• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    Vikings fans and media are in love with the idea of Minn trading for Justin Herbert. It's a pipe dream, but you can't blame them for dreaming. Herbert went into Minn last season and shredded the Vikes' D to pieces for 4 TDs, remember that game? That's why there is all this clamoring coming from up that way.

https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-v...hargers-trade/
    Keenan also had a career day in MN.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

More like ; 'Commanders continue providing soft landings for Chargers rejects'. Didn't they watch any of our games last year?

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

More like ; 'Commanders continue providing soft landings for Chargers rejects'. Didn't they watch any of our games last year?
        I'm not the one who wrote the headline, FYI. lol

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Somebody tweeted the idea that the Vikes' move back into the first round might be to target Herbert in a trade. Other media/pundits have picked up on it, mostly out of wishful thinking with no basis in reality. Vikes fans are in QB purgatory, desperately seeking a way out. They watched Herbert have a Mahomes-esque game against the Vikes last season and they are desperately grabbing at straws.
          They have a much better chance at Tua. Miami hasn't even given him an extension yet. May not.
          Bet they dont want him though lol

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

None of.our FAs are getting big contracts. What's that say? Telesco is a bad drafter.

All these Raider fans keep saying he got us a talented roster. FAcy disagrees. What's the highest paid guy getting? 11 mil for 2 years? Oh wait ..Murray got 2 for 15. Incentives for 18. Still not big. 5th round comp?

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

None of.our FAs are getting big contracts. What's that say? Telesco is a bad drafter.

All these Raider fans keep saying he got us a talented roster. FAcy disagrees. What's the highest paid guy getting? 11 mil for 2 years?
              KA traded for low pick due to salary...

K9 signed a decent contract so he was Stalyeed...

Mike Williams...serious injury....so time will tell for recovery...

Michael Davis....Stalyeed

Kendricks...Signed By Dallas...Stalyeed

Eckler...Bad season....Moored....
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

They have a much better chance at Tua. Miami hasn't even given him an extension yet. May not.
                Bet they dont want him though lol
                What draft compensation do you think Tua is worth now? Would trade a mid first rounder for him? I don't think I would go higher than a second round pick for him.
                Last edited by Velo; 03-18-2024, 04:33 PM.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

and Chicago picking the best of the rest...
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• colorado
                    Fan since '62
                    • Jun 2023
                    • Desert Rat
                    • Nothing but time on my hands
                    • Send PM

It all depends on whether Williams is the real deal . . . . . . . . . . . plenty of 'can't miss' QB's have failed. Herbert was a 'bird in the hand' so to speak. Williams is a TBD . . . . . . . . . . IMO - if money was Keenan's primary motivation he should have stayed in LA.
                    I'm like you, I think Williams is going to have a hard time in the NFL. Bigger and faster line men. All it takes is for him to get hit a few times, well see if he's all hype.

you can tell I'm not a big Kaleb Williams fan.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                      Superbowl?
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Los Angeles/Chicago
                      • Send PM

Vikings fans and media are in love with the idea of Minn trading for Justin Herbert. It's a pipe dream, but you can't blame them for dreaming. Herbert went into Minn last season and shredded the Vikes' D to pieces for 4 TDs, remember that game? That's why there is all this clamoring coming from up that way.

https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-v...hargers-trade/
                      Seeing us give up on Keenan makes me think the haul we could get for JH in picks less money more cap JJ at 5 Bowers at 11 OL or CB or WR at 23, if JH1 & JH2 walked away from Keenan who they have no attachments to they could to JH0 whom they have no attachment to and JH1 has attachment to JJ

Would it be that terrible?

I would still miss Rivers and Fouts more than JH.

JH could of been the best of them all but pre broken rib JH amazing post broken ribs average

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by colorado View Post

I'm like you, I think Williams is going to have a hard time in the NFL. Bigger and faster line men. All it takes is for him to get hit a few times, well see if he's all hype.

you can tell I'm not a big Kaleb Williams fan.

Agreed . . . . . . . . . he may do well, he's got ability - but what's between the ears? Someone else said he's been coddled - I believe that's true to a certain extent. It will be interesting how (if) he can handle it when things don't go well . . . . . . .

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

All these Raider fans keep saying he got us a talented roster. FAcy disagrees. What's the highest paid guy getting? 11 mil for 2 years? Oh wait ..Murray got 2 for 15. Incentives for 18. Still not big. 5th round comp?
                          Telesco had some good first round hits, several of them being no-brainers or luck (such as Miami taking Tua over Herbert and Derwin James falling to him). That is where his reputation comes from. But look past the first round and his drafting generally sucked. (Maybe Baby Spanos had a role in the repeated misses, he was deeply involved in the draft during the Telesco regime.) I would also say that Telesco's decisions on FA contracts - who to give them to, the amounts, the timing - were suspect, not well-managed.

Comment

Working...
                          X