• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Starting out with a high asking price is usual bargaining strategy...Chuckie and Mikie would probably eagerly take one late first rounder, maybe even a 2nd and a 5th...
    Why? Carr was a top 10 QB last season. Those picks won't land you Watson. Now if Miami offers two firsts and a third.... Which is crazy then that's different.
    More ammo for Watson.

But I doubt they get those type of offers a D being a top 10 QB last year would be kinda dumb to trade him. How would they get Gus players? Lol

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Why? Carr was a top 10 QB last season. Those picks won't land you Watson. Now if Miami offers two firsts and a third.... Which is crazy then that's different.
      More ammo for Watson.

But I doubt they get those type of offers a D being a top 10 QB last year would be kinda dumb to trade him. How would they get Gus players ? Lol
      Ha ha.
      Can't wait to see LVR
      try to play defense next year.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

More on the Luck Rumor from Mac and AJ.....

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

More ammo for Watson.

But I doubt they get those type of offers a D being a top 10 QB last year would be kinda dumb to trade him. How would they get Gus players? Lol
          I was referring to the stand-alone price for peddling Carr to any team that wants to deal for him...not the price to trade for Watson...

Speaking of Gus, if you were a FA defensive player, would YOU like to play in Bradley's defense/

Comment

• Heatmiser
            BetterToday ThanYesterday
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I always liked Carr, despite him being a Raider. However, he is at his ceiling so what you see is what you get. He is a middle of the pack QB, who won't lose you games but also won't win them. He is not elite, cannot carry the team to victory, and is not someone you build your team around. But if you have a solid defense and a good OL, you can plug him in and win a lot of games. Gruden has never had a superstar QB. His whole coaching career, it has been retreads or average players like Carr. Wierd. Some of that is just talent and roster selection. But some of it is Gruden may not be the offensive genius he is portrayed to be.

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Derek Carr & Jon Gruden are going to be to really awkward neighbors in Vegas. Carr is building his dream house next-door to Gruden....
              Who’s dream home is in Las Vegas?
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• CivilBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                I always liked Carr, despite him being a Raider. However, he is at his ceiling so what you see is what you get. He is a middle of the pack QB, who won't lose you games but also won't win them. He is not elite, cannot carry the team to victory, and is not someone you build your team around. But if you have a solid defense and a good OL, you can plug him in and win a lot of games. Gruden has never had a superstar QB. His whole coaching career, it has been retreads or average players like Carr. Wierd. Some of that is just talent and roster selection. But some of it is Gruden may not be the offensive genius he is portrayed to be.

TG
                I think Mariota showed how mediocre Carr was last year. He stepped in with the same players and was able to move up and down the field. Perhaps it was the opposing team not prepared for Mariota.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

TG
                  He was a top 10 QB this past season and Gruden offense is pretty complex and he is pretty comfortable in it now.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

He sucks.
                    That's what it is.
                    Carr sucks.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

I think Mariota showed how mediocre Carr was last year. He stepped in with the same players and was able to move up and down the field. Perhaps it was the opposing team not prepared for Mariota.
                      Maybe but I know i wouldn't want Mariota as my starting QB. He has shown to be pretty mediocre in that role.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                        He sucks.
                        That's what it is.
                        Carr sucks.
                        Agree Carr is not elite, but he's still decent...a step above someone like Tyrod, for example...

Comment

• CivilBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Agree Carr is not elite, but he's still decent...a step above someone like Tyrod, for example...
                          Agree. Carr looks down the field and tries to complete a deep pass. TT doesn’t. In a battle of decent qbs, who would you pick between Carr and Romo?

Comment

Working...
                          X