• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He was a top 10 QB this past season and Gruden offense is pretty complex and he is pretty comfortable in it now.
    No doubt or arguments here, Boltjolt. Carr was statistically a top 10 QB. But you have watched him....is he a top 10 QB in terms of what he means to his team and his ability to elevate those around him and will/carry his team to victory? I don't see it. He is a Ryan Tannehill/Alex Smith/Andy Dalton/Eli Manning QB not a Pat Mahomes/Tom Brady/Drew Brees/Peyton Manning or even Phil Rivers one.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell expects much of the 2021 offseason to remain virtual amidst the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.

"Virtual is going to be a part of our life," Goodell said Thursday. "It was actually a positive way to install offenses and work in the offseason." That second point could be debated, but it is good to see the NFL continuing to take a responsible attitude toward the coronavirus. Goodell also would not commit to full stadiums next season. "I don't know when normal will occur again. I don't know if normal will occur again." Vaccines are going to be one of many factors that make this spring and summer less dismal than last year, but it is still unlikely things will be able to go fully back to normal, and that includes the country's most dominant sports league. For fantasy purposes, it would be nice to get a preseason.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        NFL commissioner Roger Goodell expects much of the 2021 offseason to remain virtual amidst the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.

"Virtual is going to be a part of our life," Goodell said Thursday. "It was actually a positive way to install offenses and work in the offseason." That second point could be debated, but it is good to see the NFL continuing to take a responsible attitude toward the coronavirus. Goodell also would not commit to full stadiums next season. "I don't know when normal will occur again. I don't know if normal will occur again." Vaccines are going to be one of many factors that make this spring and summer less dismal than last year, but it is still unlikely things will be able to go fully back to normal, and that includes the country's most dominant sports league. For fantasy purposes, it would be nice to get a preseason.
        Imagine the NFL going TOTALLY virtual...rig up each player with motion sensors on different parts of their body, run the play, all 22 players go into motion, place them in front of greenscreens, with a VR headset, and some video whiz combines all 22 players on a virtual football field...pipe in the announcer and crowd noise, and, VOILA! Now, you've got REAL fantasy football...the Covid-2029 Edition...
        Last edited by Topcat; 02-05-2021, 09:26 AM.

Comment

• SBbound
          Casual fanatic
          • Feb 2019
          • Merced/San Diego
          • Send PM

This is very disappointed to read.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by labound View Post

This is very disappointed to read.
            Yes and No! We're only 7 months away from the next season so I can see a third of a stadium being filled and if you've had your covid shots by then you can enter. Would be fun to see a live game in the new stadium though.

:Beer1:
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Yes and No! We're only 7 months away from the next season so I can see a third of a stadium being filled and if you've had your covid shots by then you can enter. Would be fun to see a live game in the new stadium though.

:Beer1:
              I would hope that by September live events will be back.
              Last edited by jamrock; 02-05-2021, 08:28 AM.

Comment

• Berserker76
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

I think Goodell was playing it safe by being more pessimistic than optimistic. I'm inclined to believe that vaccinations are going to ramp-up demonstrably once they get the hang of it and new vaccines become available. Wouldn't be surprised to see business as usual, or close to it, come September. Here's to hoping!

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Gruden wants Sherman and doesn’t care who knows haha
                  P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                  P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                  P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                  P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                    Gruden wants Sherman and doesn’t care who knows haha
                    He can have him.
                    Old and slow. We already have a couple of those at CB.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

He can have him.
                      Old and slow. We already have a couple of those at CB.
                      Agreed, but more significantly is that Raiders should be getting penalized for tampering when Gruden was joking/pitching to Sherman.
                      what an idiot
                      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Looks like Wentz to the Bears or Colts.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Looks like Wentz to the Bears or Colts.
                          Excellent! Another QB needy team @#6.

If Penei somehow drops to #7, we better be on the fucking phone.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X