• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Not too many QBs make that throw with 93 coming right at you. For sure Goff couldn't make that throw.

I give the Rams credit - they put the chips on the table and going for a ring. They have been pretty strong these last 4 years, including this year.
    Rams have taken the opposite approach from teams like the Chargers and most of the NFL. No desire to build through the draft. Just trades and FA’s adding before and during the season.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Bears hire away Ryan Poles from KC for their GM position. Chargers JoJo Wooden was interviewed for the job. KC will get the draft picks for the minority hire-away.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
        Bears hire away Ryan Poles from KC for their GM position. Chargers JoJo Wooden was interviewed for the job. KC will get the draft picks for the minority hire-away.
        The KC guy is a minority?

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yes, he's also a former player, undrafted, by the Bears.

Some other history, was the Director of College Scouting when they drafted Mahomes, and was also an assistant under Scott Piloli. He's been up for other GM jobs before.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yep - two more third round picks to the Chefs - one this spring; one in 2023

I was hoping for Wooden but I knew it was a long long long shot

And for the record, if I were the Bears - I would probably take from the Andy Reid tree over the Telesco tree.

Comment

• FoutsFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Birmingham AL
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
              Look on the bright side, this saved TT the embarrassment of blowing another 3rd round pick.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Rams have taken the opposite approach from teams like the Chargers and most of the NFL. No desire to build through the draft. Just trades and FA’s adding before and during the season.
                Actually the second point about the draft is not that accurate. The Bears have been able to accumulate extra draft picks - just maybe not the Day 1 or Day 2 picks with trading for Cooks and Ramsey and Stafford and Von MIller, etc.

But the Rams having the WalMart Kronke cash is a big reason they can do some of what they do.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I've been reading Hub Arkush on the Bears for over 30 years. He's solid.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Sean Payton retiring from the Saints
                    He gave it a good go there - 15 years

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                      Sean Payton retiring from the Saints
                      He gave it a good go there - 15 years
                      Yes he did, and got the perfect QB for his system with Brees. Good luck to him, probably in the studio.

Maybe Lombardi will be a candidate there?

9 HC openings now, Saints, Bears, Giants, Vikings, Raiders, Jaguars, Dolphins, Broncos, Texans. More than I thought there would be. (5)

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

IMO, There's a war on for the L.A. market. Rams ownership is well aware. They are doing everything they can, to put everything they can, onto the field, to win fans. Hard to say they aren't.

Conversely, I see Dean Spanos hiring a P.R. firm to say 'Fight For L.A.' and then I see Dean watching his investment mature. And then a funny thing happened: Herbert & Staley are both better than what the Rams possess.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

IMO, There's a war on for the L.A. market. Rams ownership is well aware. They are doing everything they can, to put everything they can, onto the field, to win fans. Hard to say they aren't.

Conversely, I see Dean Spanos hiring a P.R. firm to say 'Fight For L.A.' and then I see Dean watching his investment mature. And then a funny thing happened: Herbert & Staley are both better than what the Rams possess.
                          I am not sure how you can make the last statement, the Rams are a win away from the Super Bowl. Their second in 4 years. The Chargers didn't even make the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                          X