying Jerry Jones should have sent a letter that they cannot play on Sunday - due to their offensive line state - and full refunds should be issued to season ticket holders as the THREE PRO BOWL offensive talent will not be appearing and fans will surely understand, and the league should reschedule.

Or, just hear me out...we could talk about the offensive line coach getting players coached-up and ready-to-play? #NextManUp

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Coin Flip with Denver?
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• rensoul
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2023
                      • Send PM

So....you're saying Jerry Jones should have sent a letter that they cannot play on Sunday - due to their offensive line state - and full refunds should be issued to season ticket holders as the THREE PRO BOWL offensive talent will not be appearing and fans will surely understand, and the league should reschedule.

Or, just hear me out...we could talk about the offensive line coach getting players coached-up and ready-to-play? #NextManUp
                      I'm not going to pretend that having to cover for 3 pro bowl caliber players in one position group with fringe backups is likely to provide comparable results. Just like I wouldn't expect Clapp, Jaimes, and Sarrell to provide the quality of play of Slater, Lindsley and Salyer. I think that would be pretty stupid to expect that.

O-line coaches can make a difference but expecting them to replace 3 pro bowlers with equivalent play of the guys they are replacing with fringe players in week 3 is not a good bet.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

The guy with the best opportunity to help backup olinemen is the guy with the ball in his hands, followed closely by the OC. As much as we bagged on Lombardi last year for the short / quick passing game - there was a reason why he went there . . . . . . . . . his problem was he couldn't do anything ELSE

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

The guy with the best opportunity to help backup olinemen is the guy with the ball in his hands, followed closely by the OC. As much as we bagged on Lombardi last year for the short / quick passing game - there was a reason why he went there . . . . . . . . . his problem was he couldn't do anything ELSE
                          #70 Kendall Lamm and RT #73 Austin Jackson were superb in short-sets against the Chargers front four. Combined with Tua's release time, the OC schemed their way past LT Terron Armstead being ready to go. Winning football.

Comment

Working...
                          X