Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post
    Ross paying him under the table to lose games is the biggest takeaway here IMO, that could get Ross in serious trouble. Otherwise, I don’t see much here to back up the racial discrimination claims. Employment discrimination claims are notoriously hard to prove in court, I expect Flores and his lawyers understand that and just want to make a point.
    Force sell worthy if true, imo
    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
      So much to unpack here.

To Steve Wyche….lots of people take interviews knowing they are a long shot for the job but hoping to at least gain the experience. It has even happened to me and I am white and not an NFL HC candidate. It’s just the way the job market works and the higher the position the more it happens.

I was surprised when Flores was fired. I was even more surprised when he was hired. But I think he demonstrated he is a pretty good head coach. Way better than Joe Judge that’s for sure.

I was not surprised to read that Elway was late, disheveled, and hung over. It is a pretty consistent rumor that Elway unfortunately has a drinking problem. And the Broncos under his leadership had other execs with the same. Remember one drove into a parked police cruiser.

The NFL and the teams can probably trot out all kinds of documentation and witnesses that will counter what Flores is saying. And remember he didn’t get a job so he will be perceived to have an axe to grind. But the NFL cannot win this one. Being publicly called a racist is hard to come back from, no matter what, today. And the NFL cannot afford image problems.

I don’t have data in front of me, but it sure looks like the NFL hires black head coaches and coordinators and front office people. The trending is all in the right direction. Think about how many teams have had or currently have black head coaches. Raiders, Tampa, Indy, Steelers, Browns, Chiefs, Broncos, Dolphins, Vikings, Jets, Texans, Bengals, 49ers, Chargers. Is that half the league yet? And that is just off the top of my head, I am sure I am leaving some out. I just think it will be very hard for FLores to prove anything legally other than maybe the Giants broke an NFL rule. I don’t think he can prove discrimination.

And how appropriate that the king of all cheaters, rule breakers and complying with the rule but neither the spirit or intent, Bill Belicheck is in the middle of this.

NFL has got to be hating this. They want all the talk to be about hyping the Super Bowl and Brady did what he did when he did it, Now Flores. All that is missing is for Bob Kraft to get a massage.

TG
      Belicheat...involved in:

Spygate
      Deflategate
      IR-Gate
      Deceptiongate
      Tuckgate
      Snowplowgate

And now...

DiscrimiGate

It never ends...
      Last edited by Topcat; 02-02-2022, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• equivocation
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        That might explain why Elway appears to be aging badly. Every time I see him on camera I am surprised at how old he looks, how decrepit his appearance is. This pic is from 2021 when Elway was 60 or 61. I'm a few years older than Elway and I don't look nearly that old. Alcoholism will age a person prematurely. I learned that from my watching my father slip away in his 50s.

800px-John_Elway_OCT2021_%28cropped%29.jpg
        He looks about 80.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Who gets a HC job first? Flores or Bieniemy?
          Or some random white guy?
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post
            Ross paying him under the table to lose games is the biggest takeaway here IMO, that could get Ross in serious trouble. Otherwise, I don’t see much here to back up the racial discrimination claims. Employment discrimination claims are notoriously hard to prove in court, I expect Flores and his lawyers understand that and just want to make a point.
            Agree that Ross could be Stirling’d if that can be proven. No different that fixing games for gambling really. Don’t know what proof Flores has but if he has any Ross is done. He’s already tainted.

discrimination is impossible to prove directly as no one in an NFL front office is going to say I didn’t hire him because he’s black. But the BB texts show that the Giants had no intention of abiding by the league rules. Who know what else he can dig up? If it comes to light that other teams are engaging in the same sham practices the league will have a big black eye. Coupled with Kaepernick, Gruden texts and this, it’s not a good look.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
              Jim Harbaugh apparently got hired by the Vikings.
              If Harbaugh is hired by the Vikings that leaves the Texans, Dolphins and Jaguars looking for coaches

Flores is probably not going to Houston now
              who knows what is going on in Jags land

Dolphins are down to Mike McDaniel and Kellen Moore. And I ask the question - how are either of those two a step up from Brian Flores? My guess, they aren't.

Josh McCown maybe to the Texans

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If Harbaugh is hired by the Vikings that leaves the Texans, Dolphins and Jaguars looking for coaches

Flores is probably not going to Houston now
                who knows what is going on in Jags land

Dolphins are down to Mike McDaniel and Kellen Moore. And I ask the question - how are either of those two a step up from Brian Flores? My guess, they aren't.

Josh McCown maybe to the Texans
                Josh McCown is obviously a step up from Flores also lol.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Apparently Hue Jackson wasn't a bad headcoach either
                  he was following orders to lose....
                  green text
                  P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                  P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                  P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                  P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                    Apparently Hue Jackson wasn't a bad headcoach either
                    he was following orders to loss....
                    I think He is saying that because he sucked at both HC stops and wants another shot.

I doubt Davis told him to lose at Oakland, he just is a shit HC and he was fired mid season in Cleveland.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Birmingham AL
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

He looks about 80.
                      Its not the years, its the mileage.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2020
                        • Oklahoma
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Or some random white guy?
                        Probably a random white guy because apparently Andy Reid still calls the plays. In the post game presser after the Bengals loss he said he should have called a better one on the last play of the 1st half debacle.
                        Last edited by Leslie Grossman; 02-02-2022, 04:49 PM.

Comment

• Berserker76
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

I liked Flores and was hoping he would do well, just not against us. He would be a good fit for the Jags, someone to crack a few heads to get their act together.

Comment

Working...
                          X