X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Interesting point. The Giants, as defendants, would be entitled to a jury of their peers. Imagine packing the jury with pro-business and pro-Giants fans--those who want to win and may resent this lawsuit as a slap in their face and hampering the Giants from making their club better by hiring the HC they want...still, I don't think in today's woke culture that the Giants/NFL will want to endure months of negative, so-called racist publicity...I think they settle...
    In jury selection, both sides will have the ability to challenge potential jurors for cause (having some sort of bias that makes it unfair for that prospective juror to be on the jury) and both sides will have several peremptory challenges that may be used to disqualify jurors that they deem undesirable. The parties may not disqualify jurors on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, etc.

I agree that the matter can be spun publicly by those interested in doing so, but I think there are things that the NFL can do to counter that.

And I do not disagree at all with your belief that the NFL will try to settle.
    Last edited by Guest; 02-03-2022, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• equivocation
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2021
      • Send PM

It's a civil case so presumption and jury standards are both lower.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

I do not believe that what Belichick did here was an "oops."

:shifty:
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Originally posted by equivocation View Post
          It's a civil case so presumption and jury standards are both lower.
          Yes, that's right. In civil cases, the usual burden of proof is preponderance of the evidence (more likely than not) versus the reasonable doubt standard in criminal cases in which any reasonable doubt should result in an acquittal.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Lol. You think he has something against the Giants?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Lol. You think he has something against the Giants?
              You think a man with his kind of attention to detail texted the wrong Brian ?

He has destabilized three franchises: Dolphins (AFCE.) Broncos (AFC.) And...uh...sorry about that Mr. Mara.

It smells.

In the ensuing chaos, there is total plausible deniability.

Pure Belichick.

Comment

• Berserker76
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

He had to do something to avenge them for spoiling their perfect record in 2007. Manning aside, we do owe the Giants for that feat.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

He had to do something to avenge them for spoiling their perfect record in 2007. Manning aside, we do owe the Giants for that feat.
                  Yeah.
                  I refuse to accept that Belichick would do such a dumb ass thing as text the wrong Brian.

Comment

• Berserker76
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

Yeah.
                    I refuse to accept that Belichick would do such a dumb ass thing as text the wrong Brian.
                    He's a sneaky rascal all right.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

You think a man with his kind of attention to detail texted the wrong Brian ?

He has destabilized three franchises: Dolphins (AFCE.) Broncos (AFC.) And...uh...sorry about that Mr. Mara.

It smells.

In the ensuing chaos, there is total plausible deniability.

Pure Belichick.
                      Not to mention how Belicheat also destabilized the Jets in Spygate and the Eagles in SB-39:

Days after Tom Brady’s Deflategate suspension was erased by a federal judge, Spygate and the Patriots are back in the news. An ESPN report Tuesday delved deeper into the Patriots’ videotaping tactics of the early part of the 2000s, revealing the scope and duration of New England’s deception. It essentially referred to Goodell’s overturned Deflategate suspension for Brady as a…

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
                        Nothing wrong with tanking once to get Joe Burrow. (Imagine them with Burrow instead of Tua) Just don't offer the coach money to do it. There are smarter ways like playing the rookies and practice squad guys.
                        Have a very hard time believing two coaches were offered money to lose within a few years of each other. Seems like 2 disgruntled guys. Coaches get fired when they lose or feud with the GM. Even Marty, sometimes ownership fires the wrong one.
                        I have no problem at all in believing it.
                        You think $100,000 per loss is too steep?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
                          Nothing wrong with tanking once to get Joe Burrow. (Imagine them with Burrow instead of Tua) Just don't offer the coach money to do it. There are smarter ways like playing the rookies and practice squad guys.
                          Have a very hard time believing two coaches were offered money to lose within a few years of each other. Seems like 2 disgruntled guys. Coaches get fired when they lose or feud with the GM. Even Marty, sometimes ownership fires the wrong one.
                          Any coach with merit wouldn't lose on purpose.

You play to win the game. Players can see you aren't making the best decisions to win. It's just not a good way to do things for team morale and you can lose the locker room.

Its a bad situation to put the coach in. The idiot owner is the one that wanted Tua.

Comment

Working...
                          X