• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

What are the smoking in LA? Do they really think that little of Goff? I hope Tom Telesco isn't smoking any of that!
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

The Rams relied on their coaching staff to coach up later rounds picks, the Chargers stole their coaches. Good.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Stafford has been beaten up over his career. Broken back, broken ribs, shoulder issues. Hes not a young 33. More like Romo or Luck. That stuff takes a toll

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
          So Watson is now worth 4 #1s?
          If Deshaun Watson is worth 4 #1 picks, what is Jack Easterby worth?

The Patriots' team pastor becoming the top executive in Houston is a hell of a move. Pastor to NFL Executive is a tough jump.

dkzqciyxmt2fmk0dubap.jpeg

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
            Rams are headed the wrong direction.

Lions are headed the right direction.

When you compare both QBs in terms of win and losses. Goff has been far more successful. Of course it was all under McVay.

​​​​​​Stafford has the bigger arm. But Goff is more accurate.
            size. Stafford is 6'3 220. Goff 6'4 220

TD and INT ratio are almost identical.
            Stafford and Goff are both 2.3% INT And then Stafford is 4.5%TD and Goff 4.4%

​​​​​I think the Lions offensive line is in better shape moving forward than Rams oline. Both have good RB and TE. Rams have better WR. Lions need to add WR talent.

the Lions defense was dead last, while the Rams defense was #1. This is what will really help Stafford. He won't have to do it all. Goff should be able to do okay. He was used to a offense that want to run and set up play action passes for him. And that is what Lions will do for him too with Campbell, Lynn and Duece. So they should be okay on offense. But that defense is a big problem for Goff. He will have to try and outscore teams at times. And I dont think that is his game. He is a game manager type.

But Lions added two 1st rd picks to build the defense up.
            While the Rams still haven't had a 1st rd pick since drafting Goff. I'm all about being aggressive and using draft capital to build a team any way you can. But year after year after year of no 1st rd picks. Seems like this will catch up with Rams. And with Wilson and Rodgers and Brady in NFC. With the 49ers a solid organization. Cardinals and Murray are not easy win. Rams and Stafford are in a tough division.

While the Lions have only Rodgers to worry about. Bears and Vikings are alright. But in a QB driven league. I like Lions QB Goff a bit better than Bears QB and Vikings QB right now.

The future looks better for Lions in NFC North than for Rams in NFC West, but it is the Lions. But if I'm picking the winner of this trade moving forward. I think it was the Lions.
            I think Stafford is a much better QB than Goff. But I wouldn’t have done what the Rams did.

Anyways, here’s a snippet of the issues Goff was having this year.
            There was also some belief that part of McVay’s frustration stemmed from the fact that the changes he made to the offense this season, which were supposed to ease Goff’s discomfort when facing pressure and help him progress into higher-probability plays, simply did not take. The turnovers persisted, even though Goff totaled a career-low in air yards per attempt as the offense opted toward those shorter, lower-risk concepts. The Rams also lacked a true “deep threat” receiver who could have stretched the field, but that was by design, because they were moving toward those shorter pass concepts and catch-and-run plays.

“That’s not the world I want to live in,” McVay said, tellingly, during his exit interview in mid-January, of the Rams’ reliance on those higher-probability plays. “I think you have to create explosives. We have to create more.”

As the Rams prepared for the playoffs, reports of internal tension between McVay and Goff surfaced. Part of that had already bubbled to the surface when Goff bluntly remarked that he was not thrilled about McVay’s decision to start John Wolford in the wild-card round game vs. Seattle. Goff felt his surgically repaired thumb was functional enough to play, and he and McVay said they had decided to agree to disagree on the situation and try to move forward.

A little over a week later, after the Rams lost to the Packers in the divisional round, NFL Network’s Steve Wyche reported that, according to a source, the McVay and Goff “marriage” was in need of some “counseling.”

And that made McVay’s excitement about Wolford, who started in place of the injured Goff in Week 17 and vs. Seattle, feel downright predictive of Saturday night’s trade.

It wasn’t about the scoreboard or stat sheet with Wolford (the Rams scored only 18 points against a porous Arizona defense). It seemed to be more about the way Wolford moved the ball, and moved in and out of the pocket, that re-affirmed the direction in which McVay already had begun to lean.

It’s as though Wolford showed McVay what was possible with a quarterback with a different skill set, in accordance with McVay’s personal expectations.

McVay appreciated Wolford’s processing speed and how, even when his pocket broke down, Wolford was able to move and reset his launch point. The Rams could run more of the longer-developing plays (which were absent from a Goff-led offense this year) with Wolford or a similarly mobile quarterback, one who could move away from the pressure without having the play fully break down in the process.

Defenses have successfully pressured Goff with four players — creating less favorable offensive situations downfield — but Wolford’s ability to move demanded more attention with extra rushers. Free rushers couldn’t cover the bootlegs the Rams love to use, because Wolford got into them faster and moved them away from that pressure when needed. Against the Cardinals, whose defensive game plan dared Wolford to throw in an effort to contain the Rams’ run game, McVay appreciated how his entire offense and the quarterback weren’t dependent on successfully running the ball.

Those also are qualities Stafford possesses, and the Rams hope to utilize them over the next two to three seasons, with Wolford’s small sample size serving as a piece of the blueprint.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

The Rams relied on their coaching staff to coach up later rounds picks, the Chargers stole their coaches. Good.
              The Rams treat signing free agents or trading for players as the draft. No #1’s? Let’s get Jalen Ramsey who is better than a #1 that may or may not turn into something and get the league’s best corner. We’re sour on Goff. Let’s get a guy who could be a franchise qb for the next few years instead of the crapshoot of the draft

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

The Rams treat signing free agents or trading for players as the draft. No #1’s? Let’s get Jalen Ramsey who is better than a #1 that may or may not turn into something and get the league’s best corner. We’re sour on Goff. Let’s get a guy who could be a franchise qb for the next few years instead of the crapshoot of the draft
                Matthew Stafford, for all his elite arm talent has not shown me that he is a winner.

Les Snead is at a Tom Telesco level.

Whitworth wanted to play for LAR.

It's a house of cards.

Time after time, year after year after year, Stafford and the Lions have put up L's.

As much as you have pointed this type of thing out with Philip Rivers,
                and as much as you have saluted TB12,
                can you not see how out to lunch this move is ?

Kroenke is clearly trippin' about Deano.

Meanwhile, Goff goes to a team with Decker, Ragnow, Swift, Hockenson
                and a draft very deep and very top heavy at WR.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Matthew Stafford, for all his elite arm talent has not shown me that he is a winner.

Les Snead is at a Tom Telesco level.

Whitworth wanted to play for LAR.

It's a house of cards.

Time after time, year after year after year, Stafford and the Lions have put up L's.

As much as you have pointed this type of thing out with Philip Rivers,
                  and as much as you have saluted TB12,
                  can you not see how out to lunch this move is ?

Kroenke is clearly trippin' about Deano.

Meanwhile, Goff goes to a team with Decker, Ragnow, Swift, Hockenson
                  and a draft very deep and very top heavy at WR.
                  Oh I am with you. I think Stafford is fool’s gold. He’s beaten up and hasn’t shown that he’s a real leader. He’s Jay Cutler.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Oh I am with you. I think Stafford is fool’s gold. He’s beaten up and hasn’t shown that he’s a real leader. He’s Jay Cutler.
                    He’s definitely better than Cutler. Just not worth what the Rams gave up for him. But I think he’ll do really well in McVay’s offense as long as he stays healthy.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Ha ha.
                        Oh you like it spicey ?
                        Weren't you the first to point out
                        ​​​​how Deano is taking Stan to the cleaners ?
                        No way to treat a landlord.
                        Get out of the way John,
                        Daddy's back.

:chuckle:
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Ha ha.
                          Oh you like it spicey ?
                          Weren't you the first to point out
                          ​​​​how Deano is taking Stan to the cleaners ?
                          No way to treat a landlord.
                          Get out of the way John,
                          Daddy's back.

:chuckle:
                          You bet he is. Stole his coach, doesn’t pay rent and has the most exciting QB in LA.

top it off by getting Donald.

Comment

Working...
                          X