• Show
Clear All
  • northerner
    Charger fan since '79
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

Because they are the Chiefs, lol.
    yeah, if anyone else had picked Worthy, people would have said "but he's just fast."

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
      Day One...
      • Mar 2019
      • Brentwood, 94513
      • Send PM

Can’t knock the Chiefs, they are doing something obviously right. So while it may be a reach to draft a really fast dude, it most of a luxury for them. So yes, it’s Fuck the Chiefs, but can’t knock their success.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

We all love CivilBolt, but I laughed when he threw the Slayer R3 pick to imply Telesco didn't have a disastrous R3 history.
        Agree - A GM should get a usable player in R3 most of the time. TT didn't. That Deadfoot OT he just took R3 @Vegas will be another trademark TT3 bust - perhaps coaches salvage him at OG, and I'd concede R3 is ok for an OG. But thats still an IF and he's not going to be a starting NFL OT so as far as addressing Raiders' need for another OT - he whiffed.
        That’s good. Because come trading camp he’s going to realize he needs an OT. And we have one available for trade.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Could be BS, but i read a Tweet that said Coleman has trouble reading a playbook. I guess some FL st coaches didnt directly say that but insinuated it.

So i wonder what his wonderlic score was if he cant read a football playbook which he should be good at?
          It’s unimportant. Lamar Jackson fell over intelligence concerns and he’s now a two time MVP.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

It’s unimportant. Lamar Jackson fell over intelligence concerns and he’s now a two time MVP.
            Dexter Manley couldn't read or write. No idea how he got thru college, but If you can play, you will. We had a receiver we bought out his contract from the CFL. ..Trumaine Johnson? I dont think he knew how to read a playbook either, or whatever issue he had.
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-29-2024, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Raiders signing former Cowboys receiver Gallup for $3m.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2018
                • Irmo, SC
                • Send PM

Jags releasing WR Zay Jones. May be worth a flier for some vet leadership in the locker room. Caught 82 passes 2 years ago.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

i had never studied the draft and point value by round as much i have for this draft (pick 5 and the WR need made it super interesting). the point chart really falls off after the 3rd round and some sites like Tankathon only track up to 100 players (which equates to 3 rounds). to routinely miss in round 3 is just bad news.

even the Keenan pick (TT's shining moment) - he should have been at least a GOOD player as a 3rd round pick, he turned out to be great. if he was a round 5 pick, then we could really applaud TT as a draft magician.

i am not trying to pile on TT either. look at Junior Colson - he is coming in as a guy expected to pull up the level of our LB play. if he can't make it onto the field like Woods and McKitty, it will be a disaster.
                  Slayer was a great pick, he dropped due to poor workouts while still recovering from injury (my guess on his less than stellar results) and the usual injury bugaboo risk concern. TT was fortunate his injury past did not affect his pro career.

But I shall continue to pile atop TT. Slayer was the only great Rd3 pick in over a decade. Give him a half-point for JP, I guess. Otherwise he constantly overdrafted players in Rd3 that had no business at all being drafted before Rd6, if at all. His LVR Rd3 pick this year was a consensus late Day3 pick that most scouts doubt can play OT at the NFL level (either side) - TT is carrying on the tradition and I'm thrilled to now watch it from afar.

TT was completely mediocre, average, he created mediocre average rosters his entire tenure. Great QB play (one he drafted, one he did not) consistently elevated the team from mediocre to average with the rare occasional blip up into playoff semi-contention but never once was there a realistic championship level of roster. His coaching hires were equally mediocre. He had two HOF-level QBs and could not produce more than average. That was his legacy, I was shocked and elated that LVR hired him given they had played against his weak teams for a decade.

Colson consensus rating a late Rd2 prospect on most boards. Excellent under-draft selection by Joe and Jim at a position of need - I watched many UM games (once lived in Detroit metro for 5 yrs, best friend was GOBLUE alum fanatic), he is a very good football player, my #2 LB in the draft. JH2 consistently under-drafted their selections AND it looks like they have an actual plan. Well done, men - nice change from TT's weird drafts that we would scratch our heads and try to rationalize afterwards and then cross our fingers.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

yeah, if anyone else had picked Worthy, people would have said "but he's just fast."
                    This. agree. I crossed him off of my WR draft list personally. He's a poor route runner, had high drop rate, gets jammed up by press coverage so they'll have to constantly motion him and try to keep him clean (restricting what they can do with the rest of the skill players), and he has legs as thin as twigs and is gonna get snapped in half, ... naw, I'm 100% fine with KC drafting him and think he'll underwhelm just like their last several attempts to augment and then replicate Hill.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Eurobolt
                      *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Send PM

A friend of mine huge Packers fan asked me what I think about drafting good characters (captains), atletic guys later in the draft (as Packers did that this year apperently).

I answered that Chargers were doing it for years and you cant teach tackling etc so we burned so many picks during TT as managment though coaches can teach all of the skills.

He checked 3rd rd pick and msg me with this:

"Tyron Hopper 22% missed tackles 91 pick'

xDDDD

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Slayer was a great pick, he dropped due to poor workouts while still recovering from injury (my guess on his less than stellar results) and the usual injury bugaboo risk concern. TT was fortunate his injury past did not affect his pro career.

But I shall continue to pile atop TT. Slayer was the only great Rd3 pick in over a decade. Give him a half-point for JP, I guess. Otherwise he constantly overdrafted players in Rd3 that had no business at all being drafted before Rd6, if at all. His LVR Rd3 pick this year was a consensus late Day3 pick that most scouts doubt can play OT at the NFL level (either side) - TT is carrying on the tradition and I'm thrilled to now watch it from afar.

TT was completely mediocre, average, he created mediocre average rosters his entire tenure. Great QB play (one he drafted, one he did not) consistently elevated the team from mediocre to average with the rare occasional blip up into playoff semi-contention but never once was there a realistic championship level of roster. His coaching hires were equally mediocre. He had two HOF-level QBs and could not produce more than average. That was his legacy, I was shocked and elated that LVR hired him given they had played against his weak teams for a decade.

Colson consensus rating a late Rd2 prospect on most boards. Excellent under-draft selection by Joe and Jim at a position of need - I watched many UM games (once lived in Detroit metro for 5 yrs, best friend was GOBLUE alum fanatic), he is a very good football player, my #2 LB in the draft. JH2 consistently under-drafted their selections AND it looks like they have an actual plan. Well done, men - nice change from TT's weird drafts that we would scratch our heads and try to rationalize afterwards and then cross our fingers.
                        Thank you!. Going back to the McCoy hire- -and I get he was just on the job a week, but Arians wanted the Chargers job. Telesco was around Arians that year in Indy with the Pagano illness - and maybe he was banging the desk for Arians and they still chose McCoyu - but that was a whiff

Telesco, as you said, overly reliant on QB and never built a roster. Look at OLine, the running game and defense. Pretty inconsistent over his 11 years

As for Colson - thanks for the scouting report -- he might just be wearing the Green Dot - he knows the defense

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

T-Billy still around, signs with the Cowboys

Comment

Working...
                          X