• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

inexcusable from the TE. jmo, if you stay on the field for the play, you run it like a pro. If you're not going to run it like a pro, you go to the ground and start screaming in agony as if a bright green pimple just burst all over your skirt.

I'd still bet coaches didnt even see him - which is a fail on their part, yes. thats some junior assistant coach's job, the HC nor OC cannot be making spot health checks of all 11 players between every play. Maybe HC and OC never taught Jr Asst Coach to do this, very possible.

We will never know if coaches knew, but we will always know that Everett knew. he is maybe the only guy on the field that FOR SURE KNEW he was not ready or able for that play. Players have a responsibility when they are on the field and either make sure its not snapped by going down "injured" or else fucking gutting it out. He hung Herbie out to dry on that play.

no, no, no. There's 10,000 other things to blame Staley for. that play will forever be more Everett's fault than anyone else on the planet. Wasn't this play 2 yrs ago though? was it last yr? i can't remember anymore.
    Okay, so Everett should have staggered to the ground and THEN tapped out...at least to stop the hurry-up O and get Staley's attention...okay, I'll go along with that...so we'll deduct that one from Staley's 10,000 Things To Blame Him For, and on the bright side, we're now down to only 9,999 Things to Blame Him For...so if it was a song, it would be:

"10,000 Things To Blame Staley For,
    10,000 Things To Blame...
    You Take One Down and Pass It Around...
    Nine thousand nine hundred ninety-nine Things To Blame Staley For..."

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
      Coulda had Henry for a few dollars more... just saying.

Gus Edwards has 699 NFL carries. Derrick Henry has 2030. Edwards' career ypc is 4.9 compared to Henry's 4.7. At this point in time, I might prefer Edwards over Henry.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

His helmet will bounce back higher on turf, avoid a potential bending injury

Ah yes - I didn't consider that. Grass turf may be of some value after all . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2022
          • White Rock, BC Canada
          • Send PM

Chiefs just restructured Mahomes to clear 21.6 million in cap space. i wonder what they are up to in their quest for the first ever 3-peat.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Gus Edwards has 699 NFL carries. Derrick Henry has 2030. Edwards' career ypc is 4.9 compared to Henry's 4.7. At this point in time, I might prefer Edwards over Henry.
            I'm not terribly upset I just think it was a lost opportunity to pair Roman and with Henry's last legs.
            no one commands the attention on the ground the way DH does imho even with his 331 more carries.
            It's that systemic influence on the offense I'm more interested in over the stats.
            Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Reportedly, the Raiders are close to acquiring Justin Fields from the Bears. I felt the Raiders were the most obvious choice to get Fields after the Falcons and Steelers went in different directions. But then they signed Minshew Man. If true, are they are planning QB by committee?

https://www.si.com/nfl/chargers/news...t-rival-mb2002
              I watched Rappaport say it's all quiet right now on the Fields front and might be a before the draft trade or on draft day.

Who knows

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Okay, so Everett should have staggered to the ground and THEN tapped out...at least to stop the hurry-up O and get Staley's attention...okay, I'll go along with that...so we'll deduct that one from Staley's 10,000 Things To Blame Him For, and on the bright side, we're now down to only 9,999 Things to Blame Him For...so if it was a song, it would be:

100 % on the coaches that play.

There are still 10,000 reasons why Staley sucked in my book.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post
                  Chiefs just restructured Mahomes to clear 21.6 million in cap space. i wonder what they are up to in their quest for the first ever 3-peat.
                  I think they are just moving money to get under the cap before tomorrow. They were $6m over the cap and this gets them $15m under

They will sign Jones which will take some cap space. But probably trade Sneed which will give back cap space

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Reportedly, the Raiders are close to acquiring Justin Fields from the Bears. I felt the Raiders were the most obvious choice to get Fields after the Falcons and Steelers went in different directions. But then they signed Minshew Man. If true, are they are planning QB by committee?

https://www.si.com/nfl/chargers/news...t-rival-mb2002
                    Minshew, Fields, TT is gonna collect the whole set of almost-NFL QBs. He’s late to the Tyron Train, alas.

Lol. Bring it home, Tom!
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

No, he’s still got 10,000. That woulda been 10.001. Anything to save us from that song …
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Ridley wants to stay in Jax so it's up to Jax. If they make him an offer, he is staying.
                        The thing is that Jax is waiting until the new league year because if they sign him now that 3rd rounder that they still owe Atlanta turns into a 2nd rounder...he's staying in Jax, NE is being obtuse thinking that LA is just going to release the guys, we'll see...
                        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Yes you are a Chargers homer

Comment

Working...
                          X