• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post

They were $100 million over last offseason. They lost guys like Janoris Jenkins, Emmanuel Sanders and Trey Hendrickson but largely kept the core intact. I could see them letting Armstead walk but beyond that, they’ll be able to keep the band together if they want to.
    We can use Armstead, thanks!
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Maniaque 6
      French Speaking Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Québec city
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

That term the Goat is a practice that goes back to ancient Babylon. It's not something you really want to venerate.

Please no. Besides, the A-Rod to Denver talk just seems to be stuff to keep people reading and speculating.
      I thought the Brady's retirement would be the best day of my life.
      It's not. nflnetwork have Brady all over instead of the last KC/BUF game !

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        This is going to be one of the craziest off seasons ever I think. Many QBs may be moving on elsewhere. Pittsburgh needs a QB , Tampa, Denver, New Orleans, .....Wilson, Rodgers, Watson will/ may be moving on.
        Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Will some teams panic and overdraft a QB? Maybe...and not such a great QB class this year, either...
        Reflect for a moment how lucky the Chargers and their fans are to have Herbert fall into their lap in 2020. So many teams are in need of a franchise QB. The 2021 QB class does not look impressive, with the top pick, Trevor Lawrence, falling flat in a dysfunctional situation in Jax. Mac Jones had a good run mid-season but in the end he was not that impressive. But Zach Wilson and Justin Fields played like busts and Trey Lance was not able to supplant Jimmy GQ in SF. Third round pick Davis Mills out of Stanford may turn out to be the best QB of last year's draft. The 2022 QB draft field looks pathetic honestly. Just realizing how fortunate the Chargers are to have Herbert helps take the sting out of missing the post season.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Well, I'll be jiggered.
          Lol, look how long the sleeves are then

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Reflect for a moment how lucky the Chargers and their fans are to have Herbert fall into their lap in 2020. So many teams are in need of a franchise QB. The 2021 QB class does not look impressive, with the top pick, Trevor Lawrence, falling flat in a dysfunctional situation in Jax. Mac Jones had a good run mid-season but in the end he was not that impressive. But Zach Wilson and Justin Fields played like busts and Trey Lance was not able to supplant Jimmy GQ in SF. Third round pick Davis Mills out of Stanford may turn out to be the best QB of last year's draft. The 2022 QB draft field looks pathetic honestly. Just realizing how fortunate the Chargers are to have Herbert helps take the sting out of missing the post season.
            It's tough to say now. Burrow took a big leap this year even after only playing 9 games last year.

I think all of Lawrence, Fields and even Wilson will be better but Wilson I think struggles the most next season.

Lance,....I said he would be an bust but we'll see. I don't expect him to light it up next season.

I do not think Lawrence will be as good as Herbert.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
              Josh McCown may be the leading candidate for the the Houston Texans' HC job. The only coaching experience he has is with his son, for High School.
              Lol

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

I thought the Brady's retirement would be the best day of my life.
                It's not. nflnetwork have Brady all over instead of the last KC/BUF game !
                Hate to break it to ya but he hasn’t announced his retirement. His dad says he hasn’t made a decision

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

It's tough to say now. Burrow took a big leap this year even after only playing 9 games last year.

I think all of Lawrence, Fields and even Wilson will be better but Wilson I think struggles the most next season.

Lance,....I said he would be an bust but we'll see. I don't expect him to light it up next season.

I do not think Lawrence will be as good as Herbert.
                  I don’t think Lance is a bust yet. He actually looked better with each start. Shanahan just wants to hang onto the veteran in Jimmy G as long as possible especially since they’re still winning. It’s like Rivers waiting behind Brees. And honestly, I would be very surprised if Lance busts given the fact that Shanahan just knows how to run a great offensive scheme.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I don’t think Lance is a bust yet. He actually looked better with each start. Shanahan just wants to hang onto the veteran in Jimmy G as long as possible especially since they’re still winning. It’s like Rivers waiting behind Brees. And honestly, I would be very surprised if Lance busts given the fact that Shanahan just knows how to run a great offensive scheme.
                    Of course not now. He hasn't played much. I'm thinking he will be after he gets time. And I said that before he was drafted but he has looked ok. Landed in a good spot with Shanahan. But wait til DCs get tape on him.
                    Completion % can be better and needs to be better.
                    Big learning curve with only 1 year at a small school.

He just has a big arm is why he was conveyed more.
                    Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-29-2022, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                      Local news reported A-Ron sold his place in Del Mar for $5.5M-ish. Hmm.
                      He could live anywhere, but it probably would be cheaper for him almost anywhere else.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Hate to break it to ya but he hasn’t announced his retirement. His dad says he hasn’t made a decision
                        Hot rumor is that Brady fleeced Schefter.
                        Deflategate yanno.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Of course not now. He hasn't played much. I'm thinking he will be after he gets time. And I said that before he was drafted but he has looked ok. Landed in a good spot with Shamahan.
                          Completion % can be better though. Big learming.xurve with only 1 year at a small school.

He just has a big arm is why he was conveyed more.
                          The thing about Lance, is that the 2021 first round pick they traded to get him ended up in Dallas' hands, and they drafted Micah Parsons with it. If the Niners had stood pat and drafted Parsons...can you imagine the 49ers' defense with Micah Parsons?

Comment

Working...
                          X