• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet 1
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Kauai
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

He's 35 yrs old...At that age you have to expect this especially the money he's getting paid. I think Atlanta is fine having Penix sit on the bench for two years.
    100M in 2 years for Cousins is crazy. Especially if they were interested in drafting a QB from the start. I dont know it just feels like bad business from the Falcons. And i think the Cousins Is LIvid reports might be overblown or he is just making it a bigger deal than it needs to be. I know hes 35...but he will end up getting 100M from them in 2 years. Has a no trade clause. Thats a well played contract that he did himself. He has no agent.

Comment

• captaind
      Cook This Pork Chops
      • Jun 2013
      • Mars
      • Ball Holder
      • Send PM

He's 24 in May....that means 26 in two years...
      You know I'm being facetious. Just saying he was already one of the older QB's coming out, and now expected to sit for 2 more seasons?

Belichick is probably ecstatic right now that he wasn't hired in Atlanta. What an absolute cluster.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Kirk Cousins is an expert at sucking money out of QB desperate teams. Think of this as an investment that pays off in two years. Add in the fact that next year aint so hot at QB. I'm sure Atlanta is losing no sleep over this pick. Kirk just wants the money train for as long as possible.
        Atlanta just making another questionable pick is all. Took TE Pitts at #4, took a RB, Bijan at #8 and now a QB who is 24 at #8 who will sit a minimum 2 years. Its not my team so i dont care.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

100M in 2 years for Cousins is crazy. Especially if they were interested in drafting a QB from the start. I dont know it just feels like bad business from the Falcons. And i think the Cousins Is LIvid reports might be overblown or he is just making it a bigger deal than it needs to be. I know hes 35...but he will end up getting 100M from them in 2 years. Has a no trade clause. Thats a well played contract that he did himself. He has no agent.
          Maybe? But they really have an out after two years and only a small $40 mil hit if his skills drop off after even one year. He's not Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning so he needs to expect this. He wins you some games but he never produces in playoff scenarios. Him and Daniel Jones can just sail off into the sunset with their bundles of cash....
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Fleet 1
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Kauai
            • Send PM

Maybe? But they really have an out after two years and only a small $40 mil hit if his skills drop off after even one year. He's not Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning so he needs to expect this. He wins you some games but he never produces in playoff scenarios. Him and Daniel Jones can just sail off into the sunset with their bundles of cash....
            You just made my point with your other post. He is the master of milking teams for money. Again my whole point is that he wlll one day make a great agent. If he is truly upset they drafted Penix he shouldnt be. Even if the Falcons take that dead his in 2025? You know how much he still gets for playing 1 year of QB? Its like 90M.

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Fleet, I do think Cousins should be upset. They could have used that pick to make the team better now. For him. Instead they used it for someone who in no way makes the team better for Cousins.

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2020
                • Oklahoma
                • Send PM

The pick makes more sense to me than signing Cousins.
                I do not believe he makes them a contender.
                Would have rather used the money wisely and picked top 10 in every round again next year, and they very well could even now.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

liked the drafts for the Commanders, Saints & Bills....
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• northerner
                    Charger fan since '79
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                    Fleet, I do think Cousins should be upset. They could have used that pick to make the team better now. For him. Instead they used it for someone who in no way makes the team better for Cousins.

TG
                    totally agree. it is a two way street for Cousins and ATL. Cousins went there hoping to win, not be part of some 5 year plan.

Pick #8 is a day one starter: Odunze, OT, or ANY defensive player in the draft. if Penix fell to the end of the first round - then you can make a case for trading up and grabbing him (too good to pass up, etc.).

this feels like Rodgers and Jordan Love, part 2. at least with Rodgers, there were warning signs of a fractured relationship with mgmt. Cousins hasn't even played yet. LOL.

Comment

• Boltx
                      Dominate the day
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

You know I'm being facetious. Just saying he was already one of the older QB's coming out, and now expected to sit for 2 more seasons?

Belichick is probably ecstatic right now that he wasn't hired in Atlanta. What an absolute cluster.
                      I don't think Penix is even all that good.

Falcons in disarray.
                      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• TTThunder
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

If they really love Penix, at least trade down with MIN to 11 (before DV and LV) and get a pick...

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Not sure why Charger fans give two shits about Penix to ATL, I'm just glad that the Raiders missed out on all the QBs and I'm cautiously optimistic that Bo Nix was a huge fucking reach for the Donks...
                          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

Working...
                          X