• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post
    Saints’ Lattimore charged with a felony due to possession of stolen firearm. He was in a car with people also concealing a gun. When can these kids learn? Life probably gets boring when you make so much money so you got to find stupid things to do. I thought VJ’s DUI with a suspended license was bad.
    Not a good look, but he is 24, so.....
    Hope he can mature and be more careful in the future.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I'm a sucker for a good trick play. Had to share.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Hopefully when Staley and Lombardi call a trick play, it actually works...unlike Lynn/Stitch and all those epic gadget fails...like Rivers flanked out near sideline and Tyrod with that weird split formation...ugh...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Hopefully when Staley and Lombardi call a trick play, it actually works...unlike Lynn/Stitch and all those epic gadget fails...like Rivers flanked out near sideline and Tyrod with that weird split formation...ugh...
          First, when they brought in Taylor and put Rivers at "WR" - it was basically 10 on 11

Second, Steichen never seemed to have a good feel when to run a trick play. Okay, we are midfield, trailing by 7 - but lets do an end around and lose 12 yards and punt. Or worse, up by 7 where a FG makes it a two score game and the lameness ensues

To me: trick plays, going for it on 4th down, going for 2 - that needs to start Week 1. You establish an identity of doing those things so its something that is commonplace. Not having to go for 2 because you are down 8 with 5 seconds to go and the math tells you when to go for 2. I would like to see Staley go for 2 the first touchdown the team scores.

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

It helps to block well when you run a trick play. Tough to ask guys who can't block the base offense well to do a better job on more complicated plays.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

First, when they brought in Taylor and put Rivers at "WR" - it was basically 10 on 11

Second, Steichen never seemed to have a good feel when to run a trick play. Okay, we are midfield, trailing by 7 - but lets do an end around and lose 12 yards and punt. Or worse, up by 7 where a FG makes it a two score game and the lameness ensues

To me: trick plays, going for it on 4th down, going for 2 - that needs to start Week 1. You establish an identity of doing those things so its something that is commonplace. Not having to go for 2 because you are down 8 with 5 seconds to go and the math tells you when to go for 2. I would like to see Staley go for 2 the first touchdown the team scores.
              Agree - That was always a stupid move. The next poster also nails the obvious - if you can’t block anything you practice endlessly as your core offense, you’re probably not going to block a trick play correctly that you hardly ever run any better. The trick better be really tricky and Steichen’s tricks were usually not.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                It helps to block well when you run a trick play. Tough to ask guys who can't block the base offense well to do a better job on more complicated plays.
                Agree and that is why it was head scratchingly stupid to call these plays that do nothing but put the team in long distance downs that ended up being drive killing most of the time.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Mary is a massage therapist who says she was subjected to Watson’s inappropriate behavior. She hasn’t filed suit, but she wants her story told.

Enjoy fellas
                  I sure did.
                  Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I like it but that was a nice hook and lateral....... a better one was the one MIA used agains SDon last play of half in '81 playoff game......

My favorite trick play of all time was a play where a QB took snap, then ran to left like it was a keeper, but while running he carefully placed the ball on the ground behind his LT.....QB kept running and defense chased him, then another OL walked by and picked up that ball and jogged opposite way for an easy TD...... fooled everyone including TV cameras..... I think it happened in a college game...... some else may remember where and who the teams were........ but it was hilarious because ball was just sitting there on the grass and no one saw it..... lol

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Ballage signed with the Steelers

here comes a comp pick - NOT

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                        Ballage signed with the Steelers

here comes a comp pick - NOT
                        Ballage probably gives the Steelers a few decent games before his production tails off...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Ballage probably gives the Steelers a few decent games before his production tails off...
                          Wonder if RB now becomes a position of need in the draft higher than I would expect. Maybe Sermon in late R3

Comment

Working...
                          X