Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
    I always thought Flores was a good coach with a bad owner.
    Ditto! Damn, if the timing had been been better, had this all go down last season, we might've snagged him to be the Chargers' head coach. I don't think his lawsuit will necessarily preclude him from getting another HC job. If Josh McDaniels is going to get another chance, Flores will too. I hope.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Ditto! Damn, if the timing had been been better, had this all go down last season, we might've snagged him to be the Chargers' head coach. I don't think his lawsuit will necessarily preclude him from getting another HC job. If Josh McDaniels is going to get another chance, Flores will too. I hope.
      Who gets a HC job first? Flores or Bieniemy?

Comment

• Heatmiser
        BetterToday ThanYesterday
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

So much to unpack here.

To Steve Wyche….lots of people take interviews knowing they are a long shot for the job but hoping to at least gain the experience. It has even happened to me and I am white and not an NFL HC candidate. It’s just the way the job market works and the higher the position the more it happens.

I was surprised when Flores was fired. I was even more surprised when he was hired. But I think he demonstrated he is a pretty good head coach. Way better than Joe Judge that’s for sure.

I was not surprised to read that Elway was late, disheveled, and hung over. It is a pretty consistent rumor that Elway unfortunately has a drinking problem. And the Broncos under his leadership had other execs with the same. Remember one drove into a parked police cruiser.

The NFL and the teams can probably trot out all kinds of documentation and witnesses that will counter what Flores is saying. And remember he didn’t get a job so he will be perceived to have an axe to grind. But the NFL cannot win this one. Being publicly called a racist is hard to come back from, no matter what, today. And the NFL cannot afford image problems.

I don’t have data in front of me, but it sure looks like the NFL hires black head coaches and coordinators and front office people. The trending is all in the right direction. Think about how many teams have had or currently have black head coaches. Raiders, Tampa, Indy, Steelers, Browns, Chiefs, Broncos, Dolphins, Vikings, Jets, Texans, Bengals, 49ers, Chargers. Is that half the league yet? And that is just off the top of my head, I am sure I am leaving some out. I just think it will be very hard for FLores to prove anything legally other than maybe the Giants broke an NFL rule. I don’t think he can prove discrimination.

And how appropriate that the king of all cheaters, rule breakers and complying with the rule but neither the spirit or intent, Bill Belicheck is in the middle of this.

NFL has got to be hating this. They want all the talk to be about hyping the Super Bowl and Brady did what he did when he did it, Now Flores. All that is missing is for Bob Kraft to get a massage.

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Jim Harbaugh apparently got hired by the Vikings.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            I was not surprised to read that Elway was late, disheveled, and hung over. It is a pretty consistent rumor that Elway unfortunately has a drinking problem.
            That might explain why Elway appears to be aging badly. Every time I see him on camera I am surprised at how old he looks, how decrepit his appearance is. This pic is from 2021 when Elway was 60 or 61. I'm a few years older than Elway and I don't look nearly that old. Alcoholism will age a person prematurely. I learned that from my watching my father slip away in his 50s.

800px-John_Elway_OCT2021_%28cropped%29.jpg

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Lol. Belichick thought he was texting Brian Daboll to congratulate him on getting Giants job!!! Flores said I haven’t interviewed yet. BB says “sorry I fucked up”!!!

lesson, be careful when you text especially any of you having affairs

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                The Precious
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Sleep tight tonight Roger. :tired:

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                  Lol. Belichick thought he was texting Brian Daboll to congratulate him on getting Giants job!!! Flores said I haven’t interviewed yet. BB says “sorry I fucked up”!!!

lesson, be careful when you text especially any of you having affairs
                  LOL.
                  If you are the GOAT, you can just smash your cellphone into a thousand pieces.
                  :shifty:
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• SK21209
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2020
                    • San Diego
                    • Send PM

Ross paying him under the table to lose games is the biggest takeaway here IMO, that could get Ross in serious trouble. Otherwise, I don’t see much here to back up the racial discrimination claims. Employment discrimination claims are notoriously hard to prove in court, I expect Flores and his lawyers understand that and just want to make a point.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

It looks like a helicopter reporter spotted banners behind the glass at the the WFT stadium confirming Washington Commanders as the new name. Name reveal is tomorrow.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Who gets a HC job first? Flores or Bieniemy?
                        I want to say Flores, but you never know.

Comment

• JupiterBolt
                          ~ Charger Fan ~
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Jupiter, FL
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post
                          Ross paying him under the table to lose games is the biggest takeaway here IMO, that could get Ross in serious trouble. Otherwise, I don’t see much here to back up the racial discrimination claims. Employment discrimination claims are notoriously hard to prove in court, I expect Flores and his lawyers understand that and just want to make a point.
                          Maybe a class action lawsuit from ticket holders?

Comment

Working...
                          X