• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ghost of Quacksaw
    Beef Before Gazelles
    • May 2021
    • Send PM

Andy Dalton's time as a starter in Chicago? OVER!

Bears name rookie QB Justin Fields permanent starter (nfl.com)

Comment

• CivilBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
      Andy Dalton's time as a starter in Chicago? OVER!

Bears name rookie QB Justin Fields permanent starter (nfl.com)
      Good luck to Fields. It looks like Nagy was not playing his strengths that’s why he got pressured a lot.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The Panthers had close to $20m of cap space for this year so they had the money to take on the contract. And all it cost was a 2023 6th round pick

Now, I am good with the Chargers not trading for Gilmore, age, injury history plus they have a 30 year old injured CB. That said - if they continue to be on an upward trajectory, combined with possibly having comp picks next year (and I realize you cannot trade comp picks but it does open the door for your own 2022/2023 picks) - the Chargers should be players in the trade market if players become available that would help the roster.

I mean, if the Falcons continue to stink - how good would Cordarelle Patterson for a Cond'l 5th look on this roster. Chargers could be picking near the end of the 5th round. The way Patterson can return kicks - would be an asset.

Brandin Cooks for a Cond't pick - he would add a bit of speed to the WR room. Though Guyton is pretty fast.

I have mentioned Marcus Cannon
        Minor point, but comp picks are now tradable. Glad Gilmore isn't in conference.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          BetterToday ThanYesterday
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Me too. Happy he went to Panthers

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Minor point, but comp picks are now tradable. Glad Gilmore isn't in conference.
            Good clarification -
            -I should have written comp picks haven't been assigned by the league yet so those cannot be traded. But hte Chargers should be getting, if OTC.com is correct, two 6ths and two 7ths

So if I am Telesco - and the right player opens up, knowing they SHOULD be getting comp picks - those late rounders in 22 and 23 are open for business.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Latest rumor, Aaron Rodgers said nice things about Mike Tomlin.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Reading some stuff - it seems to be two reasons Smith was released
                1) his playing time diminished
                2) the Cowboys were worried he would get injured this year this guaranteeing next years salary of 9.2m

Granted, I liked the move the Bears made for Grant with the Dolphins - trading for a pick

Somebody, NFLN or ESPN suggested a player like Brandon Cooks as a fit for the Chargers for a late round pick.

If there is aveteran OL - like would Marcus Cannon make some sense if Houston is looking to trade to save cap space

I thought Jordan Phillips from the Cardinals - but he is pricy and hurt

The Chargers have the cap space this year and right now, are top 3 next year in cap space (and thats including Bulaga) - so they have some flexibility I think to take on a few million for a player that can take them up a notch.
                The only reason he is playing as much as he is right now is because Parsons had to move to DE because of an injury they had there which made Smith move into that spot. So when Parsons goes back to LB, Smith will not be playing much while making big bucks.

As for Grant, thats a trade id have made for him. He can take over PR duties and is a much better WR than Hill is and brings speed. Hate it when Telesco misses on these cheap deals. Grant isnt making that much

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

He said it on Pat MacAfee show. He said it means nothing, he just likes Tomlin. Rodgers is on MacAfee's shows every Tuesday. Always a good listen.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    BetterToday ThanYesterday
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

And Tomlin made longing, googly eyes at Rodgers when he made the Stillers burn a timeout by hustling to the line.

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Rogers is not going to a non-contending team.

Rogers not going to a team with a bad OL.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• equivocation
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2021
                        • Send PM

Comment

• equivocation
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2021
                          • Send PM

Good podcast with John Beck (private QB coach) and Mitchell Schwartz (former Chiefs RT) on a bunch of QB stuff, scheme stuff, football IQ stuff, and some Urban Meyer stuff (like, how does a coach not fly back with the team and immediately go into film study?).

Comment

Working...
                          X