• Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
    Et0Uht0XMAEa5_B.jpeg

The rumor mill is goin' churning with Chicago wanting Carson Wentz. IMO, His mechanics are awful. His base is fucked and he's fixin' to throw pigeon-toed. Carson Wentz's accurate pass % on throws less than 10 yards downfield was 46% Worst in the NFL.
    Whatever team is trading for Wentz - doesn't need to do it today. The teams trading for him know about the guarantees and what not. Eagles asking for a first makes sense but they might have to just take the seconds a team like the Colts are rumored to have offered, take the picks and cash savings, clean up your cap this year.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

And those teams, include the Bills too, are why I want the cap to stay in the 180-182 range, nothing much over 185. The extra cash will help those teams more than it will help the Chargers.

As for Tevi, Lamp and Feeney - the market should decide what they get paid

I too am on the Feiler bandwagon - Steelers probably cannot bring him back more than likely
      Bears, Saints, Giants and Vikings are in cap trouble as well.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Bears, Saints, Giants and Vikings are in cap trouble as well.
        NFL Salary Cap Space | Over The Cap

Jason who runs OTC does a good job with the Cap. This just shows how bad the Eagles and Saints are but other teams aren't in great shape. But it just shows the Chargers are in good space this year as well as 2022 if they need to go a bit lighter on cap hits compared to AAV and can make up for it next year.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

NFL Salary Cap Space | Over The Cap

Jason who runs OTC does a good job with the Cap. This just shows how bad the Eagles and Saints are but other teams aren't in great shape. But it just shows the Chargers are in good space this year as well as 2022 if they need to go a bit lighter on cap hits compared to AAV and can make up for it next year.
          Remember to look at column 3 (#). It shows you how many players are signed currently. The Chargers (#) is 48. Many of the teams have 55-60 signed. Also remember that 10 of those 48 are "futures" players... and probably end up on the practice squad. Chargers don't have as much cap space as it looks on the surface.

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

If I'm John Lynch of 49ers, I'm calling Texans and making a ridiculous offer to pry away Deshaun Watson-QB.
            Texans, What do you need to say yes?
            Three 1st, two 3rds, a starting QB to replace Watson.
            And a starting DL to replace JJ Watt.
            ​​​​​​J.Garoppollo-QB
            A.Armstead-DL
            2021 #12
            2022 1st and 3rd
            2023 1st and 3rd

​​​​​
            Who has it better than us?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Remember to look at column 3 (#). It shows you how many players are signed currently. The Chargers (#) is 48. Many of the teams have 55-60 signed. Also remember that 10 of those 48 are "futures" players... and probably end up on the practice squad. Chargers don't have as much cap space as it looks on the surface.
              So, again I ask you Irwin Allen, how is this a problem in February,
              when March will be a great month for buyers ?

If anything, it is advantage LAC.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                If I'm John Lynch of 49ers, I'm calling Texans and making a ridiculous offer to pry away Deshaun Watson-QB.
                Texans, What do you need to say yes?
                Three 1st, two 3rds, a starting QB to replace Watson.
                And a starting DL to replace JJ Watt.
                ​​​​​​J.Garoppollo-QB
                A.Armstead-DL
                2021 #12
                2022 1st and 3rd
                2023 1st and 3rd

​​​​​
                I’ll take that deal.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

So, again I ask you Irwin Allen, how is this a problem in February,
                  when March will be a great month for buyers ?

If anything, it is advantage LAC.
                  Certain FA's will need to be re-signed in February (HH, RJ, MD, and a variety of others) leaving us much less cap space to fix that "Towering Inferno" of an offensive line in March.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Certain FA's will need to be re-signed in February (HH, RJ, MD, and a variety of others) leaving us much less cap space to fix that "Towering Inferno" of an offensive line in March.
                    They can release Turner, restructure MW or release Hayward when ever they want. Tomorrow works.

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I’ll take that deal.
                      Think it's a win win for both.

The Texans get back into rd 1 this year.
                      Get a QB and replacing Watt.

49ers if all is successful gave up that early #12 and Armstead for the QB swap.
                      And then as they have great seasons in playoffs the 2022 and 2023 1st and 3rd are toward the bottom of those rds. Those are not high top of rd picks.

They are not finding a Watson at the bottom of Rd 1 in 2022 and 2023.

​​​​And they can use UFA signing to get proven vets to make up for some of those picks.

I think all assets should be use to improve a team any way possible.

As I look back at drafts toward bottom 3rd rd picks, they are not locks to be good. And the two 1st if toward bottom of rd 1 are not often superstars either..

But you know what D.Watson is.

This is not a Hershell Walker deal .or a Ricky Williams deal.

It's a QB driven league. This is a deal for 49ers to compete for Championship for next decade

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

They can release Turner, restructure MW or release Hayward when ever they want. Tomorrow works.
                        Yes and I am just not that worried about cap space. Teams can work the cap. Hell, Pittsburgh and New Orleans have been doing it for years. Cap values are not AAV figures.

And its not like Tevi, Feeney or Lamp are priorities - the market needs to dictate what those three guys get paid. Not the Chargers. Henry is a priority I guess but again, they can franchise him to try to get a longer deal. Mike Davis - I want him back but again, maybe he needs to see the market as well. Granted, he and HH I would like back

Everybody else - test the market

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Think it's a win win for both.

The Texans get back into rd 1 this year.
                          Get a QB and replacing Watt.

49ers if all is successful gave up that early #12 and Armstead for the QB swap.
                          And then as they have great seasons in playoffs the 2022 and 2023 1st and 3rd are toward the bottom of those rds. Those are not high top of rd picks.

They are not finding a Watson at the bottom of Rd 1 in 2022 and 2023.

​​​​And they can use UFA signing to get proven vets to make up for some of those picks.

I think all assets should be use to improve a team any way possible.

As I look back at drafts toward bottom 3rd rd picks, they are not locks to be good. And the two 1st if toward bottom of rd 1 are not often superstars either..

But you know what D.Watson is.

This is not a Hershell Walker deal .or a Ricky Williams deal.

It's a QB driven league. This is a deal for 49ers to compete for Championship for next decade

I like your trade. I think when I thought of the 49ers for Watson I started with Aiyuk, one of the two LBs, Warner or Greenlaw and this years FRP. But Armstead makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                          X